Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Keeping teams up / Team League?
I've got a suggestion for those teams who supposedly fell out in the group phase.

As I know it takes some time to organize teams, and I think some teams would like to go on playing together, as a team that is.

So, how about - besides btt - having some kind of team league ? Matches could be scheduled independently of btt, and as soon as you're out of btt you're free to join in with your team - that way we could maybe keep the teams intact for longer?

'Cause it saddens me a bit that after all this time it took to get these teams up and running that already 8 teams are out. Of course it would be possible for non btt teams to join in as well, if there are any, and at any time, but they would then join with 0 points.

System could be like: 1 point for a loss and 3 points for a win, and you would have to get some kind of ref in as well as post the replay (or perhaps better, have the ref post the replay). That way people would want to play even if it could mean a loss for them.

Other possibility would be to limit time to 1:30 again and get 0 points for a loss, 1 point for a draw, and 3 points for a win.

Point systems are just a suggestion, maybe someone else has a better one as well there.

Incentive could maybe to have your team name added to the next bt loading screen as well if you're on top at a certain time (and maybe for a certain duration)

How about it?

P.S.: You're of course free to move this thread anywhere else if you feel it doesn't belong in here.
P.P.S.: Please no btt discussions in hereWink

Best Regards
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
thats a good idea....
same like the normal ranked games......just the "team version"......
through those team elos we could define the groups for the next btt.....
i like the idea but i i think there will be 3-4 real active teams. bt time is going to an end. some people already told me that after btt they quit bt. and lot of people from btt are already inactive. they just came back for btt.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [vote] K-D is a bad factor for ranking teams. Should we fix it now with rematch? olivercamel 104 88,124 2012-03-08, 14:40:49
Last Post: bot365
  about team Heroes loses the game because of flaming olivercamel 27 21,210 2012-02-29, 16:25:27
Last Post: progg
  We will accept the new Revoltek team for BTT olivercamel 45 31,456 2012-02-25, 01:56:08
Last Post: olivercamel
  Final Call for Team BeerTanks olivercamel 10 9,158 2012-02-18, 16:34:11
Last Post: olivercamel
  BTT2012 Team Registration, ELO and Seeding olivercamel 16 16,891 2012-02-15, 15:20:14
Last Post: Prokrastinat