Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BTT2012 Ends and short Summary
Today we had the BTT2012 honor game. And finally all games of the tournament are over.

This tournament started from December 2011, and ends at April 2012. We collected 16 teams and 78 players in total. 34 games + 1 honor game were played.

In this tournament, we used the new FIFA-like tournament system, and introduced the concept of the draw game, and tried the BO3 game for semi final and final. These attempts seem successful. Especially when having the draw game, many teams have used more aggressive tactic to attack the base, like with bombs, factories, and troops. But overall we had only 1 real draw game at 90min (out of 16). So in the future, this time limit may be reconsidered.

There are also some bad experiences. For example, using K-D as a factor to rank the teams didn't work well. Also there were teams didn't show up at the last round of the group level, when they for sure will be kicked. These things could be improved in the next tournament if any.

In this tournament we had some games broadcasted, so more people can watch it live. It is a good trial and thanks for torokid's help.

Here I want to thank all the teams/players who joined the tournament. You have presented great BT games for the community.

Also i want to thank all the people who helped the tournament, like Exo and other devteam members who supported the idea and reviewed the btt rules, like velo who helped for the BTT2012 bot. Many people helped to do the referee's work. They are UnifiedDoom, progg, wupti., FirePhoenix, Gummyman. and daCe/lagg etc. who are told to help as referee with only short notice before the game.

After all, I hope the everyone who joined or followed the tournament have lots of fun from it. BT is such a great game that we all enjoyed it already for years. And we should thank to the BT mappers/develop team who created this good game for the world!

p.s. to the forum admin, because the tournament is over you may archive this board.
I'd also like to use this oppertunity to thank you for this whole tournament. You just successfully organized two tournaments, which is great!

I'm always happy to see events like these and if anyone else plans to do something like this, I'm always glad to help with it.

So, until next time ;)
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Jup, thx for the second real BT Tournament.

All in all it was definetly a success, and i guess the most had fun and enjoyed the games + watching broadcasts/replays.

looking forward (a bit skeptical) for the next Tournament, which hopefully is then fair for every who will join it ; D
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BTT2012 Final Rank olivercamel 11 9,642 2012-07-12, 10:31:13
Last Post: daminator3
  BTT2012 Game Replays olivercamel 11 12,861 2012-04-15, 23:07:14
Last Post: olivercamel
  BTT2012 Honor Game olivercamel 10 10,046 2012-04-15, 23:03:56
  BTT2012 Winner Prizes olivercamel 12 12,474 2012-04-12, 23:56:27
  BTT2012 Game Schedule, Practical Info and Game Results olivercamel 5 9,861 2012-03-29, 20:44:25