Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catapult v. Double Mech
With catapult in lane, basic magic start, what would you do against double mech? Double mech significantly slows down your farming ability and you will be behind in gold and level. Straight save for thunder, even by passing upgrading the basic?
Unfortunately: nothing.

You can try to gank the mechs with teammates, but that only works if the mech player is careless. Currently double mech is just too strong, and with demolisher or antigrav you are close to a default loss on the side lanes. So the best thing is to play another tank and probably tech mechs yourself.

Going to be fixed next version, so look forward to it.
Grav can double mech himself when he sees opp double mech. Catapult cannot which is why I started this thread.

I faced double mech against scout, heli, and grav in the past couple of days with catapult. Double mech Scout isn't much of a problem with scout being low hp and catapult having enough firepower.

Heli I went with grenade launchers and actually was even in lane in terms of k/d (way behind in creep kills).

Against grav, no answer whatsoever.
(2012-04-16, 19:12:10)phoenix_strike Wrote: Grav can double mech himself when he sees opp double mech.

Sorry, but anything that can ONLY be countered by that SAME thing is seriously flawed balanced wise. The only other awnser I see to buy bow, focus on creeps, and save for tank.
bow doesnt work. I tried that with catapult against 2 mech grav. bow range is short, as long as the 2 mech is ahead of creep wave, you cannot farm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Understanding the double Thunder Hammer Prog 1 3,998 2014-04-27, 11:41:04
Last Post: Exodus
  [Tutorial]Tech Mech 101 Prog 12 17,044 2012-03-14, 15:08:08
Last Post: Prog