Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove -giveup
This giveup-command just ruins game. They start kicking people that are not giving up and they not playing the game.

I would like to play full whole games, when we destroy thier base or them is destroying our.

Its so fucking annoying when they start giving up because the lose on cp or a couple. The game isnt over for that.

Start playing the game, and dont whine. You can always turn around and win, or at atleast try to defend the base.
Well, i did post something somewhere else, maybe not on the good one : here : http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=3054&page=2
I agree that giveup command ruin some games that's why i did post a replay in this post.
The giveup command should be restricted with some requirements. That's just a suggestion but i think it could help to make some good games.
i'd rather suggest few times typing -giveup will cause votekicking of this playerTongue it might be motivating to play unless qualifies to playSmile
Last week, another example of why never give up (or delete commandSmile). At start one afk, we play it 4vs5. For real we are 3vs5 (oj is nooby, an example : min 50 he asks for ups to get inf, when i spent 6k for him, he just got demon...). At 65' we got no more fact and on tower of headquarter is down. We got lot more kills and better tanks than the other team, but 3vs5 very hard (3vs4 after afk players left)... Then some players would just have giveup, because pointless etc... Game last 1h50' and we finish winner.
Giving up sucks !Smile

Attached Files
.w3g   4vs5.w3g (Size: 2.9 MB / Downloads: 182)
(2012-02-04, 11:57:34)Max Wrote: Last week, another example of why never give up (or delete commandSmile). At start one afk, we play it 4vs5. For real we are 3vs5 (oj is nooby, an example : min 50 he asks for ups to get inf, when i spent 6k for him, he just got demon...). At 65' we got no more fact and on tower of headquarter is down. We got lot more kills and better tanks than the other team, but 3vs5 very hard (3vs4 after afk players left)... Then some players would just have giveup, because pointless etc... Game last 1h50' and we finish winner.
Giving up sucks !Smile

Exactly!

But maybe add som requirerments, like if the team has 2x more kills, or 2 players or more. 2vs4, you can giveup. 4vs3, no giveup. But then maybe they kick just so they can giveup. But something based on kill/death should work.

if 2x more kills AND all control points, else if 2 more players AND all control points.
Would it be possible to make something about that? I mean now, last 20 games, maybe half last 30 min because of giving up. I don't know for other players, but if i play, it's to play a complete game and to have some fun. Which is harder with giveup command.
Or maybe could it be possible at least to limit this command? Limit actually is once every minute, but there are still some people very boring who spam giveup. Would it be possible to limit to one -giveup command every 30 min for each player? Or sth like that?
The command itself is not the problem here, but rather the fact that somewhat experienced players can tell from game situation if they will win or not.
What do we gain when removing the command and everyone who wants to giveup is just sitting in the edge not playing anymore because he knows his team can not win anymore?

To the proposal of extending the "cooldown" of giveup command: That's the worst suggestion ever! I played many games where everyone in my team wanted to giveup, but we needed three or four trys to acually get everyone typing -giveup in the 20sec window, which by the way is too small!!! I would suggest to extend this window to infinity, so the moment everyone has typed -giveup, the game is over. This makes MUCH more sense! Perhaps you can then include a -ungiveup command so you can change your mind...
That's sounds good. What i meant was mostly to prevent players so spam giveup which is anoying. I just gave an idea, didn't say it was a good one... Making giving up to infinity could be good idea... Better than mine at leastBig Grin
(2012-04-14, 13:33:14)ssl Wrote: To the proposal of extending the "cooldown" of giveup command: That's the worst suggestion ever! I played many games where everyone in my team wanted to giveup, but we needed three or four trys to acually get everyone typing -giveup in the 20sec window, which by the way is too small!!! I would suggest to extend this window to infinity, so the moment everyone has typed -giveup, the game is over. This makes MUCH more sense! Perhaps you can then include a -ungiveup command so you can change your mind...

This sounds like a reasonable suggestion. I think I might try this one.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
lols ungiveup sounds so retarded.

But its not a bad idea. I'm not against it.
(2012-04-14, 23:28:28)AeroniumX Wrote: lols ungiveup sounds so retarded.

Yeah, but it's just the first what came to my mind. Maybe this should be given another nameWink
Also, you could implement the command as such so you will be notified of the "ungiveup" command when you issue the giveup command with a short description.

Also you should not immediatly end the game when 5 votes are there, but instead show a notification and allow 15sec for each player to change his mind.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should the -giveup command be removed entirely? UnifiedDoom 3 3,348 2013-08-05, 19:51:37
Last Post: RikonVan
  -Giveup Fucked Up PaPPa_D 3 3,644 2011-05-01, 22:53:18
Last Post: Althend
  Does remove fuse suck hard? Or the hulls pwn mines better? TKF 12 7,228 2009-11-21, 22:43:03
Last Post: IlPalazzo
  Remove HB from BTanks ? Lavias 7 4,447 2009-11-19, 15:20:06
Last Post: Paladon
  Remove Expolder from BTanks ? Lavias 2 1,997 2009-11-19, 14:12:34
Last Post: psycho_dmr