Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Magic
Is it possible to add 1-2 new weapons for the startup which EVERY Tank no matter if randomed or picken can take?

Right now we have:
- Basic Magic (999 range - cool weapon - used sooooo often)
- Multibow (creeps only - often get flamed when using it in mid)
- Bonfire (777 range - not viable for most of the starter tanks)

I come up with the suggestion becouse I played a game some time ago and saw !10! upped Basic Magic in the junkyardBig Grin and I guess this is not the top value or this just happened to me.

But imho I just started this thread becouse im bored a bit becouse of picking this weapon for like 70% of my games at the start.
It is extremely difficult to find a good niche for a starting weapon. We all know that short range weapons are terrible at start and even the 860 range of basic cannon is a risky pick. 950 range weapons are already possible at start for some tanks with 1.5k and 2k gold (and they are not so different from basic magic). Longer range already exists as well for 2k and a 1k gold 1300 range weapon would deal very little damage (~50 dps) and be useless. I don't see a good spot for a new ~1k starting weapon right now. Maybe a 1050 range one, but that brings the risk of becoming the new Basic Magic, so it would need some drawback. Perhaps not having an upgrade at all or so.
Just remake the weapon formular instead.Rolleyes
(2013-07-23, 16:13:56)Prog Wrote: It is extremely difficult to find a good niche for a starting weapon. We all know that short range weapons are terrible at start and even the 860 range of basic cannon is a risky pick. 950 range weapons are already possible at start for some tanks with 1.5k and 2k gold (and they are not so different from basic magic). Longer range already exists as well for 2k and a 1k gold 1300 range weapon would deal very little damage (~50 dps) and be useless. I don't see a good spot for a new ~1k starting weapon right now. Maybe a 1050 range one, but that brings the risk of becoming the new Basic Magic, so it would need some drawback. Perhaps not having an upgrade at all or so.

yeah you are right. but right now we are in a beta and i guess implementing 2 new weapons (950 range and 1050 range for about 1k gold) is not a big deal for exodus Cool and its just for a test. if the 1050 is too imba its also ok to remove it or rework it you know and also the fact a weapon can work in many different ways (attackspeed, projectiles, no building dmg,.....) can make the balancing more easy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remake Death Magic (7777) kastorka 43 25,734 2011-05-20, 21:27:59
Last Post: TKF
  Tank Basic Cannon snutsMU 10 5,336 2009-10-28, 00:33:33
Last Post: muhaha96