Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Esc multiboard close for all players bug?
When I play I sometimes notice that the multiboard closes by itself. I suspect it might be related to someone else pressing Esc, but I might be wrong.

It does happen sometimes in a game for no apparent reason.
BTW: I don't really like this function, because the [ESC] key is assigned to multiple actions now. Also it isn't very intuative.
For example, I often use [ESC] to close the skill menu and then, the multiboard opens. That's annoying...
(2012-12-07, 12:55:01)AeroniumX Wrote: When I play I sometimes notice that the multiboard closes by itself. I suspect it might be related to someone else pressing Esc, but I might be wrong.

It does happen sometimes in a game for no apparent reason.

Do you have a replay where that happens? You usually can see when this happens, even in a replay, so it might help.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
No, but happens in most games. Quite annoying when it closes by itself.
I got the same problem...
Exo and i tried several constellation (different styles, opened/closed, while kick and not) to reproduce your problem with the current beta. But we never got any problems.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
(2012-12-07, 19:22:57)ssl Wrote: BTW: I don't really like this function, because the [ESC] key is assigned to multiple actions now. Also it isn't very intuative.
For example, I often use [ESC] to close the skill menu and then, the multiboard opens. That's annoying...

Personally I think it's way more handy for toggling the multiboard. I've never used it to navigate the skill menus and I guess it's the same for most people.
When comparing the pros and cons between the added functionality and the multi-assignement, I'm still for the multiboard functionality.
Altough I'm going to keep it as it is, I decided to add a new command "-mb esc", which enables or disables the escape key for multiboards. The default is 'enabled'.

I hope, that you are kinda satisfied with that, because that is as far as I would go in that situation.

Concerning the bug report itself I still have no clue what might be causing this behaviour. But the new command might help, I don't know.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
(2012-12-22, 14:39:11)Exodus Wrote: I hope, that you are kinda satisfied with that, because that is as far as I would go in that situation.

Great solution, I'll just add that command to my "-zoom 4000 -rc" hotkeyWink

BTW: Another important use of the ESC key is to abort a chat, i.e. if you need to react quickly while typing and aren't finished yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Always cannot kick some players kenlin 1 2,818 2011-12-28, 19:55:18
Last Post: eSVau
  [8.69] Bug for left players which are dead Ger-Dyers-Eve 0 1,822 2010-04-09, 01:19:55
Last Post: Ger-Dyers-Eve
  [8.43] Multiboard Sky Fortress Bug TKF 1 1,734 2008-05-03, 00:34:16
Last Post: TKF