Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle Tanks 8.77e
Hey guys,
this time it's a bigger update again. This version intends to improve the lategame. I hope you'll like it!

v 8.77
  • Highlights
    • Added a new tank to the Contruction Hall: Goliath
    • Remade the Titan
    • Reduced the cost of the Titan from 25k to 20k
    • Added a new Blue Print: Negator Pack
    • Added two new weapons to the Outpost
    • Remade Explosives, they are now an active item and available in League Mode
    • Long range weapons now also attack buildings, but they will only deal 10% damage against them
    • There is now a preparation time of 10 seconds before the first creeps spawn
    • Remade the kick system
    • Added a new endgame screen, which shows all relevant information on a multiboard

• Tank Changes
    • Changed Exploder a bit, to make up for the changed Explosives
    • Decoys (Medivac) are now targeted as buildings
    • Changed the creation effect of the decoys to a much more discreet one
    • HitnRun no longer divides the damage through the targets
    • HitnRun now deals the damage in the same way as Explosives and Mines, it gets less the farther away the target is
    • Removed the countdown indicator from Shape Memory Alloy and HitnRun (Raider)
    • A floating text now shows the accumulated damage of HitnRun
    • Increased the aoe of the second wave of Metal Stars (Shredder) from 400 to 500
    • Remade Chain Lightning (Thunder Tank)
    • The Trader is no longer able to buy Orbital Control and Negator Pack

• Item Changes
    • Increased upgrade cost for Acid Cannon (3000g -> 5100g)
    • Decreased upgrade cost for Supercell (12500g -> 7500g)
    • Repair Robots are now cheaper (2000g -> 1500g)
    • Maintenance now repairs 500 hp plus 20% from upgrades, instead 750 hp plus 10%
    • Increased Maintenance costs from 100g to 150g
    • Recharge now heals 15 mana plus 20% from upgrades, instead of 20 mana plus 10%
    • Recharge now has 3 charges, instead of 2
    • Burst Armor is now able to block damage, when the damage is higher than your max HP
    • The upgraded Burst Armor now blocks all damage for 0.25s after being triggered
    • Weapons are no longer upgradeable, when the owning player is afk

• Game Changes
    • All tanks, weapons and items are now buyable through standardized hotkeys (except at the Trader Market)
    • Reduced the number of inventory slots of the Protective Tower at the HQ from 6 to 2
    • Kick attempts in singleplayer are now always succesfull
    • Added an effect, which shows when Control Points heal with half the speed
    • Aura Creeps spawned by the Aura Creep upgrades now all spawn at the HQ
    • Reduced the price of the Aura Creep upgrades from 3000 to 2250 gold
    • Added three abilities to the Tech Mech, which allow him to use Teleport Breakers, Nets and Detectors from his inventory
    • Improved heal and resistance of Strategic Locations (20 -> 25 hp/s; 15% -> 20% resistance)
    • Changed Strategic Locations on the upper and middle lane a bit
    • Teleport Beacon now grants a free CPTP in a larger area
    • Some non-damage skills now also enable you to get assists (like Energy Leash or Banish)
    • Made some game performance related improvements
    • Added "-mb esc", which enables / disables the multiboard toggling with the escape key

• Bug fixes
    • Fixed AFKAI from taking over, when a player has been afk for 5 minutes, even though it was disabled
    • Fixed giveup votes from being accepted instantly, when the last player without a vote leaves
    • Fixed Architects Portals from sometimes allowing a teleport although they are in cooldown
    • Fixed Control Points only regenerating mana with half the speed, when the hp were full
    • Fixed the multiboard with the ally health bars from not updating properly
    • Fixed Mass Converter sometimes not granting HP and Mana for a killed unit
    • Fixed the base factories from not receiving their protective buff
    • Fixed Splash Cannon (Architect) turning off arbitrarily sometimes
    • Fixed units from sometimes getting stuck in an Architect Portal
    • Fixed new tanks keeping Trader items, after changing the tank
    • Fixed Electro Shocker from also targeting buildings sometimes
    • Fixed rooted Guards showing up as Tinkers on the multiboard
    • Fixed the kick form performing on an already kicked player
    • Fixed Goblin Synergy (Shredder) always staying on level 1
    • Fixed Ensnare (Scout) from not disabling air only weapons
    • Fixed Strategic Location not providing any regeneration
    • Fixed some extended tank requirements being too high
    • Fixed the Trader version of the Mine Defuser Pack
    • Fixed the permanent progress bar of the Goldmine
    • Fixed Giveup still working after the game ended
    • Fixed magic resistances not stacking properly
    • Fixed several Teleport Beacon related bugs
    • Fixed the kickboard staying at game end
    • Fixed several minor bugs and leaks

v 8.77b
  • Fixed some long range weapon related bugs
  • Fixed a Portal (Architect) related bug

v 8.77c
  • Fixed Electro Shocker (Air Ship) dealing more damage to the main target, than intended

v 8.77d
  • When a tank kills itself, its enemy are now able to get assists for it
  • Selfkills now only increase the penalty half as fast
  • Fixed a crash caused by the Goliath icon on Macs

v 8.77e
  • Fixed HitnRun (Raider) not returning after the duration

Kick system explanation: http://btanks.net/wordpress/8-77-beta-new-kick-system/

As always, this version will run on Qualify first, to ensure everything is working smoothely.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Don't see it on the qualify bot.
(2012-12-26, 22:14:09)AeroniumX Wrote: Don't see it on the qualify bot.
it was removed right away probably due to lr weapons bug
That's right. I had some problems with that before, but we made several tests to ensure that everything is working. It seems like something still slipped through.

I'm not sure what happened there, but I apologize for any ruined game, because of the lr bug. I'm working on a fix right now.
:( I really like the new update I cant wait to play it!!! Be sure to let us know when it is back up!
I think I fixed the bugs. I'll start another short beta phase to make sure, that this is the case. After that, 8.77b will be released.
sup with the zoom?Big Grin
I would LOVE to be able to play the BETA but NO1 ever joins. Maybe its time for some sort of reward for participating in the beta. Perhaps let beta matches increase your stay % maybe even give bonus %%.
mech has become more powerful same value the stuff its able to do should require armor or weapons upgrades or something mech is so useful already for the value you buy it for.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
(2012-12-29, 18:27:06)stibi- Wrote: sup with the zoom?Big Grin

It's the result of some stupid cross-dependency in the map and because of this I'm glad, that I did this beta testing.
exo no feed back on what i said ?
(2012-12-29, 23:16:35)BENNIE.FM Wrote: mech has become more powerful same value the stuff its able to do should require armor or weapons upgrades or something mech is so useful already for the value you buy it for.

I don't really think so. If you're talking about the new functions being too powerful I don't see how armor/weapons upgrades would do anything, since these new abilities would only come into play in mid/late game anyway. When mech's repair was nerfed nobody bothered changing the cost so why should it be changed now? Personally I like the new changes to mech as it rewards players with good micro and map awareness.
(2012-12-30, 19:28:11)UnifiedDoom Wrote:
(2012-12-29, 23:16:35)BENNIE.FM Wrote: mech has become more powerful same value the stuff its able to do should require armor or weapons upgrades or something mech is so useful already for the value you buy it for.

I don't really think so. If you're talking about the new functions being too powerful I don't see how armor/weapons upgrades would do anything, since these new abilities would only come into play in mid/late game anyway. When mech's repair was nerfed nobody bothered changing the cost so why should it be changed now? Personally I like the new changes to mech as it rewards players with good micro and map awareness.

I agree with doom
Awesome mech was already so useful now it has new changes and buffs and value stays the same.
maybe something like the new abilities of mech can only be used after 30 min and purchasing a mech be 450 instead just a thought ,or reward people who have kept there mech alive from the start duno
I would be willing to pay 500 or so for a Mech if he had is old resistance back and could receive healing by Robos...
Bugfix version released.

@Bennie: I'd like to give that version at least some time, until I'd change the Tech Mech again.
I just don't understand because mech has been changed to meet balancing needs while taking into account it cost $350 gold.Now it has much more stronger late game abilities .The mech before the current changes only cost 350 gold but provided a decent heal early game ,provided free cptp for shopping could protect cps by building and gaining cps by building.That is already so powerful

Now the mech has all these big game changing abilities @unified i don't care how good you are late game or how good your microing is 350 for all these abilities.

Don't get me wrong i like the cool changes and i know a mech can die easily and can easily go unrewarded.

How about having a higher upgraded of a mech a tier 1 and tier 2 the second one costing 500 with greater abilities.
(2013-01-01, 01:12:54)BENNIE.FM Wrote: I just don't understand because mech has been changed to meet balancing needs while taking into account it cost $350 gold.Now it has much more stronger late game abilities .The mech before the current changes only cost 350 gold but provided a decent heal early game ,provided free cptp for shopping could protect cps by building and gaining cps by building.That is already so powerful

Now the mech has all these big game changing abilities @unified i don't care how good you are late game or how good your microing is 350 for all these abilities.

Don't get me wrong i like the cool changes and i know a mech can die easily and can easily go unrewarded.

How about having a higher upgraded of a mech a tier 1 and tier 2 the second one costing 500 with greater abilities.

thast a cool idea. upgradeable mech? maybe able to gain XP to level up to a better version? Just upgradeable with gold is good to.

I do think its fine just how it is thou but its something to think about
New version with a fix for the Electro Shocker!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battle Tanks 8.80c Exodus 21 21,989 2015-08-09, 21:11:11
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Battle Tanks 8.63 Hacked and Mangled Mod by NarFlux Exodus 2 4,617 2014-04-22, 13:42:22
Last Post: omefisto
  New Battle Tanks Homepage! Exodus 8 10,761 2014-02-23, 18:59:08
Last Post: BtankNoob
  Battle Tanks 8.79d Exodus 10 11,069 2014-01-08, 20:48:46
Last Post: Exodus
  Battle Tanks 8.78b Exodus 11 12,811 2013-05-05, 11:52:52
Last Post: Exodus