Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[8.77] E-Torp insane range
Hi, just played one of the first 8.77 matches and noticed a bug. At some point, I noticed Energy Torpedo projectiles flying all around the map, with no enemy in sight and found that the orange player, who had exactly one e-torp, was shooting from his own base to like the middle of the map constantly. I attach a replay of that game, you can spot this really good beginning at about minute 41. He died several times gut the torp stayed at an insane range (propably 13000 instead of 1300).

2nd thing I noticed, which might me a minor bug: One enemy bought an negator pack near the end of the game and he sometimes like disappeared from the map and then appeared back a split second later, presumably when he activates it.

PS: Why the hell are image files limited to 500kb? I had to resize that screenshot several timesSad

Attached Files
.w3g   e-torp-bug.w3g (Size: 1.58 MB / Downloads: 425)
ssl Wrote:Why the hell are image files limited to 500kb? I had to resize that screenshot several timesSad

Yes, that sucks. I'm out of 'helping' with bugs.
Lol, i missed this. Reminds me of the horrible btanks mod map, with the blue shit firing from million of range.
I did a little testing but I still don't know what causes this behaviour but I think it's not related to the weapon itself. I've had another interesting situation where my weapons didn't shoot at all. My opinion is that the targetarea of the weapons is somehow locked in place somewhere so that range doesn't matter. In my last test, this area seemd to have locked in some place where there were no enemies so my weapons did not fire.
If anyone is able to safely reproduce this behavior in singleplayer, I'd really like to see a replay or a description on how he did it.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
(2012-12-27, 17:02:58)Exodus Wrote: If anyone is able to safely reproduce this behavior in singleplayer, I'd really like to see a replay or a description on how he did it.
the replay is around 4 min. the bug start at around min 2:40. In the time between 2:40-4:00 min you can see the bug clearly

i managed to reproduce it on 1 vs 5 in single player. Normal mode the rest you can see. I believe it happens after a death when you have more than 1 torpedos.
Notice how after i die (thats the point where the bug starts imo) (i dont think the heli choice has anything to do with it since in qualify yesterday the same behavior happened after i killed an enemy but he didnt change tanks) first the torpedos doesnt shoot the demo even though he is in range, the torpedos start to shot after i drop and pick them again(notice how first i drop/pick only 2/3 torpedos so they are the only ones that shoot while the 3rd does nothing untill i drop/pick it) and later after that when i kill the 2 demo notice how additional torpedos appear when i fight the 3 air enemies.
the replay is short so i hope it helps you

PS i changed tanks many times just in chase it had anything to do with it alsoSmile

Attached Files
.w3g   for exodus.w3g (Size: 37.74 KB / Downloads: 349)
Tank shouldn't matter, only architect with splash cannon and/or weapon module might be interesting in this case.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
anyway here is a second replay with an insane range torpedo shot. This replay is really short i think around 1 min.
i used the command -gold 5000 and got 100k gold dont know how the command works so it might be 5000k so its fine in that case otherwise there might be an issue but nobody cares about it probably

I chose aiship to test the insane range torpdeo because that was the tank that i saw that created that bug and it happened.
Anyway on the replay. First i changed 2 tanks thats obviews(well to be honest when i started i wanted ot have multiple torpedos and airship so i chose heli 2 torpedos then i noticed the -gold command and it made the process faster). the bug starts right from start only 1 out of 5 torpedos shoots.. After the first kill there is an out of place insane range torpedo shot toward middle which hits team creep and does nothing

I hope it helps

Attached Files
.w3g   for exodus 2.w3g (Size: 9.93 KB / Downloads: 336)
Thanks, those did help me. I've now found and fixed two bugs. One happened when you changed your tank, the other one when you put your weapon into a tower.

Right now I'm looking for anything else that might cause problems. But anyway, you get +rep for the replays ;)
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insane idea! Vomitus 4 5,138 2007-09-14, 16:24:39
Last Post: psycho_dmr