Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add Weapon Upgrade requirements to the top 10 highest tier weapons
Just a suggestion that could add a new element to Battle Tanks, particularly to team-playing strategy.

Currently, good team players will usually do armour upgrades to help their team mates be able to purchase the 4 highest tier tanks, Goliath, Sky Fortress, Infernal Robot and Titan. On the other hand, almost nobody bothers with doing weapon upgrades. The only reason I can think of anybody even remotely wanting to do that is perhaps to improve the damage of Orbital Command, and/or mines if they happen to be using those items.

To encourage teams to consider doing weapon upgrades, how about adding Weapons Level requirements before you can purchase the top 10 highest tier weapons (all those weapons which cost above 10k)? All other weapons which cost less than 10k do not require any weapons upgrades.

Perhaps something along the lines of this? (The main focus here is on concept, exact figures can be tweaked for balancing purposes)

Weapons: Weapon Upgrade Level required
Blaster Cannon, Acid Cannon: Level 12
Darkness Cannon, Gamma Vortex: Level 14
Photon Bombs, Emerald Rod: Level 16
Psycho Laser, Supercell: Level 18
Frost Laser, Swarm of Chaos: Level 20

Possible impacts of gameplay if this suggestion is implemented:

1. One more decision for teams to ponder. Is it better to upgrade armour only to get high tier tanks, upgrade weapons only to get high tier weapons, or make a compromise between the 2?

2. Encourage more teamplay and less individualistic play. For instance, in the past, somebody might just farm and hoard gold in order to buy their one big expensive weapon and less with helping out the team in the process. Now they will also have to find a way to convince their team mates to do the necessary armour upgrades for them first, which will be a motivation for them to engage in more team-play to build up rapport.

3. Losing all your CPs carries a more severe advantage now. The team who have lost all their CPs will end up with less weapons upgrades (in addition to less armour upgrades) compared to the other team. The strategy of hiding in the base, farming from incoming masses of creeps (and possibily suicidal enemy players as well). then taking a window of opportunity to rush out and buy a big expensive weapon before heading back to base to defend won't be as effective as before. The game should end faster this way.

Comments and criticisms are welcomed. Bye for now!
I like the idea and also wanna suggest an armor requirement for the latest blueprints.
powerpack and ultipack already have one. mass converter and negator pack need one too imho.
(2013-04-23, 16:18:48)gozo1985 Wrote: I like the idea and also wanna suggest an armor requirement for the latest blueprints.
powerpack and ultipack already have one. mass converter and negator pack need one too imho.

As you can see there, that's already the case.

About the original suggestion, I also thought about how you could make weapon upgrades more desirable. But I'm not sure if this would be the right way ... I guess some more feedback for this topic would be nice.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
It doesnt matter if you make limitation on weapons there are always other items/weapons to buy while you wait for the upgrates. Besides most players dont know what team play is nor do they try to play for team.

@Vitriol:
about point 1: 100% of the cases big tank>any kind of weapon so there should not even be a discussion about this. Tank>weapon its as simple as that.

2: ego player will always be ego. there is nothing you can do to change his mind. The same way now ego players dont do upgrates and always ask for them the same thing will be happening with weapons also. I dont see how this changes things.

3: losing cps always put you to disadvantage. the only player that will be affected by this is the one thats most fed in the defending team. the rest will be doing what they are doing now since the gametime will make the upgrates they need by the time they get the gold for big weapons.
(2013-04-23, 17:45:23)Exodus Wrote: [quote='gozo1985' pid='38414' dateline='1366726728']
I like the idea and also wanna suggest an armor requirement for the latest blueprints.

As you can see there, that's already the case.

well doneSmile

i guess its about... why do tanks and blueprints (lategame) have a requirement but lategame weapons not. for me its some missing point in the game. so i totally agree

oops wrong quotes ^^ i hope you know what i mean exodus
I don't like the idea.

At the moment you have several choices when you get more money than others, e.g. because of playing well. Now, if you need weapon upgrades for weapons, that would limit your choices. Also at the moment you can go for getting your inventory fast to scale well early, and hope to make enough money to make up for the loss when selling stuff again, or try to keep your inventory empty, scaling not as good early, but reducing loss due to item trading. With needed weapon upgrades the second option would virtually die.

I don't really see the necessity to make weapon upgrades more desireable - it's not always good if EVERYTHING in the game works the same way. That just takes out options and makes it more boring. As always, this is just my personal oppinion of courseWink

Have I already asked about changing the kick system again?Big Grin
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
its more to prevent ppl from playing weak tanks with super weps. it happens sometimes helis picking acid cannon and we all flame if it happens -.-
Hi

Well I think this could have been a good idea but the negative points are higher than positives ones.
In my opinion this would increase the ego behavior of some players : all ego players at this moment are this way : I keep my gold, I need ups more than anyone else, do it for me I won't do them. Then they get tank and troll as much as they can, to finish with stats around 100-30.
If you put requirement for weapons it will be : make ups for my tank. Now i have a tank : make ups for me then I get weapons : big tank + big weapon = win. Then those guys would finish 130-20, happy and proud to win (or lose) thanks to their team but just play for themselves and think they are better than anyone else (and flame the others because they don't have tank Dodgy). While other players of the team are fucked up because they had to spend 4,5-6k on armor ups (which happen already 80% of games) and now 4,2-5,6k more on weapons. Then one ego shit will have his stats (wining or losing the game but it doesn't matter, he made his stats !) and all others have bad stats just because of that.

Max.
but its the same right now with requirements for tanks as you mentioned.
and if someone bought already a big tank in next 15 minutes atleast he does not have enough gold to buy a weapon with higher requirements.

and its more frustrating and damaging the team if you have a heli with 2x acid cannon instead a sky fort with a big weapon and you did ups for him.
I would appreciate weapon upgrade requirement for such weapon. Maybe that would stop such selfish assholes calling "if you not gonna make upgrade i gonna buy weapons"

That way they would be at least stuck in game progression (while staying selfish assholes).
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
(2013-04-25, 12:43:52)gozo1985 Wrote: but its the same right now with requirements for tanks as you mentioned.
and if someone bought already a big tank in next 15 minutes atleast he does not have enough gold to buy a weapon with higher requirements.

and its more frustrating and damaging the team if you have a heli with 2x acid cannon instead a sky fort with a big weapon and you did ups for him.
the thing is that if you ask the one who bought 2x acid on heli he is the good player and its his team that plays lbad. you cant change the mind of a bad player that what he does is bad. Same with tinker and scout+lr starts in mid or airships in mid. Like i said earlier ego player will be ego
(2013-04-25, 13:10:35)eSVau Wrote: I would appreciate weapon upgrade requirement for such weapon. Maybe that would stop such selfish assholes calling "if you not gonna make upgrade i gonna buy weapons"

That way they would be at least stuck in game progression (while staying selfish assholes).

Selfish assholes have strange asshole ways (typing "verfickte scheiße" before they quit, for example).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Balance the weapon formular RaptorXI 7 8,065 2015-02-24, 17:56:02
Last Post: RaptorXI
Lightbulb Making weapons more unique Flygplan 4 4,202 2014-03-29, 09:40:54
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  New 900-1000 weapon for 1100 gozo1985 11 9,124 2014-01-05, 16:05:43
Last Post: psycodiver
  Weapon suggestion BENNIE.FM 4 4,825 2013-09-04, 15:21:00
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Area behind Tier 1 Tankshop gozo1985 0 1,701 2013-07-11, 00:17:08
Last Post: gozo1985