Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airship speed nerf?
Hi,

Am I the only one whos thinking this tank is a bit OP?

Im happy theres a Storm Tank around which is a really good counter Tank but there are a few things which makes me creating this post.

All skills of the Airships are a perfect combination. Inbetween fights (waiting for skills cooldown, teasing, creeping, etc.) theres no Tank which can handle the Airship well enough (~1000g around its value). Its a creeping machine and for me playing Storm Tank quiet often really hard to counter sometimes - even if you have an advantage. As they start with 950-999 weapons its easy to come up with whats needed in the current game. you can play this tank with a bit shorter range or getting some electro cannons and 999 weapons later - or for good laners short range porters.

The problem is the Speed?
I guess this is why its played so often. As you can escape multiple threats very easy with its speed skill - is maybe the reason why its so hard to counter. And with all other Tanks close to its value you need additionally 1500g at least to get enough speed to nullify the strength of it inbetween fights.

Suggestion:
What about to make this Tank less Speedy Gonzales? I have no problem as a compensation to make this tank a bit more powerful on closer distance?

Main reason of my post actually is... soooo many ppl playing this tankSad its getting boring a bit too but this should not be the whole reason why i suggest a speed nerf for this tankWink
maybe the Airship is fast, but he is very weak. One HavyTank ult. and the Airship is dead. (without hull) The only problem is that the developer made the Rep. Robots too cheap. Faster tanks can escape easyly and heal up out of range.

The tank it self is not OP. Weak and low burst dmg.
Small tipp: Dont feed the enemyWink))
(2013-05-15, 18:44:15)Perfektionist Wrote: The tank it self is not OP. Weak and low burst dmg.

like i said its the speed and dynamic gameplay why you see minimum 2 Airship in EVERY game
cheap flying early-midgame tank.
Skytank= too expensive (8000)
Stormtank= not good as first pick. Only if the enemy got already flying midgame tanks.
????
there is only one flying early-mid game tank.
(2013-05-16, 21:25:33)Perfektionist Wrote: cheap flying early-midgame tank.
Skytank= too expensive (8000)
Stormtank= not good as first pick. Only if the enemy got already flying midgame tanks.
????
there is only one flying early-mid game tank.
you sure? how about heli/med/raider early airtanksTongue
yes i know. But these are starter Tanks. We are talking about the second tier-tanks.
(2013-05-17, 12:06:24)Perfektionist Wrote: yes i know. But these are starter Tanks. We are talking about the second tier-tanks.

they may be starters but they can do what a second tier tank can do. And they have more useful abilities than airship for a team play game. Airship is purely a solo/ego tank and if it wasnt for the free speed i doubt anyone would use itTongue
to be honest: Imo the Airship is a crap tank. The most starter tanks are way better. But the most people cant play with themBig Grin
airship is a bit op, maybe we should decrease the speed (so just +15-20 for every upgrade, not +30)
airship is easy to play, but it got no "team skills", in mid its only selfish and at lane its only lame (with repair and drones) Tongue
we shouldn't make it more expensive, just make it uncomely

airship got nothing........... no teamskills ,no stun,it got just nothing! Dodgy
but a lot of ppl still play this tank.... on lane its "ok" Huh
but pls not in middle....
i guess at mid everyone expect team play, but i saw so many airships which just
"shock" enemys for lashit (or better lastshit!),even shocker output is higher than actually enemys hp .....

i hope airship will be changed in future Tongue

I'll try to think of something.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
its necessary Big Grin
pls change some skills......
just some suggestionsAngel

- shocker should hurt enemy like 50% damage/mana and drones should only heal 50%, other 50% should heal mates if there are someone
( if the "drone-skill" is in use, every mate near the airship (~750 range) will got a bit hp back everytime this "tiny helis" hit enemys) Angel

- reduce the damage of the shocker and every enemy tank got hit will get 1/2 armor

- "shocker-kill" will split the bounty equal to all assisted mates (+1 kill to airship anyway)

- reduce the speed of airship if shocker/drones used (5sec/-100 speed)

- change shocker... like it hit ~5 times randomly (5 small shocks) near the airship all enemys (every level +150 range/+40 damage), start with 500 range

i am glad i dont have to choose what to change, cause a lot of ppl like the airship the way it is right now, its nice to play it with shocker, also nice to play it with drones, but anyway we need to change some skills (but not the price of this tank )Tongue

Yeah, i am always lazy to make some suggestions or comments to some treads, but if we (ppl who really want to change something/ care about whats going on with btanks/ ... ) say nothing, maybe nothing will ever change = so Exo has just to listen to 2-3 ppl (even noob opinions ) Undecided

so take your time and support this tread if u want, even with a smiley or a helpful comment/ suggestion

thx Rolleyes

(2013-05-21, 23:39:59)Tez.Sick Wrote: airship is a bit op, maybe we should decrease the speed (so just +15-20 for every upgrade, not +30)
airship is easy to play, but it got no "team skills", in mid its only selfish and at lane its only lame (with repair and drones) Tongue
we shouldn't make it more expensive, just make it uncomely

airship got nothing........... no teamskills ,no stun,it got just nothing! Dodgy
but a lot of ppl still play this tank.... on lane its "ok" Huh
but pls not in middle....
i guess at mid everyone expect team play, but i saw so many airships which just
"shock" enemys for lashit (or better lastshit!),even shocker output is higher than actually enemys hp .....

i hope airship will be changed in future Tongue

There is so much you claim to be a Problem which is not connected to the tank at all. Selfish play and killstealing with spells has nothing to do with the air ship, other tanks can do so as well (and we all know those heavy tanks farming with their ultimate >.<).
yeah, every tank can be used for selfish playing,
but airship is still #1

Maybe we should say: air ship cannot be used in favor for the team lacking any team skills
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Isn't it enough that it can damage the opponents, tank damage and be present on the map with its speed? Not every tank has to have a stun or heal to be useful for the Team.
Yeah I agree with Prog, just because airship has no stun doesn't mean it can't be team tank. It's all about how the tank the tank is used really. The main draw of airship is it's speed obviously, and yeah most players use this exclusively for farming. But I've found airship can be useful for kind of "always being in the fight" in team battles, Airship can position itself extremely well to always fire it's weapons or share damage with teammates especially if the airship stacks lots of hp, other tanks like heavy and thunder have a much harder time with this due to lack of mobility. [/align]
(2013-05-22, 15:33:36)Prog Wrote: Isn't it enough that it can damage the opponents, tank damage and be present on the map with its speed? Not every tank has to have a stun or heal to be useful for the Team.
and which tank doest damage the opponents? out of curiosity.
tank damage i dont understand what you mean.
you can be present on the map with other air tanks also but they dont get a free 3k gold bonus especially when you have other tanks in its prize category that have 1 useless skill
and its really useful when in 1 team you have lets say 3-4 airships right?
(2013-05-22, 21:29:51)EarthR Wrote: and which tank doest damage the opponents? out of curiosity.
None, but I do not see any way in which this would be relevant.
(2013-05-22, 21:29:51)EarthR Wrote: tank damage i dont understand what you mean.
Being targeted by opponent's weapons in teamfights to tank/share the damage.
(2013-05-22, 21:29:51)EarthR Wrote: you can be present on the map with other air tanks also but they dont get a free 3k gold bonus especially when you have other tanks in its prize category that have 1 useless skill
I do not understand what you are trying to say here. What exactly is the problem with the passive in comparison to other tank's passives? Just look at a passive like the one from the thunder tank. As soon as 2 targets are in range it is worth like 4k gold in damage (+~2k per target).
(2013-05-22, 21:29:51)EarthR Wrote: and its really useful when in 1 team you have lets say 3-4 airships right?
How is this supposed to be any argument? 3-4 guards are useful? or maybe 4 tinkers? exploders? shredders? sky tanks?
I read just the first few posts here but I need to write something.
Why the hell do you want to nerf air ship? Where is it unbalanced? I will give you 1 simple answer: The players are getting worse and worse every day. Do you really want to make the game easier to play for noobs? There were not even 1 problem like this 2 years ago because the players were way better. Nobody played with air ship cause it was dying too fast and it was useless in team fights. The problem is that now noobs are feeding some guys that pick air ship later and are owning the whole team. It is not the fault of air ship JEZUS CHRIST WAKE UP!!!
Regards...
(2013-05-23, 14:05:35)Alexandro Wrote: I read just the first few posts here but I need to write something.
Why the hell do you want to nerf air ship? Where is it unbalanced? I will give you 1 simple answer: The players are getting worse and worse every day. Do you really want to make the game easier to play for noobs? There were not even 1 problem like this 2 years ago because the players were way better. Nobody played with air ship cause it was dying too fast and it was useless in team fights. The problem is that now noobs are feeding some guys that pick air ship later and are owning the whole team. It is not the fault of air ship JEZUS CHRIST WAKE UP!!!
Regards...

senseless post. the skill of players have nothing to do with giving feedback on a tank. i talk about reducing the speed of the airship by some %. its about a rather cheap air tank with a mighty speed skill.
have you played games last months? there are sooo many airships around. even in ranked games. and dont tell us this tank sucks - even skilled players playing it becouse it has a smooth gameplay and you are very flexible becouse of its speed.

have you ever tried to beat an airship with an antitank like the storm tank ? ofcourse it can be easy if you hit the enemy well (with air mines + ulti + anti air tank cannon + pull) - but its getting harder and harder each level the airship gets faster and faster and more HP. the storm tank having nice skills to counter that which means its well balanced and a super tank imho but hard sometimes to get an advantage over the airship in a balanced 1on1 becouse with the storm tank you have to wait for the ulti to get as much speed as the airship to get in or out of range of it.

PS: you should start to read some more posts. i already said, its about the speed to nerf but i have no problem if some other skills getting a boost or the tank is reworked to be more effective on closer range as compensation. which maybe makes the tank a bit less egotank and bit more team friendly

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speed Max 0 1,647 2014-03-29, 00:02:39
Last Post: Max
  Medivac ulti nerf Flygplan 17 12,628 2013-12-22, 08:53:10
Last Post: Max
  Mortar Teams - need nerf? Togra_blah 7 5,095 2007-12-12, 21:32:19
Last Post: Exodus
  Nerf the Ghost Tank? Gnome007 30 12,589 2007-12-10, 01:40:39
Last Post: DOGG1