Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negator Pack
I like this item very much. But as Mass Convertor the relative damage absorption (20 %) is too high in games where everyone has his final equipment. Also the active ability would be more useful with something like 30s cooldown and 2s duration.
i dont like the 20% thing either. i think the problem with negator pack and mass converter in my point of view is - once blueprinted you lose other abilities of items already in the pack.
the duration and cooldown of negator pack is powerful enough if you time it well.
Well, I based this value of the average blocking values of both Deflective Armor and Burst Armor. I posted the excel sheet somewhere else already where you could see them, but here it is again: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryau6vwcxr89rk...0data.xlsx

The (colored) values are given in %. As you can see, Burst Armor has an average blocking value of 34.1% and Deflective Armor one of 22.45%. Obviously, those values are somewhat different in a real game (read: lower), since Burst Armor loses a lot of its effectiveness when facing a lot of fast firing weapons and Deflective almost does nothing against skills with high damage.

I'm not saying that I don't want to change it, I just wanted to show you where this 20% originated from.

@gozo: Since I don't see any lost item abilities in the Mass Converter, I assume you are talking about the Negator Pack. I don't think that there is a problem. A short duration of invulnerability is not the same as healing, that is true. But ultimately, you can negate way more damage with it. I also feel that there already is quite a varied amount of healing items, which you could get instead, if you feel like you need one.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
yeah you lose abilites like the deflective armor (upped) - blocking all damage in a short period and the heal from the strengh pack. ok its compensated by the invul and the 20% thing. its just about once blueprinted all the abilities are changing - thats what i dont like. but its okWink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power Pack RaptorXI 5 5,999 2015-01-15, 03:16:28
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Ultimate repair pack vs Negator Pack BENNIE.FM 2 3,220 2014-03-29, 12:35:21
Last Post: Prog
  Repair robots (ultimate pack) Batto 5 3,836 2008-02-19, 22:54:31
Last Post: RedNova