Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheesy starts and solutions
There are starting strategies i almost never see at the league mode. I would really be interested in serious balance suggestions about:

1.) Weapon range below 900 and especially below 800 (counter with 950+ range and maybe repair robots).
2.) Mines (counter with defuser and/or scout tower/detector/radar),
3.) Explosives (counter with breaker and/or defuser),
4.) Schredder (easy to counter with almost everything since he can't start with a weapon).

Concerning weapons I would like to see the weapon formular biasing more:
- cheap low-range weapons,
- expensive long range weapons.
Since it is a common build to start with 950 and above and swap to ice/poison range after.
mines, explosives, and early shredder all lack early farming power, so you just automatically end up falling behind. Early game close range results in being harassed and forced to back a lot, also leaves you open to attack.

I would however be interested in seeing a weapon that starts out midrange and upgrades into a close range weapon, would be interesting.
I wouldn't mind something on all low range weapons below 1500 having a small buff but i really can't see how it can change due to the fact its people harassing with higher range =More gold,faster levelling etc

In middle its really hard i find ,but i have seen some effective anti grav work even early game.

Im not against change but i would like valid suggestion to your recommendations raptor and weakening longer weapons screws weapon formula i personally believe that short range has heaps of benefits in other situations and times of the game (And i know you specifically want a change made to the start of the game to have valid short range strategies.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Exploder counter with Disruptor with tankers little helper for cheap breakers and extra gold from the exploder, if you are quick you can use the shield to avoid death from the exploder.

Mines again disruptor get cheap dectection but thinker and scout get free detection. Disruptors shield can be used to clear mines without damage.
Remote can also be used to clear mines and even to kill the enemies with their own mines, if your quick you can kill the miner as soon as it place the mine.

Short range don't work at start is manly because of two things creeps and speed to make short range work well at start it would need something like attack players only mode and wastly lowered creep damage on tank maybe it would only need the mode.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Compendium of 3K Starts ycoseth 36 25,951 2009-05-15, 17:36:04
Last Post: k-bones