Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factory rush, as I called it then Pro rush
Thumbs Down 
This is a strategy I think I have never seen used by no one but myself.
I also can add that I haven't used it for the last months or so.

I can also add that Im not saying this is a usefull strategy but its allways worth to know it.

Anyway lets go on to describe the strategy:
To win your team needs to destroy the opponents hq.
If you can get more money then the enemies you will most likley be able to destroy the hq.
Many ways exist to yearn more money like killing tanks and creeps, however if you realy wan't to get a hugh money advantage you should destroy the opponents force factories.
While it could look simple, just get mid or a lane and go straight for base its very risky.
Look just how far you need to travel to get from a cp to the base, as you can see you will be far away if something like enemies rush a cp it will maybe be 4 vs 5.
And its not easy to destroy facs and towers if they are defended.
However lets say your team take control of bottom lane.
Then all 5 in your team attack base from bottom lane.
This may sound strange because who is stopping the enemies from taking top and mid (we don't control both cps on top and mid).
Also what don't stop the enemies from killing your team with attrion.
Because somebody in your team bougth a factory for 2500 gold and placed it just outside opponents base.
Lets say this is 20 min into game, 2500 gold is much, but do you know how fast 5 players will destroy base facs and towers and even if all 5 is defending, big damage will most likely be done.
If just 2 facs is destroyed in the attack your team will get a great long term advantage, every 5 min you will pull a litte more ahead.

To describe what Im saying above to make it easier to understand:
Capture one of the lane or mid.
Purcase a factory.
Place it close to enemy base.
Get your team to come to your factory.
Destroy enemy towers and more important enemy factories.

Suggested followup:
Because now you will have greater income then the enemies, playing rater slow and careful letting your income advantage do the work may work well.
Playing aggresive may help even more because you may keep them from farming the lane that lacks factories which will make the income advantage even bigger.

It may be hard to understand this.
Also I have seen many players place factories at enemy base but only after all cps are captured or late in the game, this strategy is about getting factory erli to enemy base.

Here is a replay in which I basicly use this strategy, getting a factory at 15 min mark.

Attached Files
.w3g   Pro Rush.w3g (Size: 831.5 KB / Downloads: 320)
Nice this is an old as tacticSmile
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
This factory rush tactic was actually the reason, why I introduced the Teleport Beacon and nerfed the Factories (with the buildup time). I actually liked the kind of teamplay that is involved in this kind of way, so I made an item especially for that ;)
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BT 8.20 Factory Tactic (3300) TKF 5 4,977 2007-07-24, 16:44:33
Last Post: TKF