Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WC3 hardcoded 65fps limit?
Hey,

Anyone of you able to run wc3 at more than 65 fps? Seems to me that this could be a hardcoded limit, but if not, I'd surely like to know how to get a higher fps.

I'm on windows (have read ppl on mac can get 200fps and more without problems), running a 120hz 2560x1440 lcd (qnix qx2710 if anyone wants to order one for about 250 euro ...), with a new haswell i7, 8gb ram, ssd, and a radeon hd 6950.

Things I've already tried: Performance suggestions (-opengl, -d3d9, -swtnl, ..., reducing ingame gfx), reg stuff (set maxfps to 120 and refresh rate to 120, and it seems to be running at 120hz, as I can see the image darkening which happens on this monitor atop 110hz).

I'd be thankful for any info (even if it's only "yes, I have the same problem")

Thanks!
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
I much less problems running wc3 since i disabled 3d sound. I don't know how to measure fp/s.
(2013-08-31, 18:33:53)RaptorXI Wrote: I much less problems running wc3 since i disabled 3d sound. I don't know how to measure fp/s.

/fps

enables/disables displaying fps values in wc3

3d sound is working fine here (but I've tried disabling it and different settings, so it's not an issue)
Ok, I tested it. My maximum fp/s was 64-65.
Same thing I getSad

Thx for the info for now. (and thx for taking the time to test!)
I read a very articles mentioning that its capped no matter good the performance of your pc is.

http://dotautilities-forums.net/Thread-W...per-second
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Thanks.

I also read the same on some other sides, but it's still very strange to me as there is a "maxfps" setting in registry for wc3. Wonder what they did it for in that case ....

I guess it's 64fps for me now then, still better than my old 25füsWink
Played any decent games with good graphics latley what is your fps on them.
120, the max my new monitor can do at full res (2560x1440). Always with VSync on, as I hate screen tearing (which is the reason I can't get more fps than the monitor displays, but then again, it's useless to have more fps than your monitor can display, as you won't see them ... )

But I don't play first person shooters, and normally use MSAAx2 at most, with the pixelsize on my new screen I don't see any difference above (I hardly see any difference with MSAAx2 already).

Must admit that swapping core2quad with new haswell i7 really made a lot of difference, as my gpu is already a hd6950 (had 25fps in wc3 before, now I'm always hitting the limit with the system staying cool)
I don't know much about computers but my fps on laptop screen maxes out same as yours ,but on external screen its only 60 is that due to my resolution its a 3 year old screen my laptop display is 1080Hd screen.
(2013-09-02, 14:59:56)BENNIE.FM Wrote: I don't know much about computers but my fps on laptop screen maxes out same as yours ,but on external screen its only 60 is that due to my resolution its a 3 year old screen my laptop display is 1080Hd screen.

60 is because of your monitor most probably and vsync on. All non-3d, non-lightboost lcd (the flat ones) I know of normally max out at 60Hz in their highest (=native = best) resolution, so that's fine. I can only do more than 60 because I'm overclocking my monitor - normally you wouldn't be able to (unless you disable VSync, but that leads to screen tearing ( you get part of the new image and part of the old image, which makes it look chopped up - don't know how some people can live with that ... ) )

Hope I could shed some light, and thanks for the feedback!