Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[8.70] Disconnects / Package loss
So, wasnt sure where exactly to post this but I've been having some serious issues with disconnects and extreme ping today. Checked with my ISP and there shouldnt be any problems on my end so just wondering if anyone else has been suffering from this?

Are you updating the server or have you changed something that I'm not aware of?
I usually ping in the region of 32-40 and today I've been hoovering around 500-12000.

Been happening pretty much every game today which seem weird since I never even lag playing on the league bots.

Nothing special in the games I've played, just normal games. Think I can dig up some replays if needed.
SC2: Equiem (Charcode 990), whisper me if you wish to practise some 1vs1 or grab some achievements

Repeat while playing: "There is no such thing as luck in Btanks" - Now watch yourself improve tenfold
I've updated the kernel and also the network driver today (old: r8168-8.016.00, new: r8168-8.018.00) and i can't confirm your observations.

Pings to http://www.google.com, http://www.heise.de and http://www.mediatemple.net are all the same as before the update (monitoring with a graph). Maybe a temporary network problem between you and the server.
Velocity2k Wrote:I've updated the kernel and also the network driver today (old: r8168-8.016.00, new: r8168-8.018.00) and i can't confirm your observations.

Pings to http://www.google.com, http://www.heise.de and http://www.mediatemple.net are all the same as before the update (monitoring with a graph). Maybe a temporary network problem between you and the server.

Its not that my average ping is that much higher, I just seem to loose connection quite often -> disconnection / 10 sec delay.

Something is wrong in any case and judging from how many players I've seen dropped so far I would suggest reverting to the old drivers.

Anything I can do on my end to solve this issue?
SC2: Equiem (Charcode 990), whisper me if you wish to practise some 1vs1 or grab some achievements

Repeat while playing: "There is no such thing as luck in Btanks" - Now watch yourself improve tenfold
Reverting to the old driver would mean stopping all games.

I'm watching pings and drops and can't see anything unusual. I'll wait at least for one more day before changing something.

If i knew your current nick i could do more checks...

EDIT: found your nickWink
Code:
--- xxx.yyy.118.121 ping statistics ---
300 packets transmitted, 300 received, 0% packet loss, time 300297ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 63.465/64.244/67.352/0.390 ms
Just pinged you for 5mins (one ping every second). Can't see any problems here.
NOTE: This is the actual ping not the "ping" the bot displays. The bot is actually showing the latency.
Velocity2k Wrote:Reverting to the old driver would mean stopping all games.

I'm watching pings and drops and can't see anything unusual. I'll wait at least for one more day before changing something.

If i knew your current nick i could do more checks...

EDIT: found your nickWink
Code:
300 packets transmitted, 300 received, 0% packet loss, time 300297ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 63.465/64.244/67.352/0.390 ms
Just pinged you for 5mins (one ping every second). Can't see any problems here.
NOTE: This is the actual ping not the "ping" the bot displays. The bot is actually showing the latency.

I'm at 500ms right now and I can tell you that it really really feels like it aswell. The problem is very much there.

Its on about a 20min rotation as far as I can tell. Happened a few minutes ago now.

ok, now i saw your problem in action but i don't konw what's causing it. Only the ping in game is such high.
Code:
1350 packets transmitted, 1314 received, 2% packet loss, time 1354735ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 63.502/64.662/69.540/1.063 ms
Your "ping" in game was over 600ms while your "real" ping was around 67ms. Strange thing...

EDIT: Oh, just say 2% packet loss, that's why the game lags.

EDIT2: But i guess it's a network problem because only you and two other players had problems during this intervall. If it was a server/driver problem i guess much more players should have probs.
Velocity2k Wrote:ok, now i saw your problem in action but i don't konw what's causing it. Only the ping in game is such high.
Code:
1350 packets transmitted, 1314 received, 2% packet loss, time 1354735ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 63.502/64.662/69.540/1.063 ms
Your "ping" in game was over 600ms while your "real" ping was around 67ms. Strange thing...

EDIT: Oh, just say 2% packet loss, that's why the game lags.

EDIT2: But i guess it's a network problem because only you and two other players had problems during this intervall. If it was a server/driver problem i guess much more players should have probs.

I've got no problems what so ever with my ISP apart from in this game. Its actually better then ever.

Both me and Mu11ermich in the same game had this problem and I know that he never lags aswell. This is something that is new for today.

So, just got disconnected after winning the game. 2 disconnects today and I don't belive I've had a single one during the last 200 games so I'm sure something is wrong on your end. Dont know what else to say really but its very frustrating to try to play like this.

There is something between two ends of a connection and i think that's the problem... Not your end and not the server. If it was the server much more people should have problems.
Velocity2k Wrote:There is something between two ends of a connection and i think that's the problem... Not your end and not the server. If it was the server much more people should have problems.

Weird, I could had sworn more people then usually have dropped from my games today.

Ok then, really dont have any idea how to solve this apart from moving the server to my apartment and connecting it to my router. Got some spare room here if its needed to fix thisSmile

Havent really changed anything else and as I wrote above my ISP is working just fine. Wonder what else could have changed..

Edit: Should have written that I was playing on Deranged before, sorry about that one.

If the problem persists for a longer period of time i'll try the old driver again. But i guess there is a overload/congestion somewhere in the internet.

Maybe the peaks here have the same reason:[attachment=0]
The first peak occurs over 4h after the update (time is UTC+2).
The pings to http://www.heise.de and http://www.mediatemple.net don't show such "peaks".

EDIT: looks like there has also been such a peak to http://www.google.com when you had the problems in game. I'll continue watching the graphWink.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I got huge lags as well today and even disconnected right now (and you know that i usually don't disconnect)
Saw you lagging prog. But i'm pinging my server and didn't have a packet loss when you lagged. I think only some routes/players are affected.

p.s.: IRC would be faster than posting hereWink.
Velocity2k Wrote:[...]p.s.: IRC would be faster than posting hereWink.

But we all want to take part of the discussionSmile

Equiem Wrote:But we all want to take part of the discussionSmile

There is a public #btanks channel @quakenet and you are welcome ^^.
I wonder if your problems are gone:[attachment=0]

Velocity2k Wrote:I wonder if your problems are gone

Seems like its gone, guess it was just something that came and passed.
Thanks for the help in any case

I'm glad the problems are goneSmile.
Today me has thrown out from game though the Internet and battle.net worked normally :evil:
In the past 12 or so days i have dc from around 10 of 14 league games, but i have only dc 2 times in the 60+ before.

I also played 4 league games today all dc me.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
I don't understand in what the reason unexpected disconnects 2 last games yesterday and today?
The Internet and battle.net at this time work normally, but occurs disconnection from game.