Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your opinion on 8.79
Hey guys,

since you got some time with the new version, I'd like to know what you specifically think about the changes made in that version and about the map in general.

Any recent changes you liked or disliked?
Any other mechanics or balancing that you feel is not quite right?
Is anything missing, you'd like to have?
Do you feel the map is developing in the right or more towards a wrong direction?

Come on guys, I need way more feedback on stuff like this, if you want me to improve the map ;) (I get most of my feedback from this forum, which is - as you can see - not that much)
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
mass converter kinda sucks..... but maybe its only me who is way too lazy to activate it every time Tongue

+ pls give ~20 sec cooldown for inf stun, in case someone just fake (abort the stun)...... there are some guys out there who take really advantage of that shit

Distributor:
The third skill seems totally useless.
Darkness Tank:
Its playing style is a bit like a "small" Hunter. I really like this Tank
Black Sun Project:
This items could need some minor balancing updates in the future.
Airship:
Imho it still is an ego Tank. this tank could need some skill changes.
Demon Tank Hell Fire:
The Tank seems finally viable. Only critic with this update is the pulling range. it does not fit to the animation radius of the fire - which is a bit confusing.
Mass Converter:
Was too strong before and now too weak. Reducing the cooldown or improving the effect is toally fine i guess
Rearrangement of Tanks - Second Page:
is it possible to add the "autocast effect" to the second shop page icon?

many changes done really improve the userbility and gameplay. also some changes done which are not used often right now. but every new item or change maybe opens new strategies laterSmile gj so far.
(2013-09-13, 18:19:26)gozo1985 Wrote: Distributor:

Oo

That is the best skill in his whole kit in my view.
(2013-09-13, 20:08:34)Prog Wrote:

Oo

i mean this support point gold thingyWink the passive one
Agree with distributor 3rd skill more or less useless.

Regarding mass converter:
I'd like it to be passive again, and instead tone down the damage reduction or something. Or maybe make it auto-activate after getting x dmg in x seconds and then last for x seconds. There's too many active things in the game right now for me, which makes it less newbie friendly, and makes good players more overpowered. It's good that good players have an advantage, but if good comes down to asian-level micromanagement, then that's too much for my liking. Same for the activatable skill on towers - very nice idea, but it adds too much in micro management with too little use.

Also a suggestion:
Make skyfort a bit weaker and add a new air tank at the exact same cost and reqs as titan - at the moment strongest tank is ground only, and there is no option for an air tank anymore. If you like the idea, we can surely come up with some interesting skills for it.

+ add -draw command: if everyone (or maybe enough of both teams) use it, game will be a draw. Useful in case someone drops at start of game.
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
(2013-09-13, 21:31:32)gozo1985 Wrote:

Oo

I refered to that one too. It is so much additional gold for the team.
(2013-09-13, 22:12:18)Prog Wrote:

Oo

have you got a replay maybe? wanna see if/how that worksWink
(2013-09-14, 00:44:27)gozo1985 Wrote:
(2013-09-13, 22:12:18)Prog Wrote:

Oo

have you got a replay maybe? wanna see if/how that worksWink

I don't have one right now, but i'll try to get one.
Maybe this helps in understanding the ability: http://btanks.net/wordpress/knowledge-ba...tle_helper

Basically, in the beginning you mainly get extra gold from the skill by getting assists. Later on you additionally get more from it, when capturing CPs starts or when you buy upgrades, etc.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
The idea behind the skill i ok but i guess its the wrong tank for it. the only extra gold you get is from assists. when it starts to get interesting with teleport breakers, watchers, upgrades its to late to play with this starter tank imho. maybe this skill is more interesting for Tier 2 or Tier 3.
i still enjoy min 0-10 the most :]

about the map - people tend to take the old tanks instead of the new ones :/
ok i tried the distributer now with the passive ability and played it for like 1 hour with dual hull. this tank starts to rock so hard if you conecentrate on assistsSmile i guess this tank is fine now.
(2013-09-16, 11:49:18)gozo1985 Wrote: ok i tried the distributer now with the passive ability and played it for like 1 hour with dual hull. this tank starts to rock so hard if you conecentrate on assistsSmile i guess this tank is fine now.

Told you soTongue

I really like to use the ult + Orbital on it, the synergy is great.
i tried:

buy basic magic, energy torpedo, steel hull, swarm rockets, fear magic, speed.
sell basic magic for extended repair.
sell energy torpedo for gold hull.
blueprint gold hull + extended repair.
buy axe lanucher.
blueprint power pack.
blueprint negator pack.

ok was a qualify game but ended up like 15:12 with 40+ assists after 1hour
Some things i would like to say:
Since there is only mode on one or two bots being played on battle.net with less players and games every year, what about promoting some FUN again. When i started to play 6 or 7 years ago there were so many different modes hosted (3k, 5k, 10k, 30k). I would never start to "learn" this game again from what i see on qualiy games. Of course there are beta phases but... 100-200 a version? Not really much to catch new players and make the game attractive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the league mode and ranked games as standard for balance issues:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start: as mentioned in the topic some builds and strategies are just not serious for competive playing. Early game is so much about creeping and staying alive that, i will repeat it again and again, the easiest way is to start with 950+ range before considering about a dp/s increase. I would like to see early game shortrange (until ice cannon) stronger, also making a kill and longer time for assists, which could at least promote "sucker" starts like mines, explosives.

The base: More hp and armor for all buildings within, it's hard (and almost impossible versus strong, experienced) to set up a solid defense. End game tanks with full equipment can crash it within a minute. Since this is what the game is actually about

Trader and Exploder: Enabling could be a nice solution for leaver games. And there are so many leavers, even in ranked games.

I know you discuss internally alot, but why does this always have to be so secret?
And here is a fresh replay that contains everything I mentioned except explosives. Also an early a late game leaver who gave up long time ago (since nothing has changed about leaver penalty although there was quite some feedback it might be interesting to watch for the league admins too).
http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=39359

Attached Files
.w3g   Replay_2013_09_22_0003.w3g (Size: 3.47 MB / Downloads: 212)
I still think the speed reduction is 5% to much on airship its cut 28% of speed or something thats to much in my view.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
you forgot that he has a slow ability now by some % on multiple targets
try afkai for 20 min ,and when you come back , you cant move your tank , i think it is a bug

i think this map are great , need more tanks with more interesting skill , like evade , or critical as passive

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current state of BT - your opinion Exodus 23 18,918 2012-08-31, 15:34:14
Last Post: Alexandro
  Tinker discussion - Your opinion? Kamulec 63 49,117 2011-05-24, 00:11:50
Last Post: Althend