Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being called a long range noob
In many games in which I make heavy use of weapons that have a range of 1300 I get called a noob or long range noob why?
Then I use weapons of lower range I don't get called a noob, strange.
Its not like then I use long range I lose the game, instead many of the games I have played with long range my team won easy and I could keep rediculus kill to death count atleast before we attack the base.
But even then I get called a long range noob, even team names have been changed to long range noob.
Is it so that you can't be better then a noob if you use long range weapons or is it just because they wan't no long range to exist.
The fact is some people rage because they aren't able to kill long ranger players and get fucked up because of them.
Another thing : in late game most of the time a long range player make his team loose. I mean in a balanced game long range sucks after some time.
(2013-10-30, 12:31:52)Max Wrote: The fact is some people rage because they aren't able to kill long ranger players and get fucked up because of them.
Another thing : in late game most of the time a long range player make his team loose. I mean in a balanced game long range sucks after some time.

... and in any game with a bit of skill long range sucks as well. Never saw anyone playing longrange in clan games back then, or bt tournament, and there are a lot of reasons for that - the most important one is, that long range is extremely easy to counter and has very low damage compared to it's cost. Get a porter, and you can normally farm longrange players. Of course, with league qualify and even most ranked games you can even farm with longrange just because the average skill level is so low (I'm sometimes doing stuff like winning a game with tinker or scout, because most games are so boring and easy and people give up after a few minutes if you play seriously)
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
Hello flygplan there is nothing wrong with playing range tactics its not a noob tactic nor is something you should be flammed for.However if your own team is flaming you its can be for multiple reasons when playing long range "not tanking no dps share" Taking all the gold by using your range "Using your gold poorly not getting a better tank or using your gold to help your team.In general i play lane so i always use electro cannon scout or plasma on heli but in middle i use scout usually i try get a tank or create kills by being aggressive and not purposely not taking every creep.In when you use range you should think of the impact of what will one more bombard do in terms of for your team will it create kills will it push the enemy do have a range of tanks that can tank for you or destroy towers pushing usally in middle i play simple 2 bombard scout hull but if i think a third bombard is going to create enough damage that i kill them more and let me team push i will buy one.Heaps of things in general to take into account when buying weapons and tanks the main thing to consider is how does it give your team an advantage or create problems for the enemy team.Simple example is playing 2 basic magic light tank vs heli (I know there people who are quite good at range you can't even hit them they stay perfect distance and if you have inferior speed you will never catch them.In this situation it doesn't benefit you to get another basic magic if you cant hit them "Unless you plan to kill creeps faster so he still has targets left at the end of each creep push.From what you said you don't seem like a noob and even if you are there is no issue with being a noob anyway or a low skilled player everyone is low skilled and terrible at this game at one point and time.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Well I can post a replay then I get home, however it is not one of the games I get called a noob because I use long range.

I play random in nearly all the games I play so sometimes I get heli, light or scout which allows you to start with a lr weapon which I sometimes do.
I nearly allways play in mid with lr weapon.
I use money to buy more lr, often a torpedo second because it do alot of damage per hit so it can sometimes finish off enemies with half health or so.
My third purcase is also a weapon a second rocket or torpedo.
So now I have 3 lr weapon, 2 upped on a tank with less then 1k hp.
However they won't hit me most of the times and these 3 lr weapon do close to 500 dps which makes it very dangerous to fight against.
Then I go hull or tank then more longrange.
If I get overfeed with this it can become rediculus, in one game I could defeat earth in close combat with lr airship and kill people realy fast.

The thing about lr is you need to spend most of your money on weapons so hp will be a problem however outreaching all players is hugh.

Its also the enemies who tend to call me noob.
(2013-11-01, 13:01:52)Flygplan Wrote: Well I can post a replay then I get home, however it is not one of the games I get called a noob because I use long range.

I play random in nearly all the games I play so sometimes I get heli, light or scout which allows you to start with a lr weapon which I sometimes do.
I nearly allways play in mid with lr weapon.
I use money to buy more lr, often a torpedo second because it do alot of damage per hit so it can sometimes finish off enemies with half health or so.
My third purcase is also a weapon a second rocket or torpedo.
So now I have 3 lr weapon, 2 upped on a tank with less then 1k hp.
However they won't hit me most of the times and these 3 lr weapon do close to 500 dps which makes it very dangerous to fight against.
Then I go hull or tank then more longrange.
If I get overfeed with this it can become rediculus, in one game I could defeat earth in close combat with lr airship and kill people realy fast.

The thing about lr is you need to spend most of your money on weapons so hp will be a problem however outreaching all players is hugh.

Its also the enemies who tend to call me noob.
some big mistakes in your plan which you and most lr users in mid dont realize:
you take all creeps from your teamates if they arent lr also.
most of the time you will get last hit kill because you go for full dps while your teamates dont
you dont share damage when a teamate is in danger therefore you never even try to save him
i dont know if you even try to push the enemy in mid or you just play creep war since you dont mention it i will assume its the second one
Overall you get rich while the other 2 teamates fall behind. Its a team fight so if you make a teamate fall behind and cant carry the team to victory its all your fault.
If your enemy is half decent you will lose mid the moment you buy that 3rd lr weapon because by that time 15 min have passed in game. The overall skill level of the current btank community is really low compared to earlier times. Competitive games are long gone imo.
If you think kill/death ratio is everything in this game you fail hard. Getting a high kill/death ratio is the easiest thing to do in this game. any pro/skilled player can do that at every game if he doesnt care if his team loses.
there is a huge difference between an ego play and a team play. In your next game you play that lr tactic check your and your teamates lvl difference and you will realize if you screw them or notTongue
Just speaking from my experienceTongue.
Well I have a replay on then I use this 3 lr weapon strategy which I watched.
I started with scout with rocket.
The other two mid players stared with heli plasma and tinker energy torpedo.
We pushed to the cover nere enemy cp, I stayed at the cover while the heli was a bit closer to the towers to farm and tinker built towers close to the cover.
Enemies had heli, demo and ligth non had lr as far as I saw.
For I while I had basicly as many kills as my mid teammate had deaths non of them had kills.
However I think the heli did outfarm me on creeps and was just a level below me as most.
The tinker however was far below us in level.
You could say that this was ego however you useally don't go for player kills with tinker in your mid and the heli could play safer while still farming well.
I got an extra rocket, heli got and electro cannon and tinker hull.
Later I got energy torpedo, then heli after that saving straigth to airship.
Then I got airship I had 8-0 I think however the two other in mid had no kills.
Helped take bot, first death.
Then we took top.
After that we attacked mid, second death.
We took mid and enemies left or gave up.
Ended game with 14-2 however the heli, now airship was at same level as me because of somewhat better creeping and building kills.
Best kill I had was then I attacked top player close to our cp, he did not hit me with a shoot and got killed by me.
Both deaths occured then I was close to enemy cp with airship and tanked some damage.
Its hard to tell if I or my teammates in mid would have done better if I used shorter range, remember that only tinker had hull at a decent time and all 3 enemies had middle range weapon which would probably give them an advantage because with middle range weapon we would had to trade blows and it would probably be harder to get kills.
Staying at the cover instead of pushing if just because its much safer and you don't want to die much, with heli you can much easier flee to the cover then with scout.

Attached Files
.w3g   Long range scout start.w3g (Size: 1.13 MB / Downloads: 203)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could this be called the average qualify game today Flygplan 0 1,889 2013-11-07, 19:23:41
Last Post: Flygplan
  Range Hack, Highlighting -- is this bannable? scron2 2 2,238 2010-01-15, 10:18:51
Last Post: horselance
  false profisional or noob modes aSearch.INFO 25 15,768 2009-02-20, 07:14:21
Last Post: ChronicStoned