Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My proposed changes to BTanks items
Many items that exist in Battle tanks are very seldom used.
Here I try to list these items, the reasons why they are not used much and suggestions to change them to make them more common/usefull.

Bonfire:
Its problem are mainly its short range because at the time it make sens to buy this weapon (start of the game) the creeps are as strongest compared to the tanks, making it very dangerous to use.
At the time you get these weapon teleport and speed are not what you will purcase soon making it very hard to reach the enemy and if you do they can just hide behind creeps and use weapons of longer ranges to kill you.
It also very easy to flee from a bonfire user and also very easy to pursue him.
All in all this is a terrible weapon to get because short range is very weak at the start and then tanks start to get to strong for creeps, why not just save for a far better more costlier short range weapon like ice cannon?

Suggested improvement:
I wan't bonfire to be a real compitator for your early gold but still keeping its short range I suggest following:
Bonfire cost the same and has the same stats as of now.
Uppgrade cost the same and have the same stats as of now.
[/color]Uppgraded Bonfire get ability to change to attack player only with the dps associated with this mode range being the same as it as now.
This smal change to the weapon make it look far more scary to fight against.
Now you cannot depend on creeps to tank for you it also make Bonfire unique in the way that it the only weapon that have the attack players only then creeps are strong.
Because of its short range it will not be a cheap op tinker farming weapon and it probably won't be used that much but it be something that is realy to fear then used correctly.

Rock catapult:
I think this weapon is probably used even less often then the bonfire even thougth it don't suffer as much as the bonfire.
It got the same range as the very very common electro cannon, only cost 300 more but lacks an uppgrade "Problem" and because it start with its anti building mode activated, some players may think it can only attack building, not seing its normal mode "Problem".
Suggested changes:
To solve the cost problem increase its cost to 4k making it stronger then even a uppgraded electro cannon while still keeping its anti building mode.
With this change this weapon is still more costly then unuppgraded electro but now it even cost more then uppgraded electro which means its is a stronger weapon and that will hopefully make it more common.
Also it should start at its normal mode so that nobody thinks its just an anti building weapon.

Soul Stone:
A very uncommon weapon, it got its big share of problems.
It got 2 modes: anti creep and anti hero and this is likley the big problem of this weapon.
At anti creep mode it can only attack creeps but it do very well vs them.
On anti hero mode it can only attack tanks with basicly normal damage.
The problem is how to know which mode to use, and do I even gain anything by using this weapon.
It range is 800 which is one of the worst range because short range weapon beats it easy on damage and weapon in 1k range just outrange it.
If you farm with this weapon and then somebody ports to you, then your probably dead because they will probably stun you first and then you have to change this weapons mode, it maybe take 4 sec before you can fire back with pretty low dps.
At the time you can get this weapon, creeps are so weak no anti creep mode is needed and it will barely help with farming.
And because creeps is so weak no anti player mode is needed either.
It feel like this weapon offers limitations with no advantage, it can never attack buildings.

Suggested change:
Range should be lowered to 600 or even lower to make it do more damage for its cost and be able to fight close range weapons effectivly.
It 2 modes should both be able to attack players to make it less vurnurable to teleports while still letting it farm, no mode to attack buildings is fine.
Upp anti hero damage because creeps can be killed so easy it should do a bit more damage then normal weapons.
With these changes it will hopefully be more usefull because right now I can't think of any situation I would say this is the best weapon to spend the gold on.

Frost magic:
This weapon has 2 modes and lacks an uppgrade.
It got a normal mode and a anti creep mode making this weapon more flexible then the soul stone.
Also its range is 999 which is supperior to 800 so in all this weapon is closer to usefullness then the soul stone.
However it is not usefull because:
Frost magic cost 6060 no uppgrade
Fear magic cost 5050 uppgrade cost 1500 dps is increased
Both weapon got the same range.
Why choce Frost magic, Fear magic is cheper so you get it erlier and then is uppgraded is stronger.
The only thing Frost magic offers is it anti creep mode but creeps is so weak at the time you get this weapon its basicly usless.
Also if you save to 606 gold more you can buy lightning magic which is far supperior.
This weapon is also badly outclassed by 2 other weapons.
Suggested change:
No anti creep mode.
Instead make it able to change it range by will.
Like normal mode 999 range, short range mode 600 range, dps change to fit the range.
Having a weapon be able to change range would make it realy usefull but it will not be op because it will be outclassed by both Fear and Poison magic then they are upped and both weapons are cheper to purcase to.

Death magic:
Its the only long range weapon that do full damage to buildings but also the only long range weapon that can't attack players and for a cost of 7777 not being able to attack players makes this weapon risky to use.
While you could say you only need to kill buildings to win and at that this weapon is good at, I wouldn't say great because weapon like rock catapult is supperior and also is a threat to tanks.
Because you can't kill players with this weapon if you don't got this game allredy in bag I would never suggest using this weapon or I would maybe if this game basicly is lost anyway and only chance to win is to rush enemies hq.
Being not able to kill players kills this weapon.
Suggested change:
Give it 2 modes one is like what death magic is now and another that allows it to attack players, it range then its in the mode that allows it to attack players could be like 850 which is probably the worst range, but allow this weapon to somehow attack players.

The teaming items of 8.79:
The shield and repair kit should both give it speed to allies, increase cost if needed but they should because they are team items and the speed bosting item do increase speed of allies, maybe also increase speed bosting item to like 20% to make it more important and usefull, increase cost if needed.

Smoke:
I don't se many players using smoke, its so easy to counter because so many tanks got one ability which can hurt enemies that can't be sedd, detecors and radar is so cheap to atleast compared to teleport and also smoke cost the same as teleport which is rediculus.
If your toast then a gob tank teleports upp to you even if you got okt abilities then why shouldn't you be if somebody use smoke even if you got your abilities.
Smoke also need to be able to be combained with other items like smoke and speed or smoke and teleport.
Smoke should only be countered by radar and decetors, not by taking damage.

There is more items that should be looked into like many late game weapons.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BTanks for non-germans plz psycodiver 2 3,660 2014-01-03, 12:35:17
Last Post: Althend
Information 2 new consumable speed items Flygplan 0 2,156 2013-12-13, 14:15:15
Last Post: Flygplan
  Team items BENNIE.FM 3 4,347 2012-10-19, 15:14:03
Last Post: Wupti
  Next version of Btanks: Make more insane bots! 8434102 2 3,987 2012-09-30, 03:25:52
Last Post: 8434102
  New items/weapons Teo_live 26 20,654 2012-08-27, 22:09:20
Last Post: Wupti