Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
alarm fail
btanks Alarm failed and i got Penaltys.. i showed 4 times Alarm and always 6 Players in game and later they kicked me after 12 min.
this is stupidUndecided
(2014-01-17, 23:30:37)galadion1 Wrote: btanks Alarm failed and i got Penaltys.. i showed 4 times Alarm and always 6 Players in game and later they kicked me after 12 min.
this is stupidUndecided

I was in this game and alarm was working on my side, it showed 9 players the last I checked it.
I like to play.
I have a reason for the lie?
im no leaver Exclamation
I didn't suggest you lied.
The information I provided might be helpful to figure out what happened.
I like to play.
(2014-01-17, 23:30:37)galadion1 Wrote: btanks Alarm failed and i got Penaltys.. i showed 4 times Alarm and always 6 Players in game and later they kicked me after 12 min.
this is stupidUndecided

its really rare but sometimes the alarm page loses connection. Maybe because of something that happened to your pc and you just didnt notice it
@Galadion : Happens to me once or twice a month to miss a game. The alarm system works, but the human factor fails sometimes. Be happy they waited 12 mins to kick you ! ;-)
:D "you see whole replay and then come back to say please!"Big Grin
===== FAM_Nexes... To be continued... GodStrongArms, Nexes, Canneton =====
ouch ^^
Well, both alarms, the one at btanks.net and the one within bt tools, do guess if a game is starting by checking if the game is no longer in the open lobby list (the reason for false alarms sometimes).

But not triggering an alarm at all can only happen if the alarm itself stopped running at your PC.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
No esVau. Stopping the alarm on pc is not the only reason of alarm not being triggered by starting game. I had this issue too, just didnt waste my time by posting it.

Alarm sometimes does not trigger or it does trigger even tho the game didnt start yet.
(2014-01-27, 10:11:47)dirtyterror Wrote: No esVau. Stopping the alarm on pc is not the only reason of alarm not being triggered by starting game. I had this issue too, just didnt waste my time by posting it.

Alarm sometimes does not trigger or it does trigger even tho the game didnt start yet.

By stopping i meant the internal timer of the alarm has stopped to check the open lobby list.
False alarms are a known issue due the way it tries to guess fot game starts.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Are you all perhaps using firefox?Wink Because there seem to be outstanding bug reports on mozilla bugzilla regarding meta refresh not always working.

@esvau you could just add some other methods to refresh the page, e.g. javascript (window.reload() or setting location anew with '?' + Date() etc), maybe it helps
Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
(2014-01-27, 20:14:34)griffin1987 Wrote: Are you all perhaps using firefox?Wink Because there seem to be outstanding bug reports on mozilla bugzilla regarding meta refresh not always working.

@esvau you could just add some other methods to refresh the page, e.g. javascript (window.reload() or setting location anew with '?' + Date() etc), maybe it helps

OMG, i've looked up firefox and meta refresh - didn't knew firefox is so bitchy about this very old html mechanic.
I've added javascript to reload the alarm window.
one queston about game alarm.
How about adding the extra command or manual /whisper by other players informing missing players in the window of alarm?
It is common known it will never be perfect since if it comes to keep ranked games alive it should be rethinked
Would it be difficult to manage?
[Image: 2qltmpx.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game Alarm eSVau 11 8,848 2011-04-26, 18:31:29
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL