Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Promote team play
Hi,

To promote team play I'd like to suggest something. Now when you make something for the team you get 0,5 support point. Cool. I'm happy I got a support point. Most of players don't freaking care about that ! And that's a fact.

Well I don't say this idea isn't good, just that it could be completed. I'll take the example of this game : http://94.23.167.160/game.php?gameid=40418 (I join the replay) : in my team I'm the only one (you can see in the replay) to spend gold on team.

I'll explain that here (replay is long) : towers to def (dark force push us always on our cp) and tb. I am the most fed of the team, so I should normally save gold to get a tank buy as nobody spend gold on defensive structures I must do that. Well it's normal after all, in most of my games I do that. That's not the problem. Here comes trouble when dark force gets tanks, and of course, we must get some at this time too. Thanks god green did the 2 needed ups and we have 2 tanks vs 3. We are loosing mid cp and after 1h05 I need 2 more ups to get an inf. Guess what : of course no one moves his ass ! Happy when mates help but won't help at all ! I must sell ALL my stuff (keeping only my speed pack) to make 2 last ups and get my tank. Again I was the most fed of the team : now I'm fucked up.
Besides that a behavior I hate most of all (you can see it in the end of the game (I'd say around 1h20) : guys who wait and see you dying. And then come to last kill enemies. When we are 3 dead, 1 creeping vs 4 guys with 10% hp and another guy comes from nowhere (no he didn't just re spawn !) and kill all ground tanks (ofc waiting back isn't enough : he has 2 6k bombs to make it perfect !).

My suggestion : as in the end of all games there is a % of game performance, I'd like to propose (if it's possible to make it ofc) to give a % of extra gold every 5 minutes (something like 2-4-6-8%) for those who have the most "support only" in a team - after 40 minutes of game : it's obvious before that laners would be disadvantaged. Or not? It would make mid as rich as sides?

Hum I think you got my point. My idea is : team play can only be promoted by giving gold.

No matter if it's a stupid idea, I wanted to share it. Some players don't understand what "team game" means. And this is obviously a team game.

Sorry it's a little long but I like to send examples to make it more credible (and to make myself more clear ^^).

Thanks for reading,
Greetings,
Max.

Attached Files
.w3g   LastReplay.w3g (Size: 3.29 MB / Downloads: 194)
I think this thread exists, because you got frustrated in that game, right? ;)

Well, I think I got something, that will please you (and a lot of other players). It's not really working like you suggested, but I think it certainly is beneficial for teamplay.

It's something I haven't seen anywhere else, which I find somwhat curious, but anyway. I'll keep the details for me for now, but the next version (or rather: the beta of it) is not too far off, so you won't have to wait too long. I'll just give you two words to describe what I want to do:
Assist Sprees
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Yes I got frustrated on this game, really. But I made this thread because this happen a lot of time.

There are too much ego players and that's so annoying...

I like the idea, of course anything that promote team play is really welcome. That sounds really good Smile
Besides from the (almost) secret idea i do not know nothing about ;-) encourage spending gold for the team is an valid proposal.

How about sharing 5min gold distribution by support done and a static part, say 75% are static and rest will be devided by support done, that would result into something like
{ 4* forceGold / (teamSize * 5 + 15) } * ( 3/4 + ownSupport/teamSupport).
Curly brackets part is the current gold distribution formula per five minutes.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
(2014-01-30, 02:19:14)Exodus Wrote: It's something I haven't seen anywhere else, which I find somwhat curious, but anyway.

Just for your information: Assist sprees do already exist in League of Legends : P
(2014-01-30, 13:01:31)Prog Wrote:
(2014-01-30, 02:19:14)Exodus Wrote: It's something I haven't seen anywhere else, which I find somwhat curious, but anyway.

Just for your information: Assist sprees do already exist in League of Legends : P

Haha... reminds me when I had an epic idea, making a Wc2-map full of wood to chop threw, just to notice it was already played and they call it "chop farms" Dodgy
Ok, well ... at least I didn't advertise as something completely new and thus emberassed myself ... ;) I guess it's too optimistic to think that you came up with something completely new. Anyway, the new version is going to shake things up a little, so lets see how it is going to work out.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Would be cool if there were enough player to create actual teams. This random stuff completely ruins the whole btanks experience :/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mortal team balance daminator3 11 8,845 2012-12-01, 19:18:59
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  Team items BENNIE.FM 3 4,388 2012-10-19, 15:14:03
Last Post: Wupti
  Enemy team shouldn't be informed about -giveup status RaptorXI 7 5,590 2012-07-29, 16:20:20
Last Post: Prog
  ELO calculating in team balance progg 49 31,603 2012-04-26, 21:13:45
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Promote a new mode for fun! Smell.No.Evil 1 2,280 2012-04-01, 22:59:46
Last Post: AeroniumX