Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More active promotion of Btanks
Just thinking that what Btanks really lacks is more players. Would be cool if we in the future could create actual teams and compete without the whole random team win/loose situation.

I've looked around on the internet, and there is a great potential for for example more videos on youtube and a more active facebook page. With a more active facebook page it could be given some incentives for getting friends to join.
Affirmative!
As a matter of fact, no one in the dev team is especially fond of the social media. This might be because we are somewhat lacking in that aspect. I'm also not really convinced, that it is actually helping.

At any rate, I can't see myself taking care of that. But if anyone would volunteer to do that (also not only for 2 or 3 weeks, but over an extended period of time), we could give him access to the facebook site for example and provide information in case of questions or announcements.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
I can help to at least improve the page, but I am no expert. Just think that there are many potential players that never would think about logging in to Wc 3 to find a "new" game to playSmile

As it is now, it does not really provide a good picture of Btanks.
(2014-02-18, 18:43:57)BtankNoob Wrote: I can help to at least improve the page, but I am no expert. Just think that there are many potential players that never would think about logging in to Wc 3 to find a "new" game to playSmile

As it is now, it does not really provide a good picture of Btanks.

Well there is a draft for an "about" section but never has been finished. I was never satisfied with the text and to be honest had forgotten this one Rolleyes

Once in a while someone pops up at IRC asking how to play Battle Tanks just to vanish within seconds. Everytime that happens it reminds me at least to clarify it is an WC3 map which required WC3 to play and that this information is not very well provided at main page.

My problem is how to describe BT short - everytime i try there are to many things about i would like to tell.
The best way would be some short videos instead of good pictures describing BT which we are lacking bothTongue

my own draft text disliked by myself Rolleyes

Quote:Battle Tanks is a custom map for Warcraft III Frozen Throne created back in 2005 and updated and improved since then. It belongs to the multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) genre.

As a tank pilot you can choose between 30 tanks and change them to more powerful ones throughout the game, to stay ahead of your enemy. You never have to stick to one role in a game, you can always adjust your strategy to react to your enemies actions or to make them react to yours.
You have more than 50 automatic weapons available to attack your enemies. They attack random targets on their own, so precise tank movement and control is crucial to gain an advantage over your enemies. Utilize your tanks abilities, special items and weapons to capture the control points, which provide map control and healing to reach your final goal: the destruction of the enemy HQ.

Battle Tanks also features bots, so you can play it in single player too. There is also a dedicated league for Battle Tanks, which automatically ranks you against all BT player from all over the world. To do this, you have to play on our BT hosting bots. Start with the qualify games and get good enough to compete against the best of the world! You can find the names of our games on the left sidebar.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
I would welcome someone who would do this since there are also (small) communities on ent, makemehost who don't play on the league bots.
Ok, send me a PM. The page really needs a makeoverTongue
Sad to see that nothing is done :/
Better idea: develop Bt as facebook gameBig Grin

And make people pay with real money to get items...
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
(2014-03-28, 15:37:46)Althend Wrote: Better idea: develop Bt as facebook gameBig Grin

And make people pay with real money to get items...

NO HAND NO ... DO ... NOT ... DELTE ... THIS ... STUPID ... POST ...

(this message came with love)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Revive BTanks FreeJason 17 14,025 2012-12-10, 04:34:23
Last Post: FreeJason
  BTanks League RANKED #30003 cant Join Bot Userkiller 0 2,223 2012-04-27, 17:10:20
Last Post: Userkiller
  Btanks 8,70 ver why cannot kick feeder a10tank 2 2,703 2010-08-04, 21:41:43
Last Post: eSVau
  Can't join btanks beta league games x-jimi 1 1,850 2010-04-17, 13:42:55
Last Post: x-jimi
  Remove HB from BTanks ? Lavias 7 4,451 2009-11-19, 15:20:06
Last Post: Paladon