Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generic Tank Suggestion for SC2
Ok, here's some suggestions to the sc2 tank units stats that I have thought of. Only shows the starter tanks + some medium tanks.

Engineer (SCV) (Free)

Hp: 250
Armor: 0
Abilities: Build Rocket Tower, Create Bunker (automatically used by creeps), Repair and Build Factory.
Teleport

Can build defensive and beneficial structures. It's ultimate provides spawned creeps, but it costs some credits to build permanent factories and you can only have limited amount of them. Level reduce the costs.

Attack Buggy (Helion) (500)

Hp: 650
Armor: 1
Abilities: Sentry Gun, Flame Spume (AoE high damage, creeps only), Defensive Systems, Net
Sniper Cannon

The flame spume is super against creeps, while sentry gun can attack everything, but does less damage as it also can attack tanks.

Railgun Tank (Light Tank. Campaign model) (800)

Hp: 1000
Abilities: Rocket-Shot (stun), Cluster Rocket, Repair, Heavy Rail Beam (Line damage)
Tank Cannon

Replaces light tank and does have some of the abilties. It's ultimate can be useful in some situations and deals high damage

Wraith (Campaign Model) (1000)

Hp: 900
Abilities: Distance Missiles (stun), Bombardment (ground only, stun), Speed, Cloak (Lasts a few seconds)
Tank Cannon

Replaces the helicopter and it can cloak when it learns it's ultimate. However it lasts a short time.

Raider (Vulture, Campaign Model) (1400)

Hp: 1500
Armor: 2
Abilities: Deploy Spider Mines, Cluster grenade (ground only), Shockwave, Incineration Napalm
Tank Cannon

Kinda replaces the demolisher and it's slightly weaker and cheaper. It's mines attack creeps and deals extra damage against creeps. Can also damage tanks, but not so much. Cluster grenage hits a single target and deals AoE damage to nearby units.

Raven (Raven Model) (1500)

Hp: 1200
Abilities: Seeker Missiles, Drain, EMP Blast (shield/energy sap), Defensive Drone
Tank Cannon

Special Air tank. Seeker missiles does decent splash damage, but can be dodged. Flares can be useful in instant use while it foils projectiles to hit it. Defensive drone lasts for a few sec and attacks all kind of projectiles nearby it, except abilities and beams.

Strider (Protoss Stalker) (1850)

Shield: 900 Hp: 900
Shields Armor: 2
Armor: 2
Abilities: 5 Plasma Shots, EMP shot, Warp Blink (jump sort of), Time locking field
Tank Cannon

Kinda replaces the antigrav. (Demolisher and antigrav price class swapped on purpose). It has a shield which regenerate at a decent speed.

Combat Suit (Zealot) (2750)

Shields 1250 Hp: 1500
Shields Armor: 3
Armor: 3
Abilities: Dual Blades (ground only, stun), Razor Warp Blades, Charge, Combat Teleport
Sniper Cannon

Goblin shredder in a new variant with shields. It looks blacklike and it's close combat abilties makes it good vs ground tanks.

Basher Tank (Siege Tank light?) (3000)

Hp: 3000
Armor: 3
Abilities: Tank Shot (stun), Pound Shell (structure only, stun), Reinforced Hull, Rocket-Hail
Tank Cannon

A medium tank that can withstand some punishment. It's tank shot has medium range and deals moderate damage. Pound Shell is a structure only ability which deals significant damage to structures from a safe distance. Reinforced hull slightly increases the tanks hp.

Star Fighter (Phoenix? replaces airship.) (4500)

Shields: 1600 Hp: 2000
Shield Armor: 4
Armor: 4
Abilities: Aegis Missiles (Bonus dmg against air, can stun air not ground), Electro Shocker, Speed, Plasma Rain
Tank Cannon

A medium strong air tank capable of kicking a punch.

Heavy Tank (Siege Tank mercenary version? Campaign model) (5500)

Hp: 5500
Armor: 5
Abilities: Aimed-Shot (stun), Hail of Bombs, Heavy Armor, Siege Mode (attack ground only)
Tank Cannon

A heavy tank that can withstand heavy punishment. It's tank shot has long range. it's good at singing and destroying buildings, and in siege mode it has an attack that you can control, but only attacks ground targets. Damage increases for every level.

Mad Cat (Goliath Campaign model) (6500)

Hp: 6500
Armor: 6
Abilities: AA Rocket Barrage, Machine Gun (ground only), Flexible Joins, Charon Missiles
Tank Cannon

A strong battlemech with various of offensive abilities.

Defender (Immortal model) (7500)

Shield: 4000 Hp: 3500
Shield Armor: 10
Armor: 6
Abilities: Dual Cannons (ground only, stun), Protective Shield, Hardened Shields, Plasma Artillery Bombardment (ground only)
Tank Cannon

A defensive battlemech. It can sustain much damage and it's ability to shield combined with hardened shields makes it harder to kill. No of it's abilities can hit air units. Shields regenerate fast.

Sky Lancer (Carrier model) (8000)

Shield: 3500 Hp: 3000
Shield Armor: 8
Armor: 8
Abilities: Hellfire, Interceptors, Speed, Plasma Bust Explosion (AoE damage and stun)
Tank Cannon

A strong supportive air tank. Replaces the Sky Tank.

Sky Cruiser (Battlecruiser model?) (13500)

Hp: 11000
Armor: 13
Abilities: Multi Plasma Shots (ground only), Missile Barrage, Tough Armor, Yamato Cannon (stun)
Tank Cannon

A slot air tank that has nasty offensive abilities and can pack a heavy punch.

Colossus (Colossus model) (15000)

Shields: 5000 Hp: 10000
Shield Armor: 15
Armor: 15
Abilities: Dual Laser (horizontal line damage, stun), Plasma Bombs (Infernals Chaos Wave), Cliff Walker, Drill Laser
Tank Cannon

A superstrong battlemech. It can sustain lot of damage damage and it's ability deal long range damage with it's laser abilities. Cliff walker ability enables him to walk up cliffs and increasing this level with increase the speed of climbing up cliffs and also gives a small speed bonus.

Floating Fortress (Mothership model) (20000)

Shield: 10000 Hp: 6000
Shield Armor: 25
Armor: 15
Abilities: Beam Shots (stun), Black Hole, Warp Jump, Planet Breaker (ground only, also active while moving)
Tank Cannon

Strongest Air tank you can get with a few tactical abilities. Beam shots deals decent damage. It can sustain lot of damage and it's abilities can make it a flexible ship, although it's slow it can warp jump unexpected in combat. Warp Jump range increases with each level, but allows you to make quite long range teleports, but with some cooldown. Fast shield regeneration,

Sledge Hammer (Thor model) (25000)

Hp: 25000
Armor: 25
Abilities: Thunder Cannon (stun), Stinger Rockets (AA only, hit all nearby air units), Massive Bombardment (ground only), Jack Hammer (A small nuke)
Tank Cannon

A superstrong warmech. The ultimate tank with deadly abilties and it's designed for pure battle, however it lacks the flexibility of the colossus but it's high damage offensive abilties may coup up with that. Shields regenerate fast.

Maybe more to come....

This is some ideas of the generic tanks in cheapest order. I'm not sure how the mappers really want the models. But this copies much of the wc3 standards so maybe they want more unique abilities to the new tanks. Not all abilities are good though....

This is just suggestions.
Name: Verytech fighter
Model: Viking Air/Viking Ground
Speed: Air Average/Ground Slow
Cost: 3300
HP: 2750
Attributes: Light, Mechanical

Skill: Gravity Bolt
Model: Marauder Attack
Range:1000
Target: Single Ground Unit
Channel: No
Effect: Damages and slows target for three seconds, both effects increase with level
Operation: Hotkey and select target
Notes: low damage skill, the slows the thing. Speed reduction and duration increase with level

Skill: Stirling Shot
Model: Viking attack
Range: 750
Target: Everything in range
Channel: 1.5 second
Effect: Damage
Operation: Hotkey
Notes: Intented as a creep killer similar to the Goblin Shredder's metal stars. While channeling the Verytech Fighter pivots wildly blazing with machine guns

Skill: Fusion Bottle
This is really to skills...
Air Mode
Model: None
Target: Self passive
Effect: Speed Boost
Notes: Standard Air Model Speed Boost

Ground Mode
Model: Terran Missile Turret Swarm missile upgrade (Found only in campaign)
Range: 1300
Target: Air only large AoE
Channel: 1 seconf
Effect: Damages all air units under template
Operation: Hotkey and place template
Notes: Needs to hit fairly hard to give a reason to go around in ground mode

Ultimate: Agility
Model: None
Target: Self Passive
Effect: Damage reduction
Notes: 10% per level, at level 5 it's a 50% damage reduction

Design Notes: The starcraft2 Viking is an obvious homage to Robotech's Veritech fighter. In FASA's Battledroids game (the predessasor of Battletech) the Veritech image was stolen and dubbed the Valkyrie, something I'm sure someone at Blizzard is aware of. Thus Verytech Fighter to avoid any copyright BS.

The transformation fuction requires an additional spell slot, I dont know if this causes you guys a problem.with your interface. Also the transforamation should have a cooldown of somehting like a minute. The transformation is it self a powerful ability if you reintorduce things like flak, bombs, axe launchers and the like as the verytech would be essentially immune to these weapons at will.

The Gravitc Bolt should work well in air mode in conjuction with Fusion Bottle to allow the Verytech to overrun ground vehicles. Add in agility and you have a nasty late game knife fighter.

Stirling is the name of the Ace Veritech pilot from robotech.

The Fusion Bottle ground mode is the killer skill this unit has. The AoE template so it has a chance to hit more than one target.
I found my thread!
I posted my idead for the verytech in another thread, not noticing this. TKF I'd like to review your post and be a general A.S.S.
Please dont take me to serious! My only hope is that we might be able to provide ideas to the devs if we can get this thread going.
You didnt play with unit attributes (something that allows damage to be modified by various weapons and spells). I hope these make into the new btanks so I'll just pretend it will!
Engineer (Great name choice)
Model SCV (A very logical choice and I like it!)
Attributes: Light, Biological
Skills:
Tower
This skill is a given. I'd suggest the Missile Turret model for the first three levels firing the standard Missile turret attack (would strike both air and ground). The Sensor Tower would be great for levels 4 and 5. In the EPIC custom map they're using this with the Colossus Thermal Lance attack set to zero AoE and it makes a neat laser.
Bunker
I find this idea intriuging but problematical. I think your intention is that wandering creeps would hop in as they pass by. But then the Engineer wouldn't get the kill credit would it? Would it!?! However I agree that the Terran Bunker is a great model and would like to see it in the game somehow. I'm just not understanding your intention.
Maybe
Have the Missile Turret attack air, and the Bunker attack ground? Put the kibosh on the entire loading the buker thing. But then where would the Sensor Tower fit in? Afterall the Sensor Tower is a great model and I'd like to see it used as well. This dichotomy would almost prevent the engineer from fortifying the center shop right at the beginning as at level one there's something cant get through. This would force the Tinker/Engineer to place his first structure near an existing structure and slowly work his way forward.
Repair
A Given I believe. Would repair units with the Mechanical and Structure tags?
Teleport
Another given I believe. The only thing I could think of that would replace this game mechanic would be a temporary invunerbility.

Factories
Again I find this slightly problematical. But's it's growing on me. The main issue is the creep unit cap. In the WC3 btanks the devs alloted tinker towers a creep unit cap cost to prevent the tinker from getting to truly well dug in. This unfortunately prevented the tinker from investing in creep spawning Factories (Which always worked very well if another player built them for you)
Maybe
Have the ultimate be the Sensor Tower that would attack both ground and air and be, well, ultimate. Would work in conjunction with the above Maybe.
I really like TKF's ideas becuase they orientate by the original BTanks while transitioning into the SC 2 Setting.
Is SC2 - Battle Tanks out yet?
I didnt read all the suggestion so it may already have been said but there could be a unit that use burrowed baneling as mines...so u can detonate it whenever he want
HaCkTiVaTeD Wrote:I didnt read all the suggestion so it may already have been said but there could be a unit that use burrowed baneling as mines...so u can detonate it whenever he want
Y baneling can be the new terrorist.

However the tank design is being made atm and maybe we have a playable version in few weeks perhaps. There is lot of models to use so I don't think we would lack models. I wonder what kind of tank the thor would be used for, maybe some of the finals.
TKF Wrote:
HaCkTiVaTeD Wrote:I didnt read all the suggestion so it may already have been said but there could be a unit that use burrowed baneling as mines...so u can detonate it whenever he want
Y baneling can be the new terrorist.

However the tank design is being made atm and maybe we have a playable version in few weeks perhaps. There is lot of models to use so I don't think we would lack models. I wonder what kind of tank the thor would be used for, maybe some of the finals.
or we'll surprise you with a tiny scaled version of it as a starter tank. xD
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
I added a few more suggestions and added shield points for the protoss type units since I don't figure out how to make that fancy shield anim on other non-protoss units. Well it's optional.

Well we shouldn't miss out Mothership or Thor they are awesome.
brutalisks as creeps would be nice xD
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Quote: TFK Wrote:Y baneling can be the new terrorist.

Hm I didnt say to use the baneling as a unit but as a spell(as i said for example if the tank set a mine(burrowed baneling) he can choose or not to detonate it when his opponent run to him...or when hes on his way back...with just not enough hp to survive for example), it's not about models but about how the mechanic would work
and it would efforts skill to use mines at last!! the main reason for me to add this feature.

Oh the burrowed baneling controlled detenation mine would be a very nasty ability.

Is the M.U.L.E. model going to be used? Reminds me alot of the demolisher.
Now I have played the Campaign...and experimented a bit with the Editor...I finally found a good Tank-Model for a BTanks map.

BEHOLD....the Terra-Tron xD (http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Terra-tron)
This is what I call wicked sick^^

hmm...his Abilities.
Reaper Swarm: 5-6 Reapers will be spawned out of your Tank. They act similar to the Goblin Tank skill Goblin Riot...but they can also attack on their own.

Saw of Chaos: The Terratron will use his lasersaw attached to his arm to deal massive damage to the opponent´s Tank....Can also harm Air Units since he´s so huge.

Energy Laser: Laser will be charged for 10 secs....and then every Unit in front of the tank will be hit by the Laser.

Rampage: Shortly boosts attack power and speed by 25%.

AllUrBaseAreBelongToUs: Using this skill lets you win..instantly.

kk...it´s a big Joke..I know..but the model could be used as an final Tank..like the Titan.
It would also be nice if there were some "biological tanks" with Zerg/Hybrid models like the Omegalisk or the Hybrid Reaver.

Hope you like my Idea^^
Greetings Dennyx
just a kick towards future! biological tanksBig Grin
i would prefer some..Tongue

or different forces: biological (zerg) vs machines (protoss or terran(r/c^^))
just the same tanks (in all terms) to buy but different models for each force..Smile
some variety suggestions..

or three Tank forces to choose from.
biological(zerg)
mechanical(terran)
"psionic"(protoss)

each of the three factions have the same amount of tanks to choose from and each fac have their own supertank.
so in an endgame there could be up to three different supertanks on the field.

There would be more variation on the battlefield^^
And thats all we need^^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tank Ideas AegisHonoris 0 2,605 2011-09-05, 12:35:29
Last Post: AegisHonoris