Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bring back votekick!
yes there will be some people kicked who dont deserve it but for the most part people aren't kicked unless they are ruining the game somehow

without votekick you end up with fagits like this guy (player pink in the attached replay) who rage and feed just to ruin the game and you can do nothing about it because theres no way to kick them

Attached Files
.w3g   pinkwasafag.w3g (Size: 333.58 KB / Downloads: 205)
I think the -kick should work as the way as it is now. There were many discussions about disabling the -kick. That's why we end up here.

But I also think we need to figure a way to handle those guys who ruin the game on purpose.

An easy way is to just ban those IDs. (maybe not ban forever, but for a certain time depends what they behave). If they register a new ID they will need the qualification period again. So they cannot ruin games coutinuously.

But I still suggest another way to have multiple levels of league bots. For the high level bot e.g. only rank < 1000 etc. can join. So if someone feed on purpose and lose a game, they cannot join higher level bot and ruin game there.
So.. you want to remove -kick so the nubs can learn to play, then ban their ID when they feed? That is the exact idiocy that DOTA did. That doesn't help noobs, it just ruins all their future BTanks games instead of kicking them out of that one. Just bring back -kick. Yeah, nubs might get kicked out of every game they play for the first month, but they will get better and play longer. It's the best way, and it was working fine.
votekick has not been removed but in league mode it is restricted.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
toyboatt Wrote:So.. you want to remove -kick so the nubs can learn to play, then ban their ID when they feed? That is the exact idiocy that DOTA did. That doesn't help noobs, it just ruins all their future BTanks games instead of kicking them out of that one. Just bring back -kick. Yeah, nubs might get kicked out of every game they play for the first month, but they will get better and play longer. It's the best way, and it was working fine.

We ban people who feed on purpose, not any non-intentional feeder.
A ban system takes effect after many games have been ruined, requires an army of mods, and is subject to arguments and forum flaming. A -kick systems happens in game and saves games before they are ruined beyond repair. It's silly to say the -kick is only restricted; it doesn't work for 99.9% of applicable situations. Feeders in league? Can't kick, can't leave. Nubs? Can't leave. Does it work on AFKAI? I don't know, because nothing happens when I type "-kick"

If you really want to protect nub's ability to play, then just remove the -kick from the Qualify games. But PLEASE bring it back to the League games.
You need to acknowledge that there is a balance system at work which tries to make the games fair by giving better players worse teammates and vice versa. If the better players now always kick the worse ones, the system fails and the games are not balanced any more. Obviously you win easier if you kick your bad teammates, but that is just because you transform the game into an unfair one to your advantage. In fact you don't use kick like it is intended, you rather abuse it and cheat in comparison to other players who don't do this (who play like bt should be played).
toyboatt Wrote:If you really want to protect nub's ability to play, then just remove the -kick from the Qualify games. But PLEASE bring it back to the League games.

i usually only play the qualify games, because they fill up MUCH faster. i play them for fun, fun that is ruined when you have people feeding on purpose.

perhaps if a system was implemented where people who were kicked did not have it count as leaving
Is it disabled in league imitation too?
they system should kick the player feeds on purpose.
how should the system know, if a player feeds on purpose, or because of no skill ( being a beginner) ?
Der Vorteil an der Klugheit ist, dass man sich dumm stellen kann.
Andersherum ist dies schon erheblich schwieriger.
Orthodox Wrote:how should the system know, if a player feeds on purpose, or because of no skill ( being a beginner) ?

I think the more important question is: How do we know? We can't grasp intentions either!
sabre_of_pain Wrote:i usually only play the qualify games, because they fill up MUCH faster. i play them for fun, fun that is ruined when you have people feeding on purpose.

yes, they fill up faster, BUT: there is no balance but shuffle.

if i want to play at 00.30 am or later ist hard to get in a full league game. thats why i sometimes use the q-bot too. the shuffle works bad and imbalances >80% of the games.
play on the leaguebots and enjoy a lot of good games. (not all but most are good for me)
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Prog Wrote:
Orthodox Wrote:how should the system know, if a player feeds on purpose, or because of no skill ( being a beginner) ?

I think the more important question is: How do we know? We can't grasp intentions either!

watch the replay i attached to the first post and you will see that pink was definitely 110% feeding on purpose with no room for doubt
sabre_of_pain Wrote:perhaps if a system was implemented where people who were kicked did not have it count as leaving
You want to have even more of those "kick me please!" players?
Yes, rather than players like Lavamat on Northrend (he's doing it right now and claims to have done it before with 70 deaths in a game), who first camped in base w/o doing anything, and then ruined the game by purposefully just running up mid and getting himself killed. Why? Because the blue player and I tried kicking him since he was afk and did not attempt to explain what the fuck he was trying to do. This ruins league imitation mode if every other game (maybe less than that, but still enough) is ruined due to feeders or other complete idiots you cannot kick anymore. Protecting minorities from being kicked for no reason is fine, but this is open to abuse and will in the end benefit a few morons and be a disadvantage to honest and fair players trying to practice some more.
Oh, and the fact that the vote for giving up has to be unanimous further benefits such trolls - you actually require their consent for getting rid of them - good luck.
Well, the league didn't start yet and we are thankful for good ideas to handle this porblem.

Weeks or even month we are told to remove the kick command. Then we remove it and the next statements are "bring back votekick".

Currently it looks like the old method and also the new one both are not a good solution. So maybe we have to find something in between.

But it's hard for the map to identify people who deserve a kick...
True, and there had already been arguments to remove it years ago, claiming it would be bad for noobs being kicked undeservedly. Yet, the room it leaves for abuse is the greater disadvantage, in my opinion. If you leave since there's no sense in trying to win with a troll in your team, you're being punished yourself, and if you stay or go -afkai so you won't be booted, the troll wins in wasting everybody's time.

If you could give up by simple majority, that would be one way out. There can still be a stalemate if you have a 2v2, sure, but at least there would be a chance. Now, you will always have the feeder not voting for giving up, or some retard who doesn't understand the basic commands.
We need to votekick back. I played 5 games this very morning and 4 of the 5 were decided by someone who was fed massively by some feeder who would have been kicked in the months before the kick was removed. There is no fun in a game when someone has 10-0 after 6 minutes and will be unstopable for the rest of the game. Even when the fed up one was on my team the game was no fun. He would just go and kill everyone and all we could do was watch him since he got way more gold.
I like Btanks but this way there is no fun and without fun soon there won't be many players playing Btanks on the league bots I think.
please fix it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  add -votekick player Slaktaren 14 10,850 2015-02-11, 22:19:09
Last Post: hiver
  Votekick Userkiller 9 7,112 2012-05-15, 11:36:36
Last Post: Userkiller
  Bring back the shorter games that lasted LESS than 1 hour TKF 18 9,458 2010-09-12, 23:34:13
Last Post: l2kassassisn
  [votekick] what would you prefer eSVau 5 4,534 2010-09-09, 14:59:30
Last Post: shadowfox91
  egregious deliberate feeding. plz ban. plz bring back kick bE3r 6 3,987 2010-08-05, 08:12:26
Last Post: bE3r