Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to play vs camper
Hi,

I just have a question. Yesterday I played demo vs demo vs a player who was better camper that skilled, but a good camper. He didn't move back from his flag and from level 2 he picked mines, he kept planting a bunch of mines around 100 range each one from the other, so when I run on one, it's hard to not run in more.
While ofc keeping wave for when I run on a mine and getting some star shooters so I'm easy kill.
My question is this one : is it worth it to buy eyes and defuse (1.5k)? Because as I told he was good camper, I would maybe kill him once but then he would not run over his mines again, so gold would have been wasted or not?
The only thing I could do was staying on my own flag and waiting 20 min so I could buy a tank... Which is not why I play, to stand somewhere not moving. I could have go pee or anything else I would have been still alive and farming while he was putting mines over and over... Ofc I couldn't make any attack, the only I made were a huge fail...

Thanks for feedback.
Max is right, sometimes there are hardcore campers on lane and "destroy" an interesting lane fight,
just by hanging in front of their cp/flag all the time, never use spells at first,go heal if they loose 10% hp, even accept loosing their tower to creep better .....

I know its easy to play that way, let enemy come in front of your cp (not in tower range), just creep and waiting for opponent actions...... and also loosing tower later (min 15<... ) is still ok when i got a tank = boring lane fight Huh

Sometimes i even regret destroy enemy tower fast at 5-10min, cause opponent creep as good as i can and also got help from mid/lane i have to take care of.

Also in long late games if my team got all cps and other team just hang in their base, its so boring to play against, cause of course my team want to destroy base for winning, but it seems like other team don't think about take over a cp.

I just want to point out that maybe we need an attraction to push an enemy at lane and not hang around at own cp/base all the time,.....

"Possible" Suggestions:
-Pushing tank at lane get more XP (+10%) after ~5 min mark till 30 min, i dunno if that is a good idea (cause its Saturday morning and i am still drunk)
-Also if a team e.g. at 1 hour: They lost all cps and just hang in base, because they can't attack (no tanks, weakness, camping, .....) = if they don't take over a cp for 30? - 45 min they will automatically loose the game. Exclamation

Sure there are some other players who think a different way about those camping and strategy against, but i am quite happy Max opened this thread, cause i think we are not the only ones who think that this fact is a problem for gaming fun. Wink

Imo,
you have to ask will it be you the only carry of the game.
If not and the demo spend skill point in mines go for defuse, you can push better and he got useles spell (and you can try kill him or his allies on his mines).
If you have to carry I ask myself will i be able to kill him with his mines?
if not i dont buy and save for hp hull or tank, burst armor can be good too.
if i can i buy defuse.
remember that you can sell the stuf so it cost half money.

ofc you cant buy another weaps or hull instead. boring and delay your build but his strategy is part of the game.
Well you know when you are playing you think about multiple possibilities while you are playing, but first you spend some money on weapons not to be too much outfarmed. What I did. But after that you start saving you gold and keep wonder what to do. When you have around 2k here is the dilemma : do I go steel hull? do I keep saving for tank? do I buy defuse? Keeping in mind that your opponent may be more farmed that you are and will make his move after you. If you buy defuse, will he go heavy and destroy you next 5 minutes coming? If you buy hull will he keep camping and saving a big tank? If you just keep saving, will he be able to kick your ass before you can use your gold?

I did never leave a game in purpose, and I played around 1500. But this is the first time I almost did after 10 min of game. Being boring is part of the game I totally agree, but it's so lame... Even more that he camped good and gave me almost 0 solution to break his defense...

Which solution is best? Personally I went heavy tank which help me to defuse some mines but still hard to kill him because, just to be even more boring, he just bought gold hull... Would I better go sky tank? 8k he was more farmed than me, he would have go demon... Tough choice...
Well to start of even though i don't enjoy this part of the game camping is a legitimate tactic and sometimes needed in order to survive or minimize feed.

Fact for me is everything someone pushes me against tower i am not sure how but i still end up with more creep kills so weirdly i can sit at tower ten minutes and still get more creeps or at least keep it even.

Addressing your issue obviously spending gold knowing your enemy's tanks tactics is a good way to start thinking when it comes to spending.

For instance if there camping and you start spending gold and you know for example they like gobo if i know they will reach that tank before i reach my goal i buy now for instant a hull and try stop the saving or be prepared to fight of goblin with a hull for awhile until l get a countable tactic.Getting that hull may alllow you 2-3 kills can be vital so its important to think of the benefits and what the purchase will enable you to do.

Other points to be mentioned are what tank are they playing are a fast moving tank or a demo sitting next to the tower?.Usually if you vs camper you should be creeping good i usually go exploit another lane it help someone else or even change early to thunder or airship they end up trying to push and you end up killing others for example (I found out most of the time 5 minutes later they pull out heavy tank but by then i already farmed an extra hull tp or something and i have given my team support or some assistance in pushing others lane whether it is disrupting saving of the enemy killing towers taking cps.

To address some other issues you talk about sometimes it is annoying vs people who heal often etc.One thing i hate is vs the storm tank or whatever just sitting behind air mines etc and waiting 20 minutes so boring.

Camping usually means trying to stay in tact with the enemy in terms of creeping or creating and advantage of some sort to make them attack to create an advantage long term.

Communicating sometimes its good to look around and see were you will be more useful and switch (For example the other day i told scout to come creep lane and sit there he did vs demo he should see mines and the demo wasnt able to do much while as a laner i was much stronger then some of the middle players creating an advantage.

There are really effective campers out there i camp if i need to watch middle etc and something that vital is patience and good thoughtful thinking.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
Well if you an air tank, stronger then the demo who place mines a bit from cp you may be able to go around and capture the cp.

If your other lane do somewhat well if not very well, go and help even if you lose some farming, the demo may be forced to help and should not have a ton of mines at that lane, could help mid if you think you can get it.

You could camp to, its better then feeding and wait for a tank that isn't to weak to push the mines from the game.

You could buy defuse but its very risky and the demo could easly take advanatge of that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tutorial for how to play with raider and examples to counter it Wupti 17 15,454 2012-07-24, 22:46:22
Last Post: warrior_cobra
  Which tanks do you usually play? Paladon 25 18,342 2011-05-12, 03:49:14
Last Post: Smartie