Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axe and Flak
Hey guys just wanted to know what the formula is you use to generate the damage for axe and flak lately i feel i can recover or just dominate with axes ;/ far to easily
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
I dont' see a Flak often; it's a high risk to buy unless most of the enemy go air (Sky Fortress in the end). The problem with Axe is more that hit you can hit all type of Tanks with nets.
Weapons get a 25% damage bonus, when they are restricted to only air or ground targets. They also get a 25% damage bonus, when they can only be carried by air or ground tanks. So this makes a total of 50% bonus damage, compared to normal weapons.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Well flak isn't a big risk if you buy it before you get tank. If opponent have 2-3 air tanks, this weapon allow you to make mass kills and then you switch to inf and lead the whole game.
Axe is to strong in my opinion it needs 5-10% damage nerf or something.
Axe is too strong,..... i rather play vs 3 poison Big Grin

maybe cooldown on upped axe or like bennie said: less damage Angel

Y this weapon is just too strong. Too easy to farm tanks with... Less damage or longer cd should be nice.

Poison is weak now, 3k on deflective and dps is downgraded by half. Most of players forget that...
i <3 my axe!
Just is to strong in most situations you will have a ground target not really many air options on top of that of that axe can be used as a combo with net to hit air enemies, tanks with flak cant exactly do anything to ground tanks.Also its just to strong in my view with out comparing it to flak, i still want people to use axe so my suggestion would be reducing the damage.
Adding to that i just find i can net people with flak in 1vs1 situations if i am air .
You just found it? Smile
(2014-03-16, 07:34:18)Max Wrote: You just found it? Smile

Not to sure what you mean max Big Grin
It took long for you to notice that ^^
I just forgot to mention it, i think i have stated this 3-4 times on the forumBig Grin
It's a fact and we all agree: axe, bombs, flak,... need a change, need a possibility to counter, .....Dodgy

i just note what i think right now for solutions e.g. for axe:

- like bennie said: less damage (or higher price like +50% ?)
- cooldown + mana use
- axe also attack "tank units" like treants, mortars, creeps, decoys, tower.....
- something like nets for ground units to pull them up in the air
- limited axe: 2 axes,flak,bombs... each team maximum
- like with troops: if more than 1 player got axe, all axes in team will do less damage/ shoot slower
- first guy in force buy axe for ~10k gold, second axe ~13k gold, ....always + ~3k gold and also higher upgrade cost

maybe you guys or exo like one of these thoughts, but i would like to see a change soon Angel

tez

(2014-03-16, 12:16:22)Tez.Sick Wrote: - first guy in force buy axe for ~10k gold, second axe ~13k gold, ....always + ~3k gold and also higher upgrade cost

I would like to see this (a % increase for any weapon bought on a team) for all weapons to nerf monopoly.
(2014-03-16, 12:16:22)Tez.Sick Wrote: - something like nets for ground units to pull them up in the air

Hum that's seomthing I've already talked about some month ago. But some players told about the advantage of air vs ground to justify the existence of nets and not "air pull" item for ground tanks. I still think it's a valuable idea. Ground can easy take on 1k bounty air tank with 200g nets (using axe) and air can do nothing vs ground with flak.

Something could change about that : make flak turn to axe when air is on net : air is bring to ground, so why not...? Of just make axe don't hit air when they are net : if flak isn't considered as a ground weapon when air is on net, so why axe consider net air tank as a ground tank...?

(2014-03-16, 12:16:22)Tez.Sick Wrote: - like bennie said: less damage (or higher price like +50% ?)
- like with troops: if more than 1 player got axe, all axes in team will do less damage/ shoot slower

I think those ideas are the best to balance these weapons imo.
(2014-03-16, 12:55:18)Max Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 12:16:22)Tez.Sick Wrote: - like bennie said: less damage (or higher price like +50% ?)

I think those ideas are the best to balance these weapons imo.

yeah i also like that,also
(2014-03-16, 12:30:19)RaptorXI Wrote:
(2014-03-16, 12:16:22)Tez.Sick Wrote: - first guy in force buy axe for ~10k gold, second axe ~13k gold, ....always + ~3k gold and also higher upgrade cost

I would like to see this (a % increase for any weapon bought on a team) for all weapons to nerf monopoly.

hopefully i get it right and his idea is to increase the weapon variety in game Big Grin
(OT: maybe we should try it with every weapon more expensiver than ~3k gold Wink)

Now that i got everyone's attention please look in the beta and give an opinion on reducing the infernal stun by 1 whole second......seems ridiculous to me. http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=4141 thinking 0.5 sec nerf is enough.....already countered quite easily already not many players bunch even the idiotic playersBig Grin

Anyone back on topic i like the idea of reducing damage but keeping it at the same price ,because i do not want axe disappearing from games.Or limiting axes on a team but that must include any sold ones in the junk otherwise you may never be able to purchase it back xD.Some good suggestions and thoughts above!.

To be honest i would still buy axe if it was cost up to 10k but i rather keep it at 8k and reduce damage.
I also think that it's maybe too much to downgrade inf's stun by 1 second. Even more because now it makes demon stun (y I'm again on this one) the longer with 2.5 seconds which is really too much because it's also powerful and long ranged.