Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about Kinetic Shield
http://btanks.net/wordpress/knowledge-ba...ll-trader/
says 25% block bonus for each weapon upgrade

in game
20 % bonus each creep upgrade

could you help me out? 2* 20 % every 5 min?
+ can we get a command to check for the blocked damage?
like -kinetic or something like that

The shield becomes more effective, when more allied tanks are protected by it.
--> is this just a general statement or somehow involved in the reduced dmg calculation?
or 1k + xx % for each person?
Ah ... you reminded of the terrible thing I still have to do .... update the knowledge base. The information in the game is correct.

So yes, it would be 40% more blocked damage every 5 minutes + those upgrades that you buy. Also, do you really think it's necessary to add a command for that? I mean, the base block is 1000 ;)
So if your team had 7 upgrades, you just multiply that by 200 and tada: 1400 + 1000 = 2400
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
i thought it was 40 % on top of each 40 % --> 1000*1,4^xSmile
guess i can do the math then :p

please check my 2nd question above
It works like this:
when one tank is under the shield, the damage that the tanks takes will be substracted by 100% from the blockable damage.

Example: The shield can still block 1000 damage and the tank takes 500 damage, those 500 damage will be substracted from the shield and he will be left with 50% of his total blockable damage

When there are two tanks under the shield and one of them takes damage, 50% of that damage will be substracted from the blockable damage (33% when there are 3 tanks, 25% with 4, etc).

Example: The shield can still block 1000 damage and one tank takes 500 damage, 250 damage will be substracted from the shield and he will be left with 75% of his total blockable damage. If both tanks would be hit by 500 damage, the total blockable damage would actually be reduced by those 500 damage.

I hope you can see where I'm going with this. This mechanic has been implemented mainly, so that aoe skills would not simply destroy the shield. In other words: when there are 5 tanks under the shield and all of them take the same damage (from an aoe skill for example), then bascially the damage the skill dealt to a single tank, will be taken from the shield. This is the same, as if one tank would be under the shield and take the same damage.

But if there are more than one tank under the shield and only one tank takes damage from a certain source (for example a tank weapon), only a certain percentage of that taken damage will be taken from the shield ( = damage / number of tanks under the shield ). This is why it says, that the shield becomes more efficient, when there are more tanks under it.

I hope this wasn't too confusing :) But it was pretty hard to explain a concept like this in a short tooltip.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
thanks a lotSmile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clarify tooltips of armors / Question about weapon damage griffin1987 1 2,398 2014-03-01, 17:12:43
Last Post: Exodus
  New shield: balance problems RAF_Fenix 1 2,594 2013-01-01, 20:24:06
Last Post: EarthR
  Question for site admin: Map file names in Bnet RedNova 6 4,145 2008-05-13, 22:32:44
Last Post: Vomitus
  Mines question Batto 3 2,772 2008-03-14, 12:21:28
Last Post: Batto
  TROOP COMMAND QUESTION! WANNA GET RID OF THIS SHIT? TKF 18 7,547 2007-11-05, 13:46:13
Last Post: TKF