Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rage against the morron with the bow...
Thumbs Down 
Hey,

In most of the games i played, i saw Bow being used by morrons mid to leech creeps from their mates while those mates were fighting the opposite players. As a result :
- Players economy unbalance : One player, mostly the less skilled OR the more selfless of the trio, ends up underfed, while most of bow users becomes fed enough to do... nothing in the first half an hour. Because most of bow users are willingly fucking their team to get a little more gold to buy... third tier tank (and meanwhile they don't really play but farm instead), or airshit (and in this case i feel like to commit nerdslaughter)
- Team vs team and Mid vs Side unbalance : The amount of money the "bow fucked mid crew" gets is usually lower, because instead of making kills 3v3, we endure 2v3 in the PVP game, and we kill less people than we could, because the morron with the bow creeps peacefully.
- The spirit of the game is also harmed, because the enjoy of the two other players is wasted by the morron with the bow. Why would the 2 others fight hard to get real players kills, 2v3, while the morron with a bow doesnt give a shit about the pvp fight and just steal his mates creeps and do nothing about PVP ?

I really hate this shit weapon, and when i see a player with it in my team, i really don't want to play with him, because he will steal creeps from me, and as a reward, being useless to me. Many players think likewise...

Therefore, i suggest the removal of the bow from Battle Tanks, and request the feedback of other players about this bow issue.
:D "you see whole replay and then come back to say please!"Big Grin
===== FAM_Nexes... To be continued... GodStrongArms, Nexes, Canneton =====
I like bow starts and do them myself.

Also I don't like your choice of words, they sorta make me feel like you won't consider any other opinion than yours anyway.
true Prog, post went part out of anger.

But look, you have to admit that aside a few good players who are able to compensate the bow by a decent choice of skils to help the two teammates mid, most of people take it to leech... leech.. leech, and leech again without providing anything from the extra gold they unfairly got that way.
When i don't explode straight when i see a "nice guy helping so much with his bow", i try to explain those players that creeps WILL die anyway, either under others players weapons, either on towers (if you are really pushed bad mid). Unlike other players, who will die only (except for kamikaze) if you actively take part in their killings.

This kind of repeted behavior in games gives me really a hard time to consider anything else than "bow sucks and fucks up game mid". In the same spirit, some players would certainly like a starting weapon, anti hero only (even if grenade can be close to that vs air tanks). That would even be more logical because BT seems to be more PVP oriented game than "green td like". But doing such a thing would unbalance game oppositely, but in the same fashion, by being uneffective against careful players, and then making the anti-hero starting weapon weaker than his mates.

A fair starting weapon is a weapon that doesn't disavantage your mates without bringing a competitive advantage to the whole party middle. Long range weapons may be boring, but well used they allow you to control the space mid in exchange for the possible better creeping you get out of it. Because it targets players as well, so opponents fears it and go away from its range when they feel in danger.

What does bow brings to the mates who play with you ? Especially when the guy upgrades his bow and focuses on creeps because that's what his tank passively kills the best ?
You have to wait than he buys... his elektro canon, or swarm, or in some case torpedo, to dps players too, and makes the gap bigger between his mates and himself because he'll have straight a "10 to 30 mins weapon class" when the others still struggle. Or a tank, but then he'll have a hard time to dps anything... Except if he buys elektro tank for the aura, or ghost tank for the ghosts, or... heavy for the good rocket it provides. Or maybe he'll wait earth or demon. Decent to good players do that, and may be able to compensate their lack of pvp dps with good usage of skills. But that's a 10 to 20% rate of users, and the begin of a battle tanks game must be "balance oriented", and not create immediately a disavantage for the team which gets the back luck to have a crippled bow user amongst them.

Really, i wonder if there are as much pros as there are cons about this "bow" being present ingame. Or I don't, but let's show myself open to others points of view, especially those well explained and argumented. ^^
:D "you see whole replay and then come back to say please!"Big Grin
===== FAM_Nexes... To be continued... GodStrongArms, Nexes, Canneton =====
I started playing recently, 16 games I have. So not much experience, BUT I am into other similar games.
My opinion would be; it can be simply for pushing AND getting sure gold, other good weapons may or may not get creep gold, so 'at least' bow buy gets gold.
AND pushes the lane well, (if that is desired, but in solo playing it is hard to communicate if you want to push the lane or not, at least for now for how much I have played)
That would be kinda, other side of your first post, right? ; )
A good player with bow will outfarm his two mates therefore create two weak players. If a single lane fails it is almost a lost game.
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
Same for Scout.
But i agree with Prog: I do it too sometimes and ss long as someone knows how to use the gold, there is no problem with someone being stronger than the 2 others and taking the lead.
Unfortunately Raptor, most of bow users don't know how to use their gold, or use it for selfish issues. I'm not talking about skilled players of course.

But I don't think bow should be removed from btanks. If offers some possibilities for the team who play with this guy AND for the opposite team : you just need to be patient, don't try to attack (2vs3...) and then most of bow users are fucked up later in the game. Most of them (again not the pro guys) buy long range after bow, or heavy tank... :/
If you just want to talk about what "most" players do, there would be a topic like this about any weapon/tank.
As was already mentioned it always leads to unnecessary arguments , weakening eco of particular players for single benefits tend to being used ineffectively .
in public it is like 20 to 30 % of ppl do that , so it is pretty common , in the end they buy like 3 bows and upgrade and then later they sold it to buy other weapons
it at least reduce your opp ragequit rate
Qualify stupidity. There are less morons like this in ranked.
reduce ppl ragequit rate = good + 1 haha
keep that weapon +1
now we need more tanks and updates