Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranked Bot
Suggestion to fill ranked bot "faster" Smile :

Ranked Bot should start hosting ranked games at a specific time like e.g. 6pm (CEST)

So there is at least a chance to have some ranked games each day Angel

If ELO formula is compatible, or can be made compatible while remaining mostly balanced with the usual 5v5 ELO system, would it be possible and not a problem to add something like that :
- When 8 players eligible are in the lobby, a command becomes avalaible : !4v4. Another command becomes valaible then : !yes and !no. If a certain number says !yes (let's say 6/8), then 10 secs later the countdown is triggered and the game starts.
4v4 doesn't denature too much the game. 3v3 and lower is something else, but with a low pool of player some compromises may have to be made.

To add some previsibility to the ranked schedule without sacrificing too much freedom and spontaneity, the bot could open only in the first 10 mins of every half an hour, and remain opened after those 10 mins only if we have a 8/10 or if a game ended in the 2 last minutes. An announce of the schedule and the current status of the ranked bot could also be spammed every 30 secs or minute into the qualify lobby, with extra informations like average ELO of players present in the ranked lobby, or/and min-max ELO present. Why not player names even ?

Then combine both systemsBig Grin
:D "you see whole replay and then come back to say please!"Big Grin
===== FAM_Nexes... To be continued... GodStrongArms, Nexes, Canneton =====
just close the qualify bot for the players who played already 25 qualify games and they will join league...
Some players would join ranked, but i guess most of them will create new accounts.
Anyway, players with 100+ penalty points or average stayrate last 20 games <85% need to play qualify. ^^

Last months ranked nearly starts at around 6pm CEST.
All people should already recognize it, but some
still waiting in ranked lobby hours before and leave
frustrated to join qualify.
A specific ranked bot hosting time could decrease waiting time
in ranked lobby, because people may join bot at nearly same time.

I also think we should attract more players to join the ranked bot.
I think there are many players who want to play ranked game, but they just don't want to wait for so long, so they go to qualify bot.

My suggestion:

1. players who must go to qualify
less than 20 games, or stay time less than 85% in the last 20 games.

2. players who may go to ranked
>= 20 games, and stay time >=85% in the last 20 games

3. players who must go to ranked (cannot join qualify)
>= 50 games, and stay time >=95% in all games played
We could make it even sticker, like 100+ games and >=97% stay.

1 and 2 is like what we have now.
3 will push the good (or serious) players to join ranked bot.

If they want to create new account for qualify bot, they can always do it. But by default, we are trying to make them play ranked.
They can also quit ranked games on purpose, to lower their stay time rate, so that they can play qualify. But i doubt a player with life time 95%+ stay would do it for this stupid reason.

What do you guys think?
There's another reason for players to play qualify : they are bored from ranked players only playing for the win and flaming all around because they don't play good enough. Maybe that changed recently but I doubt that...

So, since there are less players day after day, maybe adding a command !votestart could be good too, to play 4vs4 or anything and not to count it in ranking. I mean every game which is not 5vs5 wouldn't count (if it's possible). The advantage is : there is still ranked requirement to join those kind of games.
I know what you will tell : make private game. But there are not a lot of good players still playing unfortunately and making priv is almost impossible, even with the facebook group or the skype group...

But I think your idea is good anyway. Maybe better than mine, but I think some players won't be happy if they are "forced" to play ranked. And if they want to play in the morning or anytime ranked just can't start, they won't be able to do it...
1.Ranked
a) Minimum average stay 80% with 20 games played
b) Running time (game start) each day for 8h ( 3p.m-11p.m CEST )

2.Qualify
c) Minimum average stay 95% with average stay intervals {0-80%} ; {95-100%} only for ->  Ranked running time
d) Players do not need met Qualify bot requirements for remaining 16h

There are dozens of qualify players whose average stay varies in interval 80-95% who are still not convinced to Ranked ofc they can make a new account nevertheless by no means it would not destroy reputation of Ranked. The result can occur with population drop in Qualy and shifting some drop into population growth in Ranked.

How about giving it a try for 2 weekends of November?
[Image: 2qltmpx.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't join Ranked Games... DaFR34K 5 4,128 2015-10-21, 23:18:11
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Bots down (QUALI+RANKED) RAF_Fenix 2 2,777 2014-10-20, 18:48:24
Last Post: eSVau
Smile what about a skype group for ranked/intern games? stibi- 29 21,446 2014-04-27, 00:14:14
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  why ban me in ranked game? guangzhou265 2 3,451 2014-04-26, 22:40:59
Last Post: eSVau
  BTanks League RANKED #40631 EarthR 0 1,501 2014-02-07, 19:08:40
Last Post: EarthR