Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What about "-draw" option
Usually people don't like 4vs5 at the beginning of a game when someone was disconnected due to connection problem, or when there was sabotage :@ ... So in order to make everyone happy without losing points :D , the -draw option might be intresting. Both team need all players types -draw. But the question is, is it possible or not  :huh:
I AM THE FAKER OF BTANKS !  :D
full appreciation of any ideas but the current map version is likely to stay unchanged
[Image: 2qltmpx.png]
I think even if this was to be introduced there a few factors that might never bring this option in to play.

-General community of tanks players is pretty horrible no common sense even from some of the better players
-Games are not frequent people not want to restart a game after waiting an hour for it to start
-Language barriers and just people not drawing.

The only thing I could possibly suggest if 70% players wish to draw then it would be an automatic draw.
Possibly use this suggestion and only allow a draw in the first 5 minutes or after 2 hours it will need to well thought out .
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
in general, systems don't fail, but players do. most players would probably take the benefit of some startup leaver rather than ending the game early by a draw, since it would take quite some time again to get another game to start with the full amount of players. and by having a fixed amounts of votes needed, players could easily manipulate their league states by just ending a game in a draw.

we've had a discussion about this somewhere once before, but i couldn't find it just now.
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
There is this thread : http://btanks.net/forum/showthread.php?t...light=draw
Not that it lead to much .....went off topic at the end

There are things we could do but at the end of the day every idea i have might be ruined by playersTongue.
There is no harm in trying something like a draw can be initiated in 5 first minutes if someone disconnects but the player who disconnected still receives penalty.

Still i can see ways people could manipulate the system, but really if you where to restart the game and try do it again with the same players no teams would change theoretically.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
If players manipulate their league states by voting draw, so Admin just need to make a new rule.

Draw only use for: disconnection at the beginning, and sabotage. If not => banned; like the rule on abuse kick.

"since it would take quite some time again to get another game to start with the full amount of players." => It might be true, but if its just 1 player who disconnected at start, the others 9 players are still here, so if need a remake, maybe they just need to wait 1 more player.
I AM THE FAKER OF BTANKS !  :D

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Draw> BENNIE.FM 5 4,914 2015-03-17, 23:12:51
Last Post: Wapiti.
  Mute Option psycodiver 3 3,632 2011-04-19, 19:01:26
Last Post: Exodus
  Add kicking option: -kick <playername> <condition> scron2 4 3,637 2011-02-15, 09:54:27
Last Post: Velocity2k
  switch or option to disable KICK command Battlemaniac 8 5,061 2010-02-22, 16:52:45
Last Post: IlPalazzo
  New quick option "5k hb". Doomhammer112 19 10,286 2009-06-26, 15:15:02
Last Post: Dr.McNinja