Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arcitect and the Pacifista Tactic
Architect is a "tank" which is annoying to play against because of its excellent ultimate summon ability which is very good vs cp captures. Also due to its ability to stun, it sometimes stops the targetet unit.

Personally I hate to play against this tank, and even end game tanks might have problems playing against architect.  The Architect shows that average players can is being used to play this tank can become quite hard opponents with this tank.

The problem with this tank is that it cost only 6000, and with such good ultimate ability its as good as demon tank in many cases. However I feel this tank is much better than equivalent tanks at same costs. Actually I kinda find it a unbalancing element in btanks, what do you think of it?

Pacifista advantages
  1. Good hp, damage sharing
  2. Explodes on death, effective for CP captures
  3. Extra set of inventory
  4. Very good hp regen
  5. Can pick up healing runes
  6. You can actually use a tactic save a lot of gold beacuse of the summon
  7. Extended range: You don't need to stay very close and you suffer less close combat damage
Pacifista disadvantages
  1. When dead, items carried are not available
  2. When dead and ulti is still on cd, Architect is more vulnerable
  3. Harder to manage than other tanks, more micromanagement
  4. More difficult to defend CP's if pacifista is far away
  5. ...
However I feel that this tanks can ruin a nice game, because of this "untraditional" tank which makes a balanced game , less fun to play. Balancing this tank is hard, but I think the element of high regen makes it much better than any other creep summons, like ghost tank you must use its ulti to heal creeps, architect only need to pull back pacifista to let it regen its hp up. Also the feature of death explosion damage is also a reason why this is hard to fight.

Replay:
In this game I decided to pick the architect. I eventually put 2 axes on it, then when enemy team got 2 sky forts it became harder, so I put 2 AA guns on it for fun. Although I sucked a bit in this game, especially at start, i actually bought so much expensive items that changing tank would result of selling 1 or 2 expensive items so I decided to stay with this tank in this game. The replay shows that this tank can take up to several end game tanks at the very end of replay, utilizing the extra inventory set to its full potential. The fun part is that enemy sky forts used its ulti on the pacifista  :D.

This replay might not represent the best way of playing arcitect, but its a good example that it can be used in end games. I'm only used this about 10-15 times.

I feel the pacifista is a bit to strong, I suggest to nerf it a bit, maybe by (several suggestions)...
  • Reducing its hp regen
  • Decreasing its active distance from architect
  • Slowing it down a bit
  • Decrease the armor
  • Reduce its max hp a bit
  • Increase the base cost of Architect, keep the same hp
Applying maybe only one of these suggestions maybe.

Just my opinion

Attached Files
.w3g   Arcitect Play to the end game.w3g (Size: 2.88 MB / Downloads: 281)
extra set of inv....... is ok you just have to loot useless weapons from the junkyard
anyway i rarely use him so not sure on how good it is

my suggestion is reduce its max hp -3000 and regen - 5% and increase its boom radius and attack by 20 , it rarely attack ppl with its melee
also + mana needed for it by 10 to 20

i suggest you need to add hull onto him to make him happy like a tank or big explode........... with bombs and etc for his boom radius
I dont really think it's that overpowered, his mid game is pretty bad unless mega fed. I think only bash removal and pacifista hp/regen (on later ups and lvls) should be checked.
It can ruin qualify games cuz there's lots of feed on lanes, and no teamwork.

I've been trying arch on ranked it's hasn't been that easy:

http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=43231
http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=43227
http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=43200

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pacifista op griffin1987 17 12,452 2013-04-14, 19:42:33
Last Post: eSVau