Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Battle tanks for dota 2 initiative
Hello, I hope the admins/creators will take note of this little thread
Me and a friend of mine are old time players of battle tanks, and also big fans of it, and we thought it`s time to try and port it to a newer platform than warcraft3. So we thought why not do it for dota 2?

pros:
- newer graphics
- particle effects, map editors, and model customisation fairly easy to use
- there already is an early port of battleships in game, so it proves that it is possible
-big comunity so it would get a lot of attention
- the game is free to play entirely so it attracts a lot of people

cons:
-it will take some time to develop from scratch again

Me and my friend would like to offer ourselves as developers for the game mod.
I am a 3d modeller, with some dota workshop background, and with minimal animation skills, so i can work on missing assets and tanks if needed
My friend is more code inclined, and could work on the map`s scripts.

We just need the accord of the official map developers and we could start working on it.
Also we would apreciate if they would pitch in for the work, but for now, their accord is enough for us to start doing the map design port

Cheers
I haven't spoken with the others yet, but I guess we would appreciate a DotA2 version of Battle Tanks for sure. 

About that "con" - yes, time will be a problem, we've seen quite a few attempt of porting BT to SC2 (which would have suited well with the SciFi scenario) or standalone versions or big business/money plans or whatever, but every single one has stopped or was never heard of again  :(
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
k then. we`ll start working on the map in a bit (about a week or so). if we won`t be able to finish it for various reasons, well find a way to send you what we have accomplished.
(2015-08-30, 09:23:13)No Pie For You Wrote: k then. we`ll start working on the map in a bit (about a week or so). if we won`t be able to finish it for various reasons, well find a way to send you what we have accomplished.

I want to see this
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
(2015-09-02, 06:03:59)BENNIE.FM Wrote:
(2015-08-30, 09:23:13)No Pie For You Wrote: k then. we`ll start working on the map in a bit (about a week or so). if we won`t be able to finish it for various reasons, well find a way to send you what we have accomplished.

I want to see this

Are you guys working on it?
(2015-10-07, 22:54:17)unpredictable_m Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 06:03:59)BENNIE.FM Wrote:

I want to see this

Are you guys working on it?

Still no response. The game is cool and imo it have more potential than Battle Ships. Please, make it happen. I can help with some social media spam(reddit, facebook, chats, forums etc.)
hello, some months passed. and we made no progress what so ever. I don`t have enough knowledge of the map edittor to do anything in it, and my friend doesn`t know where to start with the coding. so we will stop. I am sorry for being another one of the time wasters.

However, i decided that i need more models for my personal portofolio. sooo even if any of them will never being used, i will make my interpretations of the tanks. I don`t promise they will be detailed, i also have no time schedule for them. but as soon as i will finish one, i`ll post it here. For starters i will make rough models, but if anyone likes what they see, then i can go into details.

May i ask for permission to make a new thread?

here is my first one, although unfinished:
The hunter- a futuristic style one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  STARCRAFT 2 - BATTLE TANKS Paladon 290 253,245 2012-11-25, 17:46:46
Last Post: -M0541K-