Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stealth Item
I suggest to add a new item which causes your tank to disappear from enimies mini map. It would be a great item for people aiming for CPs. It could be countered by people having a radar, which makes the radar much more useful. Introducing this item would make weaker players still useful, because they can by the stealth item and go for cps, or they can buy a radar and warn other team mates when a stealth player is headding for a cp. In my opinion, this will inscrease the importance of team play, because weak players, which would simply feed and don't play an important role during the combat, will become important for team. Furthermore, one item slot is quit important for the very good players, so they will likely not use it for a radar or a stealth item. So the main contributation is, that this concept of stealth and radar can turn weak player that will be just feeding into usefull parts of the team. Suggestions are always appreciated.

So long, haz0r
"That's the way it is with any powerful tool: There's always more to learn, and there are always better ways to do what you've done before." D. E. Knuth
hm.. i think you only want to use it for backdooring ^^
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Vanishing from the minimap... I think it sounds interesting... maybe with a time limit? lasts 7 seconds, CD: 50 ?
I don't think that's even possible to accomplish within Warcraft.
Good idea, but it's not possible with warcraft. At least it would be very difficult (means I know no way yet), because it is a static option for each unit type.

Anyways, that idea of helping weak players to work for the team is great. I mean, letting them buy a radar is quite stupid, because they would not gain any money through it and will fall back even more. However, stealthing for cps and so on is something I personally try when I am no longer able to fight my enemies 1 on 1.

Maybe you could even change the trading system so much, that any player in the game can trade goods at any time to earn some additional money. For the fighters this would not be of any use, because they get more money by fighting, but something like an alternative way to earn money may be a chance for players in a bad situation, they will have some more fun and additionally they maybe stop feeding the enemy. Very difficult to balance and a lot of work....

I hope the overall idea is not forgotten and some other people will think about it, too. I will open a new thread for this.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Backpack item? gozo1985 4 4,454 2014-01-12, 02:52:21
Last Post: BtankNoob
  New item idea: Titanium Hull psycodiver 8 6,494 2014-01-12, 02:49:37
Last Post: BtankNoob
  Item Buy Hotkeys Exodus 8 8,022 2012-11-30, 12:58:40
Last Post: AeroniumX
  New Item Wupti 10 9,104 2012-09-03, 01:26:23
Last Post: Wupti
  Teleport Breaker as Inventory Item griffin1987 10 7,873 2011-09-09, 22:14:56
Last Post: progg