Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hulls And speed
I was thinking sometime ago that hulls do to their added weight should reduce speed by a small amount, iron -5 speed, steel -10, gold -15 maybe.

This would add a new more in depth builds like, should i go all hp and be slow or less hp and fast, having a sky tank with 2 gold hulls and going 512 speed is crazy if you ask me.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
That would reduce possible strategies, as something like heli->inf/sky fort would be impossible with the speed loss due to 2+ hulls.
whot?
causes new balancing issues...
and weapons should slow the tank by weight too? omg :lol:
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Prog Wrote:That would reduce possible strategies, as something like heli->inf/sky fort would be impossible with the speed loss due to 2+ hulls.
So what? Air tanks have already a major advantage because of their mobility. And although they have little less hp the cost hull(s) is still cheaper than the cost of the speed bost for the ground tanks.
Or how many light tanks, demolishers saving up for one of the final tanks have you seen so far?
My suggestion would be: -5 for every hull a tank carries.
RaptorXI Wrote:
Prog Wrote:That would reduce possible strategies, as something like heli->inf/sky fort would be impossible with the speed loss due to 2+ hulls.
So what? Air tanks have already a major advantage because of their mobility. And although they have little less hp the cost hull(s) is still cheaper than the cost of the speed bost for the ground tanks.
Or how many light tanks, demolishers saving up for one of the final tanks have you seen so far?

So basicaly your argument is what? I claim it's bad to lose strategic variety, you say it's not because other strategies are impossible as well? I don't get it, please enlight me.
The question is why builds like heli => inf is possible and light tank => frost is impossible (at least versus very good players). Air tanks just have a major advantage because they can use the use the map terrain better.
And aren't you against Normal Modus?
RaptorXI Wrote:The question is why builds like heli => inf is possible and light tank => frost is impossible (at least versus very good players). Air tanks just have a major advantage because they can use the use the map terrain better.

Heli to inf is less possible than light to frost...
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
lol althend is noob !! towards the suggestion no i agree with prog.
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
BENNIE.FM Wrote:lol althend is noob !! towards the suggestion no i agree with prog.
wtf are u flaming huh?^^

Boob.fm loves meBig Grin
RaptorXI Wrote:The question is why builds like heli => inf is possible and light tank => frost is impossible (at least versus very good players). Air tanks just have a major advantage because they can use the use the map terrain better.

I still don't get your argument. The question here is about implementing something (hull reducing speed). I claim that is not a good idea because it might have negative influence on strategic variety. I don't see how an air tank advantage connects wirth that argument.

And i'm in no way against normal mode (except for league ranking, as it is extremly hard to balance valueing trader/exploder in a system which does not only rely on win/lose).
I give up.
Tom-Ace Wrote:I was thinking sometime ago that hulls do to their added weight should reduce speed by a small amount, iron -5 speed, steel -10, gold -15 maybe.

This would add a new more in depth builds like, should i go all hp and be slow or less hp and fast, having a sky tank with 2 gold hulls and going 512 speed is crazy if you ask me.

i like the idea, that is how Battle Ships works.

and it makes logical sense; based on "real" physics

that will require new strategies, which is good.

and you should be able to to combine hulls with speed upgrade, like there is in Battle Ship, that you can merge both items together
i could ONLY imgine this with 2 different changes:

1) buff the speed of cheap/early tanks compared to more expensive tanks.
2) buff hulls to make up for the nerf of speed reduction.

then it could be interesting, but only adding the speed debuff would in no way create more strategies, but remove some.
Quote:i like the idea, that is how Battle Ships works.
-.- this btanks right???.... bships is copied and not cool...
anyway i agree with indete stay the speed as it is now...
i dont think anything is unbalanced atm
Battlemaniac Wrote:and it makes logical sense; based on "real" physics
if u want real physics stop playing computergames and feel how it is to get a football in ya face :lol:
... and again: all weapons and items should have this weight shit too..
or is it realistic that only hulls got weight??

It wouldn't reduce the possible strategies, it would merely change the strategies that will work...
If the hull is buffed to compensate for the speed reduction, the Heli -> Infernal/Sky Fortress build could still be very possible. On the upside, it would also allow a greater number of late-game sniper builds to come into play, which tends to lose effectiveness as players begin to purchase Speed Packs, teleporters, and short ranged weapons. It would also make it a little easier to use targeting and channeling spells - particularly the Ghost Tank's Life Steal/Ghost Units, Heavy Tank's Ultimate, Demolisher's Artillery Shot, etc.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
I am against. It would increase the power of saving strategy. Going to bigger tanks would be even more important.
It's true that you could try to compensate the loss by buffing, but the implications of buffing hulls are unpredictable in my opinion. We could easily see something like scouts only in mid again if the values are not chosen cautiously (which is by no means impossible, but is neither easy). I don't think it is worth the effort with the league, a tournament and sc2 on the way. It's better to focus on those instead of rebalancing a lot.

On another note: What do you refer to with "late-game sniper builds"? Mass long range? I doubt most people want to see that ones come into play more often.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please restore Air Ship speed to 460... RAF_Fenix 11 7,292 2014-03-23, 09:41:21
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
Information 2 new consumable speed items Flygplan 0 2,183 2013-12-13, 14:15:15
Last Post: Flygplan
  Increase heavy missile speed griffin1987 4 4,243 2013-08-28, 06:17:04
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Restriction of speed raven.ru 3 3,266 2011-05-20, 21:23:51
Last Post: TKF
  little improvement of the speed upgrade for tanks toob 8 4,509 2009-11-27, 01:43:10
Last Post: Brule