Poll: What to do with Guards Tank Cannon?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nothing, its perfectly fine as it is
28.57%
6 28.57%
I like the 1st Alternative
38.10%
8 38.10%
I like the 2nd Alternative
14.29%
3 14.29%
Read the completely new and awesome Alternative i posted here
4.76%
1 4.76%
I couldn't care less about the Guard and his Cannon thingy
14.29%
3 14.29%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tank Cannon Guard
VuDu Wrote:I get Guard on 15th minute and i have 2-3 weapons and hull/speed pack
But still he has 2-3 weapons which are not bad

Impossible in 3k gold games with 2-3 ~2k+ weapons and hull or upgraded speed (i guess you mean that, as speed pack is 6k). For every other weapon combination the tank cannon nearly doubles the damage at least, so it does not provide valid arguements against tank cannon.

AGGInator Wrote:if you creep enogh its no problem.
with bow and "fast tank" i get the thunder in 4-7 mins... or the enemys feed you enough to get it fastSmile

4 Minutes is obviously impossible in 3k gold games, 7 minutes is impossible against reasonable opponents as well.
[quote]Impossible in 3k gold games with 2-3 ~2k+ weapons and hull or upgraded speed (i guess you mean that, as speed pack is 6k). For every other weapon combination the tank cannon nearly doubles the damage at least, so it does not provide valid arguements against tank cannon.
/quote]

Yes I do not mean speed pack I mean upgraded steal hull or not upgraded speed boost. Speed pack is on 20th minute or another weapon. Also I don't start like fighter .. I start with cheap tank like light tank or scout or helicopter. I think that answers your questions and sorry for the pack thing I was thinking of the speed boost.
I would like more towers in BT - http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2210
Prog Wrote:So you basicaly say "noone ever wants to play starting tank + 1.5-2k weapon -> guard, so it doesnt matter if that is impossible" and "180 dmg/sec (lvl 3) is not relevant (equals more than 2 basic magics!)"?

Sry, but that is just plain wrong. You underestimate the tank cannon and the possiblities due to it.

Basic magic cost 1111 and does 74dps, upgraded it cost 1666 with 111 dps so you can buy 2 for 3332 gold and does 222dps, it also has 49 more range.

On a different point whats wrong with you people O.o we have 24 tanks in BT 20 of them are only combat tanks all you guys seem to want is combat tanks, if all you want to do is get guns and run around you have 20 to pick from.

BT tanks feel like cardboard cutouts anymore there is a big checklist to go by with no real difference in the tanks you get, the tanks that i feel are different are, scout, hunter, earth, medi, and titan.

And why do you keep talking abound rooting and never moving who does that just because you remove cannon does not mean you cant move, you guys get so defensive about removing cannon you don't even think about putting up an idea for a new skill that could make the guard much better and fun.

All i heard from anti hb crowd was don't get so defensive about it think of a new mode help us, so i did.

The truth is i see battle tanks as nothing more then Gank Tanks atm only goal for most people and the way dev is going on the game is to KILL KILL KILL as many tanks as one can, well i have a news flash i don't know if any of you know this but the team that destroys the other teams headquarters wins, not the team with most kills or most guns or biggest tanks.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
Tom-Ace Wrote:On a different point whats wrong with you people O.o we have 24 tanks in BT 20 of them are only combat tanks all you guys seem to want is combat tanks, if all you want to do is get guns and run around you have 20 to pick from.
At first: You are right, there are much more fighter tanks than support tanks.

Second: In The Game, there are at the end ~10 Tanks, which make sense to take em and perhaps 2 Supporttanks. I think, these tanks are enough.

@Thread itself: I think, the cannon should be stay as a creep cannon with 1300 range. Make sense for a guard tank.
Tom-Ace Wrote:On a different point whats wrong with you people O.o we have 24 tanks in BT 20 of them are only combat tanks all you guys seem to want is combat tanks, if all you want to do is get guns and run around you have 20 to pick from.

BT tanks feel like cardboard cutouts anymore there is a big checklist to go by with no real difference in the tanks you get, the tanks that i feel are different are, scout, hunter, earth, medi, and titan.

The truth is i see battle tanks as nothing more then Gank Tanks atm only goal for most people and the way dev is going on the game is to KILL KILL KILL as many tanks as one can, well i have a news flash i don't know if any of you know this but the team that destroys the other teams headquarters wins, not the team with most kills or most guns or biggest tanks.

The long term and most tangible way to get an edge on your opponent is to surpass him in gold... Right now, this means you have to outfarm him or you have to kill him. Naturally, this means ALL "useful" tanks need to have some combat capability, save the Trader which has another way to obtain gold. You have to rethink the gold system to make it more consistent and advantageous for support tanks if you want to give them a balanced place in the game.

Since pure support tanks rely on their team rather than themselves to win the game, they can be overpowered with the right team or completely gimped with a bad team, the only way to have reliable/balanced support tank in this system is to give them some combat capabilities to add to their support skills.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
@Palazzo I understand what you saying but a tank cannon does not make the guard a killer never did never will.

I like Ger-Dyers-Eve idea about a 1300 creep cannon its something that fits the guard, i don't find a mid range cannon that attacks everything useful for the guard, i have never seen a guard used as a tank killer.

How about this everyone here that reads this and has a strong ideal of how guard should be, go play 4-5 games and only get guard and don't get cannon, of all the times i have played guard i have gotten cannon less then 10% i would say, how can you not put points to root, summons and insta heal? I would say insta heal is by far the best skill.

Oh, Death,

Oh, Death, оh Death,
The tank cannon is OK. It makes sense for people who will use guard as a fighter. ¬¬
The new 8.70 guard will most likely be more supportive than before, so there's no point in taking out the cannon. If you hate it so much just go all into healing, insta healing and rooting

If i were to change that cannon, i would put one that has a bonus when rootedBig Grin
How about a built in TP Breaker? Every minute it can prevent one warp and you can click the ability to set where the warpee will be pulled to?
Btanks fan since version 4US
I don't know why it happened by I can fix it!
Just to let you know: The guard in current 8.70 release still got his tank cannon. If we find a solution we will include it in the next version.

The 1st Alternative (Replace the Tank Cannon with a passive skill which upgrades/buffs the treants the Guard spawns) is not really a feasible solution because the treants already get improved with increasing lvl (not only the lifetime).
Here is a replay of a team of guards, its not a ''pro'' game but its fun to watch and to see what guard can do

Attached Files
.w3g   Replay_2010_05_02_0027.w3g (Size: 395.14 KB / Downloads: 131)

Oh, Death,

Oh, Death, оh Death,
It's so funny to see how the tree army is moving. Reminds me of a known book and movie.Big Grin
Plase move this to the topic: Guard Replays (http://btanks.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3145).
all guard skills are now usable without being rooted, but are not as effective like while using rooted. except the tank cannon. so i suggest to replace the tank cannon with one of the suggested solutions only while the guard is rooted and let the tank cannon for players who doesnt root.
best solutions for everyone i think
Anti-HighBounty Alliance has wonBig Grin
[Image: btanksia6.jpg]
Tom-Ace Wrote:Here is a replay of a team of guards, its not a ''pro'' game but its fun to watch and to see what guard can do
LOL.. the ROFLcopter got me^^
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  crazywolf777 Tank Ideas crazywolf777 2 3,231 2014-01-24, 11:04:12
Last Post: crazywolf777
  it is time for us to get a radar van / tank 091846 2 3,311 2013-07-11, 17:15:29
Last Post: 091846
  Exploder tank Max 7 6,617 2013-04-29, 02:26:29
Last Post: gozo1985
  New Tank: Siege Tank TKF 1 4,195 2013-02-27, 08:08:35
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Architect splash cannon autocast eSVau 12 9,088 2012-08-30, 22:42:17
Last Post: decio