Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Load Screen
Battle Tanks is one of the only big name Wc3 maps out there that does not have a custom load screen, i would like to ask everyone that can or is willing to try to make a load screen for it or give out good ideas.
I myself am making one at the moment, if you do attempt to make a load screen try to keep the file size low.

And if we all come up with some good screens maybe Paladon and Velo will like it and put it in. Big Grin
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
Well my suggestion is to make something like dota some tanks vs some tanks and maybe in the middle to put the titan like killing almost all of them.
I would like more towers in BT - http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2210
VuDu Wrote:...something like dota...
idea dropped... ^^
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
Saiyuki Wrote:
VuDu Wrote:...something like dota...
idea dropped... ^^
I knew this will happen but still it was a good try ^^
I would like more towers in BT - http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2210
If the development team agrees, i can make one. I've made some before for other personal maps
We already thought about a custom load screen. If we'll find a good one we want to add it asapWink.
I have been trying out different text for load screen this one below is one, and i was wondering what you all think.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
Tom-Ace Wrote:I have been trying out different text for load screen this one below is one, and i was wondering what you all think.

Depends on the rest of the load screen. If you go with a WC3 screenshot of the map, it might seem out of place. It's a decent image, but the colors might not smooth over so well with the Btanks terrain and the graphic seems more of like an old-school Duke Nukem/Doom image than a WC3 one.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
I don't like it.

Velocity2k Wrote:We already thought about a custom load screen. If we'll find a good one we want to add it asapWink.

so you are telling us that you are waiting for someone to do it but you aren't planning to do it?i didn't get the point
:twisted:
Ive already created one some time ago but some problems ocurred:

[attachment=0]

It is based on an artwork from a fan.
However, the quality ingame was horrible and boosted the filesize far too high.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
boah, a very nice loadscreen. i like it very muchSmile

its a pity that it doesnt work as u want itSad
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Paladon Wrote:Ive already created one some time ago but some problems ocurred:

[attachment=0]

It could be reworked as to rise the file size only 100 or 150 kb
EDIT: i have some time and i'm doing itTongue
And the quality would go down straightly i guess.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Other popular maps have big sized loading screens too. I remember the size of one of civ wars, it was 1,4 mb, splitted into 4 images puzlled together for the loading screen.

While it may sound stupid to use the majority of the maps filesize for the loading screen, a 2 mb isnt a big deal to download too.

+1 for better loading screen.
I dont think we need better load screen. I d rather think the loading screen need more datas information on it ^_^
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
this would be nice if you can incorporate the loading bar for each player, i want to see who has loaded and who's still loading.

Paladon Wrote:Ive already created one some time ago but some problems ocurred:

[attachment=0]

who cares about the filesize if it´s below 2mb? but i think there was already a thread where someone wanted to make a leadingscreen but i think the reason why it was not taken was that the filesize was too big or sth like that.

new loading screen - i´m waiting for you :mrgreen:
Quote:While it may sound stupid to use the majority of the maps filesize for the loading screen, a 2 mb isnt a big deal to download too.

not everyone has cable.

I don't think battle tanks should drop its support for users of low-spec machines just yet.
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  loading screen Cdek 111 63,981 2012-01-19, 08:50:21
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  Btank Clans in Loading Screen? LIoOoOoIL 11 7,721 2011-02-23, 19:22:09
Last Post: TKF
  End Screen Summary wait time too long Battlemaniac 4 3,447 2010-02-24, 22:03:55
Last Post: Lezowski