Poll: Which item is better to buy first?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Poison Magic
35.29%
6 35.29%
Teleporter
64.71%
11 64.71%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tp or Poison?
I've seen a lot of different methods of achieving the "close range tp" build that many people strive for. The final result is always of course tp+batteries+poison magic; however, the "ideal" order in which you would get these items I feel has not actually been established among the players. I find myself going teleporter first, but that's only because my playstyle is very gank oriented (if you look at my stats you will see a cptp almost twice as much as the rest of my team usually). I see others getting poison first to improve their dps and farm (my playstyle could naturally use improvement in the farming catergory). Sometimes I compromise and go ice cannon>teleporter>poison. You could argue that one does not function without the other, but the real question is which one functions better on it's own?
Depens on so many variables, like your other equipment, your tank, opponent's tank/equipment, etc. In general teleporter first is better, but there are cases in which poison should be bought first (gobo+net launcher for example, or simply playing Antigrav).

Poison first just because of farming is bad in my opinion. I cannot see any advantage in farming with poison (The team doesn't farm better in total if you have a poison magic and you might get into bad situation due to the range as well).
From my perspective I think is largely depending on your team at the early game.

If your mates are doing well and your team are pushing the opponents at their cps, a tp first could help to get more team kills and higher pressure on the enemies.

But if your team plays bad at the earily game and there is a high risk to lost own cps soon, get a high dps like poision at least can help you to save some cps, because tp cannot help a lot on defense.
(2011-07-22, 09:54:04)olivercamel Wrote: But if your team plays bad at the earily game and there is a high risk to lost own cps soon, get a high dps like poision at least can help you to save some cps, because tp cannot help a lot on defense.

That is a very good point, but I don't agree 100%. If the opponent's cp-towers are destroyed and they do not have a lot of teleporters you can buy a lot of time or even trade cps with using your teleporter well. A big 'if', but still relevant sometimes.
ice, teleporter, poison
Imo that depends on situation and tank you get. For gobo since it's only 1k more expensive than heavy it's usually better to buy tp (+net) first becouse you dmg of weapons+skills are enought to make a kill alone. For demon u need to save 3,5k more while creeping is becomeing much harder, u're usually tier1 tank with not many weapons against tier2 tanks with more weapons in final phsae of saveing. When u finally got demon u have 2 options. Buy tp and kill only guys with not many hp or wait for poison and kill almost whoever you want. The first option is very hard when the oponents team have big advantage and your team simply doesn't dmg them enought. I've played some games when i bought tp first and i regreted it very hard becouse i was unable to neitheir kill nor creep. When u get poison first u creep easy, oponents air tanks are scared of you, couse they know u can instant kill them and u can have poison+tp much faster with choosing poison first.
So in one word - depends on situation on map and the tank u have.
For Thundertank I get TP first, because there is no problem creeping with aura. With heavy tank I would get weapon before TP to make sure my income stays up. If I am mid I need weapons to compete with allies for kills. If I am laned then I can sit defensive and get kills with less weapons. As Prog said, too many variables to generalize. Today I looked and saw 2 rangers on the other team, so TP first was an easy decision.
surely teleport for KillWink
but for Sherreder Poision