Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I would like to see for the official league release :)
I would like a a team win/loss ratio to be displayed.
And...
A number indicating kills (minus) deaths.
It is more important I feel that wins/losses as a team be counted and considered first but...
Individually... I would like to see a kills minus deaths statistic too.
I keep record of my DOTA games and this is the only way I can understand how good I am going.
The forumla is:
(kills minus deaths)/games played or (k-d)/gp
This is a small section of one of my DOTA logs:
01. +07
02. +07
03. +01
04. +05
I have a total of 20 'points' here (kills minus deaths).
Since there is 4 games played it would be 20/4 which yeilds an average of +5 kills per game.
Sometimes the answer is a negative number. Sometimes its a decimal.
I seriously suggest this method of recording for the league games.
Many complain about bad teams making them fail.
This method would provide motivation to play good even though your team fails.

Plz replySmile

EDIT:
I would imagine the statistics to be displayed something like this:

56_____BENNIE.FM _321/123_________11.35

Sure it is not a perfect representation of how good a player is in contrast to others but by adding the kills minus deaths statistic it gives us a greater indication of just how good someone is than just the wins/losses statistic.
I like to play.
I was just thinking of a couple of other statistics that can be displayed:
Disconnects, and kicked by team vote.
These are a couple of important statistics that can also be represented.
I like to play.
I would like to see the new system to be ELO again. But unlike the old one, the distribution of the Points should assure that the distributed summ is +/-0.
If player get a penalty for leaving, the opponent get more points or the team member loose less points.

Furthermoe i'd like to see, to be able to vote on a players personallity. for example -like/-dislike <color/number> <reason> so if you watch the stats, you can see if you are feeding a troll or having a discussion.

3rd I would like to see a low and a high bot.
The low bot is free for all.
The high bot has some minor restrictions like: at least 10 League games, At least 70% staytime, at least in the Top 70% of the league ranking.
This way the "pros" would not suffer to much noobs/feeders/leavers.
And the noobs would have an enviroment where they can learn, without having to play against Top 10% player.

*edit* I'd like to see the kickreasons too */edit*

regards Andibert
Wehr Rächtschreibfeler findet darf sie behallten.

Join a BT Clan!! NOW!!!
I feel more 'pure' statistics are better.
People cannot interpret ELO and combined scores that well.
If pure unrefined statistics are used then everyone can fully understand them.
Its up to the map makers anyway.
I hope they dont go down that same path as the original league...
I like to play.
ELO works best if you do an automatic matchup.
Pure stats are nice to see and should be displayed as well. But they don't tell you how good a player really is. If you only use pure stats and look at two players who have a 20:10 win:loss, that could tell you everything and nothing. Maybe one player played mostly against clan member(because he always joins together with his clanmates), than it would tell you he is a good player. But the other Player plays only random so he played a lot against noobs, so his stats only tell he is average.

If you would only use pure stats you furthermore can not make a beginner server, because most good player would play on the advanced host, but some would play on the noobbot in order to polish their stats and get a higher ranking. If you use ELO you could still polish your pure stats but you won't get ELO points because your enemies are way under your level.

Putting too much focus on kill death ratio is also not good. This would benefit ego players (everyone knows some). These players only play for their own benefit and steal kills where they can (taking away money from players who actually work for their kills). These players often loose games because the enemy team only has watch one player in the late game. Sometimes the player with the best stats fucks the own team. Player like me who try to compensate the flaws of their team, on the other hand, would not benefit from this. There was often games where I did not hesitate to go on a suicide mission to give my team an advantage. That often resulted in me getting all the damage and my team getting all the kills. But if all your teammates have little HP, you have to make sure the enemy has no chance to focus their specials on them. Therefore if a player sacrifices his flawless personal stats for the benefit of the team, ELO would cover this as well.

Bottom line:
Display lots of interesting pure stats YES, but use ELO for the actual player ranking and team matchup.

Kind Regards
Andibert

Join a BT Clan!! NOW!!!
The actual ranking will be ELO-based, ELO points will be biased due game stats.

Some of the tracked stats are:
  • Kills
  • Death
  • KillBounty
  • Creepkills
  • Towerkills
  • TankWorth
  • Level
  • CPTP
  • and some more

I recently took over but i was busy with my exams. I gonna rewrite some of the code base and finishing the missing parts and there need to be fix on map side concerning stats tracking (coupeled with another serious bug).

But i would like to see more suggestions, i may not answer to every single one, but perhabs there will be some nice additional ideasBig Grin
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
I like to see that.
I hope the bias is not too big because that might benefit ego players.

Furthermore even the worst players of a team share a part of the victory.
Quick example:
Team A: One really good player (High ELO) and one really bad player (Low ELO)
Team B: Two normal player (Avg. ELO)
Team A wins because Player 1 plays 40:3, Player 2 only has 1:20.
Even if we would say Player 1 won this game alone and we did not see player 2 being a win factor, he had his part by not screwing the thing up.
The system already expects Player 2 to suck. That is why Team A gets more points than it would if it had two high ELO players. Since not screwing the game up is a big achievement for Player 2 he should not be punished for playing bad, because that was actually what we expected.
On the other hand if both Players had 20:15 Stats the individual win for Player 2 is much bigger than the win of Player 1 because the system only expected player 2 not to screw up, in order to win. But he played as well as Player 1 who was expected to play much better than Player 2.
Therefore the individual ELO should bias the points you get as well.

For me the biasing of of the points you get will be a disadvantage anyway, because i often sacrifice my stats for the benefit of the team. And if you die to give one of your teammates a double or triplekill the stats won't mirror your work.

Join a BT Clan!! NOW!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LEAGUE galadion1 1 2,930 2017-04-14, 21:24:41
Last Post: warrior_cobra
  The league is shittier than ever jojoy 6 5,448 2014-12-20, 13:48:30
Last Post: RaptorXI
  League: Please cap max penalty at 7 RAF_Fenix 5 4,976 2014-12-15, 05:19:04
Last Post: warrior_cobra
  http://league.btanks.net/player.php?playerid=10921 El_Polacco 6 5,645 2014-11-21, 22:29:18
Last Post: El_Polacco
  [league] penalties eSVau 19 22,956 2014-08-18, 22:10:57
Last Post: Bernar_Ali