Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instant build anywhere Portable Towers
So i was having a few games today, and it was a fun siege/strategical game.

and i was thinking during one of the setups that it would have been nice to have those Portable Towers that you can buy in your shops, and then be placed anywhere on the map.
many version of Battle Ships had those towers for sale in the shops.

It was fun and gave more option to people wanting to be a fighter yet be able to build towers at strategical locations.

we all know that tinker and scout can do towers, but they are slooooooooow and weak.

make a tower cost like say 2500 for laser and 1000 for bombard, and make those purchaseable in the shops.

and any weapon/armor upgrade will apply to them as well
In older versions i remember there was such a thing but I think it wasn't balanced like that and also tinker isn't weak or slow if you have the proper things.
If such a thing going to be implanted i suggest making those towers weaker than normal ones.
I would like more towers in BT - http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2210
the problem with the tinker is the coooooooool down takes foreeeeeeeeeeeeeever to cool before you can build another tower

also the towers from the tinker are very weak.
Well, this option would allow you to redirect the flow of creeps in some way, as you could easily block off a lane with these towers.
Battlemaniac Wrote:the problem with the tinker is the coooooooool down takes foreeeeeeeeeeeeeever to cool before you can build another tower

also the towers from the tinker are very weak.

I think you have never player BT :lol: Or just never saw tinker or played like him
I played me and my fr - me tinker he exploder (not very good one) vs demon tank and infernal and we killed them VERY easy tought they were lvl 20-21 we were 18...Also they had very good weps...the only time he destroyed my five towers was when he tried to plant bomb next to them and he succeed from the 4th time..(the infernal)
I would like more towers in BT - http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2210
towers gets wiped away real easily with mortal teams, most players now in days knows to pack mortal teams to quickly take over CP and push to the enemy base.

all the ppl i played with trying to be tinker and setting up either in a CP or the middle, they get wipe out after 10 min into the game.
Quote:I think you have never player BT :lol: Or just never saw tinker or played like him
I played me and my fr - me tinker he exploder (not very good one) vs demon tank and infernal and we killed them VERY easy tought they were lvl 20-21 we were 18...Also they had very good weps...the only time he destroyed my five towers was when he tried to plant bomb next to them and he succeed from the 4th time..(the infernal)
and i guess you know that you must have played against completely beginner or crack dependent idiots, cause if you play 2v2 it's 1. extremly easy to avoid exploder cause it's the only one you have to pay attention aslong the tinker cannot walk or something with this weaps in his towers and 2. if he was able to plant the bomb(even if it was on the fourth try) he was able to get there(means by port) and plant the bomb which means in turn that he could stand your weapons for 3 sec and some zerquetschte
==> if he really have had these good weapons then it wouldnt have been any problem for him to go, attack your towers for 1-2 sec, go back and heal , atk, and after like 1 minute your towers would have been history
and by the way, the only time tinker could work against good players is in the beginning and even then it's extremely hard (the hardest is to get his basis of like 2-3 towers because most times even the first one is denied)
and it would never work against infernalBig Grin
Battlemaniac Wrote:towers gets wiped away real easily with mortal teams, most players now in days knows to pack mortal teams to quickly take over CP and push to the enemy base.

all the ppl i played with trying to be tinker and setting up either in a CP or the middle, they get wipe out after 10 min into the game.

y those ppl are noobs they should put death magic in towers or energy torpedo

LivingFR Wrote:
Quote:I think you have never player BT :lol: Or just never saw tinker or played like him
and i guess you know that you must have played against completely beginner or crack dependent idiots, cause if you play 2v2 it's 1. extremly easy to avoid exploder cause it's the only one you have to pay attention aslong the tinker cannot walk or something with this weaps in his towers and 2. if he was able to plant the bomb(even if it was on the fourth try) he was able to get there(means by port) and plant the bomb which means in turn that he could stand your weapons for 3 sec and some zerquetschte
==> if he really have had these good weapons then it wouldnt have been any problem for him to go, attack your towers for 1-2 sec, go back and heal , atk, and after like 1 minute your towers would have been history
and by the way, the only time tinker could work against good players is in the beginning and even then it's extremely hard (the hardest is to get his basis of like 2-3 towers because most times even the first one is denied)
and it would never work against infernalBig Grin

Also I killed the infernal easily he didn't has chance going nearby (my towers were equipted with heavy gear) Also it's not very easy if you're attacking towers everywhere are going some lights(missiles) and the exploder jumps next to you almost impossible to see also exploders have invisibility you know... And I repair my towers very quickly also each one has repair robots (upgraded) ,repair modules and hulls...
I think this discussion isnt really about tinker which is too slow or too weak it is about the towers which you can buy and placeWink.( anyway i dont think tinker is too slow hes a very good tank for beginning the only problem can be your team... ,but when you a experienced tinker its a very good tank)
I like the idea, because you would have to play battle tanks even more strategic. The towers are strong, but this would just say that the mortars would get even more important than they can be in this versions;)
sry for my english its not the best, but i hope you all understood what i want to saySmile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More towers Trucheitor 2 2,036 2009-06-17, 21:39:56
Last Post: Doomhammer112
  Scout Towers Tooltip SCorpA1 1 1,436 2009-04-13, 17:54:04
Last Post: SCorpA1
  Better Towers RikonVan 14 6,135 2008-12-04, 23:03:51
Last Post: Gammagulp