Poll: Will you join a btank tournament if there is one?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I am definitely gonna play, and I'm sure I can easily make/find a team for it
33.33%
7 33.33%
I might play, provided I can get a team and everything else ready
33.33%
7 33.33%
I don't want to play, but I'd like to know who is the winner and check the replays
19.05%
4 19.05%
Not interested at all (please reply with your reasons)
14.29%
3 14.29%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about making a btank tournament?
I had the idea for a btank tournament for a long time. Now I post this message to see if we can get enough players/supports to make a real tournament.

Why would I suggest a tournament?
(1) I love this game.
(2) I've played many pub/priv games, but most games are just for fun, i.e. the players don't REALLY care about the results. I would like to see what will happen if all 10 good bt players doing it seriously.
(3) I believe clan BuG in Northend is the best bt clan: it has many top class players and the best bt team. I am curious if any other clan can beat BuG in a formal game.

When?
Asap if everything is ready,
but at least have to wait for the next btank map as well as the new league system published and running stable for a while. (Probably the 8.68 will be the official map for the tournament if possible.)
And I hope the tournament can happen before the blizzard release SC2, otherwise people will get less interests on WC3.

Prize?
I know many people would like see a tournament. It is just too hard to orgnaize one. So,
Personally I would like to donate some money for the tournament as winner prize.
Let's say:
the 1st team will receive 50EUR/player
the 2nd team 30EUR each
the 3rd team 10EUR each
I'd like to donate money because since I started btank in 1.5 years ago I spent more than average 8 hours every week on it. It is worth to contribute on the thing that you spend such a lot time on.
On the other hand, I am not rich and I also have to work for living. So this amount is the best I can do. Don't except you can win as much as in WCG. But if we can find other co-sponsors, the number might go higher.

Some detailed plans:
(1) Each team can have 5-7 players. The 2 extra players give the team more grouping strategy. They are also as backup players if some other players are busy or suffering disconnection.
(2) The tournament system will be full double-elimination, i.e. a team is kicked out after 2 loses. This system reduces the risk of unfair sudden death, and also keeps the tournament not too long. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-elim...tournament
(3) The default game server will be clan BuG's bot on Northend. I didn't check with all BuG admins, but at least Essi agrees to use the bot for this purpose. The server may not be so friendly for US and PVPGN players, but unless both teams agree to use another server the BuG's bot will be always the default host.
(4) Most games will be arranged at weekend's nights. (EU +1 time). Unless both teams agree to run it at other time.
(5) The results/replays of the tournament will be published somewhere, at least on this forum.

That's all I have in mind now. Let's keep this discussion open while collecting teams that want to join the tournament. If we can get 8 or 16 teams, it is enough to officially start the tournament.

So, please:
(1) vote for the poll
(2) if you already have a team for sure for the tournament, give a reply below with the players IDs. That will be counted as an entry. I will check it later in 2-3 weeks to decide whether to push it or close it.
(3) if you have other great ideas, join the discussion and share it.
(4) if you are interested, tell the other people who might be interested as well.

Thanks for all kinds of participation.
Bug would win ^_^

There is currently no enough players/clan to do a real tournamentConfused (I suppose)

I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
I'd really really really like to play such a tournament and i think we can easily get at least 1 BuG Team for this.

Any take on rules and mode? I'd go for league mode and rmk if anyone disconnects in the first 10 minutes without signifikant (5) team kill difference. Otherwise the team has to keep playing 4v5 (etc). The team with more players is allowed to drop players to equal numbers if they want to.

Edit: Maybe it's better to play with this version and not the next one as the new tank might not be balanced at start. If we play with the current version a rule should be of course: No immortal bug using.
We made 2 tournaments on PvPGN server. We have much much small community then northrend or even Azeroth and we could make it...
Why Bug have at least 1 team? You can have at least 3-4 teams for sure. Its not about winning or losing, its about playing.. You can still make an Ace team, but others will play too..
Wish I could play but i will be offline for a long time...
Trolololo
Several things to clarify:

The goal to make a btank tournament is not trying to prove which clan is the best, but it is to promote the btank game itself. Having more people to enjoy it in a different way (than in the league bot). The players in a team don't even have to be from the same clan. Also, all players, no matter at what level you are, are welcome to join the tournament and try to win the honor/prize.

But on the other side, we also hope to see some REAL competitions between the top players. That's why it is called tournament. The players in the same team are preferable to know each other well, so that they can make good teamworks. As far as I know, the 2 tournaments made in the PVPGN were in random team mode. That's what we don't want in this tournament.

To inde,
Indeed we need a way to deal with the dc, but it is really hard to detect a real dc or an intended one. This is the way I am thinking:
(a) If it is a network problem, i.e. at least 1 player from each team dc within 3 min, the game is rmk at no condition. Unless both teams agree to keep playing as it is.
(b) After 45min (i think 10min is too short), the game has to go to the end regardless of the dc, even if it is 1v5. The team with more players is allowed to drop players to even teams if they want to. They can also choose not to.
© If a dc happens within the first 45min, the dc team can choose to rmk or not to. But, each team has only 1 chance to do the rmk, i.e. if 1 team has a dc again in the first 45min of rmk game, no more rmk is allowed. The game has to be finished as in (b).
(d) For all players, if they have had accumulated 2 dc, they are banned for 1 round of game (rmk included if any).
i'd love such a tournament and would definetly join
maybe to make this more popular u should contact the most important clanleaders to post this link in their own forum (for example no1 from btnk (used to) read/write in this forum)
Well I'm up for it but I don't have B.net , only Garena :cry:
I would like more towers in BT - http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2210
sam_ach Wrote:i'd love such a tournament and would definetly join
maybe to make this more popular u should contact the most important clanleaders to post this link in their own forum (for example no1 from btnk (used to) read/write in this forum)

I've told fun24. I heard he is the leader of clan btnk now. But fun24 said they have an internal tournament system within btnk already, and have no interest for another one. I don't know if all other btnk guys think in the same way or not, but at least I told tez.sick also for about the idea of the tournament.

The btnk's forum is not accessable at the moment. May be sam_ach can help me to describe the tournament to the btnk guys please? because I cannot speak ger ...

VuDu Wrote:Well I'm up for it but I don't have B.net , only Garena :cry:

Well, it is possible to make a team in Garena for this tournament, but you need to convince the other team to come to garena to play with your team. As long as both teams agree to play on Garena, no problem at all. However, they are allowed not to, because the default bot will be the clan bug's bot on northend.

Another possibility is to make an account on PVPGN, and borrow a multi-realm bot like the one made by clan FAM. So the northend people can play with PVPGN players together in that bot. But personally I don't like that bot, cuz if disconnects sometimes.

I don't know if the bug's bot owners have plans to extend the bug bot to multi-realms for PVPGN. If so that's would be the best option because the bug's bot is on the fastest server, and always gives best ping (at least for me).
Quote:Another possibility is to make an account on PVPGN, and borrow a multi-realm bot like the one made by clan FAM. So the northend people can play with PVPGN players together in that bot. But personally I don't like that bot, cuz if disconnects sometimes.
Well ok but give me link pls because I found that pvpgn but it has many different vers , I don't know which one to dl.
I would like more towers in BT - http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2210
I'm interested in such a tournament, but I'm in no Btanks Clan like Bug or BTNK.
I got several contacts to a few players of both clans, but i guess it shouldn't be enough to join a group for this.

I was asked once by both of these clans to join them, but I'll stay T4M (DotA, Ladder).

All these things would make in unable for me to find a group to join this tournament...
But it's still a good idea!
y ofc i'll help u telling btnk about the tournamentWink
The idea of a tournament isn't wrong at all.
Concerning prizes including real money, i seriously have my doubts whether that'd be adequate.
I also would like to avoid to let this become a tournament between the leading BT clans only, which it seems to become.
But a "tournament for everyone" is featured by the upcoming league.

So, such a tournament makes only sense if it's really called a clan or team tournament. But then, the prize makes even less sense at all.

Ignoring the mentioned issues, such a tournament should be announced in the Battle Tanks version with a corresponding date and channel to meet for the teams or somekind of link where they can sign up and build up teams.
Also, it would need a specfic own mode, but that problem is the easiest to solve.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
Paladon Wrote:Concerning prizes including real money, i seriously have my doubts whether that'd be adequate.

I know the prize is not enough attractive, but better than nothing.

I heard many times that clan Bug and Sake would like to make a clan war. But that is never happened because all kinds of reasons, e.g. some of the players do not have time ... Maybe the winner prize can make them to think it is worth to spend some time on it.

And again, if someone else would like to be the co-sponsor, the prize can go higher.

Paladon Wrote:I also would like to avoid to let this become a tournament between the leading BT clans only, which it seems to become. But a "tournament for everyone" is featured by the upcoming league. So, such a tournament makes only sense if it's really called a clan or team tournament. But then, the prize makes even less sense at all.

The idea of the coming tournament indeed is to make a "team-tournament".

I agree the league system is also fun, but in random team mode the team-work is a lot limited. So as I said the idea is to let the bt players enjoy the game in another way, i.e. playing with the best trusted friends to beat other teams.

Paladon Wrote:such a tournament should be announced in the Battle Tanks version with a corresponding date and channel to meet for the teams or somekind of link where they can sign up and build up teams.

I'd like to see that system coming to be true. But I seriously doubt when it will be there. But at least now we can try to "manually" build up teams and make a team-tournament.

I am also looking for help from the btank mappers and web admins. If you guys agree, maybe we can make it an official btank tournament. So the winner team also win honor, because they are the official best team of btank, at least proven in this tournament. This gives another reason (besides the little money) to join.

If possible we can make a page for info, making teams, publishing replays and news etc. (I would like to maintain the page/texts btw).
I think prize money can be a good thing. We can see easily that sponsored tournaments brought sc:bw, wc3:tft and even dota to a new level of competition and popularity. Why?

1. People will play tournaments if they fell like having at least a little shot for the money. They will show up if there is anything at stake. They will organise themself better if there is anything at stake. They might even train certain combinations of players/tanks.

2. It's way easier to advertise a game with good functioning tournaments with prizes. It's a good way to promote Battletanks on pupular sites like readmore, fragster, inwc, gosugamers. People can actually see then that there is an active btanks community and it might be good for anyone who is interestend in the game from pubs to seek this community.

Quote:such a tournament should be announced in the Battle Tanks version with a corresponding date and channel to meet for the teams or somekind of link where they can sign up and build up teams.
Promoting such a tournament in advance as soon as there is a fixed date by the map and popular sites seemes obvious to me.
I do not like the money tournament idea at all, mixing a game you play for fun with cash = a long bad road, people will try to cheat, say others are cheating and or setting up stacked or rigged games.

I also don't like the clan tournaments, all that can lead to is a dick measuring contest, on whos clan is the ''best''. To me if there will be a tournament it should only be of random teams for the first game and after that the team stays together, this way if you have mixed clans maybe everyone will get along better then my clan vs yours.
Oh, Death, оh Death, oh Death,
No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold
Nothing satisfies me but your soul

Oh, Death,
Well I am Death, none can excel,
I'll open the door to heaven or hell.

Oh, Death, оh Death,
my name is Death and the end ïs here...
why not just make the prize the ability to name a new item or tank?
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
I d rather see this money for the dev :p
I
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
Tom-Ace Wrote:I do not like the money tournament idea at all, mixing a game you play for fun with cash = a long bad road, people will try to cheat, say others are cheating and or setting up stacked or rigged games.

If we will make a tournament, we will try best to avoid all kinds of cheating. There will be referees there to observe the games.

Tom-Ace Wrote:To me if there will be a tournament it should only be of random teams for the first game and after that the team stays together, this way if you have mixed clans maybe everyone will get along better then my clan vs yours.

I don't understand why many people do not consider the btank as a team working game. If you have experience like you are the best player, but with 4 feeders in team, and you lose the game at the end, in this case you would wish that better to have someone trusted in team play with you. If the old HB mode, I am able to beat 3-4 guys at the same level as I am. But in the new modes, it is even not possible to beat 2 people about as good as you are.

I don't deny random team is fun. But if you want to play that, just join the league bot. The idea to make a tournament is really to show up the good teams and teamworks. It is also a presentation of the clans. Let's say if you are new to btank, how do you choose the clans? For me I will go to the one with more good players.
Yes, it's clearly a team game.
And yes, such a tournament will promote the map itself even further.

But, what i mentioned before, i'm not convinced that a real money prize is something to mix up with a "fun" map after all.
Although we're playing in the highest category of popular maps, we are no comparison to something like DotA where a real money prize is more adequate.
~Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much~

Orbital Movement System Preview
The question is: Was dota "no comparison" before there were real prize money, or did dota change with the competitiveness coevoluting with prize money? I don't know, but i'm conviced we should give it a shot if there is a chance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Making weapons more unique Flygplan 4 4,628 2014-03-29, 09:40:54
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  btank developers (thank you ) 091846 0 1,948 2011-03-25, 16:29:41
Last Post: 091846
  Btank Clans in Loading Screen? LIoOoOoIL 11 8,338 2011-02-23, 19:22:09
Last Post: TKF
  what update you guys want as btank players 091846 11 7,920 2010-11-01, 12:35:33
Last Post: 091846
  league tournament qweqqweq 3 2,451 2008-07-25, 21:15:01
Last Post: italyrools