Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How bout a little competition ^^
So I saw this video on youtube where some guy plays 1v5 comp on normal, basically he just plays 5 comps on normal and sees what time he can win in. In his video his time was 17:55. I thought it was a pretty interesting idea so I gave it a shot. After a couple of tries I got a time of 13:14. I did some dumb stuff and wasted some time by dying : ( so my time can obviously be improved.

Anyways I think it would be fun to have a little contest in the forums see how low the time can get, or some other variation (etc 1v1 comp 1v2 comp etc... get the most godlikes in 20 min etc...). Not only does this give us a chance to show off our skills ^^, but it can also show some newer players or guys who want to get better some techniques that could improve their game.

Please feel free to critique, advise, or any share any other input you might have.

Attached Files
.w3g   13.15 96-1.w3g (Size: 109.5 KB / Downloads: 155)
9:41 in the 4th try, but i think it's possible to be at least 1 minute faster.

€: i just noticed: i played league, not normal, but i guess its not a big difference, or?

Attached Files
.w3g   1vs5comp_941.w3g (Size: 89.88 KB / Downloads: 167)
It's normal this time and 8:45, however i messed up at the beginning and died, so there is still potential to be faster.

Attached Files
.w3g   1vs5comp_845.w3g (Size: 82.27 KB / Downloads: 191)
I cant open your replays prog .. it says the map "btanks8.67f~1.w3x is needed..

wtf? ^^
I had 2 btanks 8.67f, seemed i used the wrong one (it should be just the filename as i downloaded all my f versions from bnet hosts). I guess it should be enough to copy & rename the map, but maybe i've found some strange versions in bnet so i'll upload it here (i doubt it as I only play on the clanbots normally).

btw, I can't open xlpodingtinks replay^^

€: I just tested it. My Btanks867f~1 is the same as xplodingtinks Btanks867f. After renaming my ~1 map to 'Btanks867f' i could play xplodingtinks replay. My other Btanks867f map must be somehow different. Renaming your map to 'Btanks867f~1' should be enough to make my replays work.

Attached Files
.w3x   BTanks867f~1.w3x (Size: 694.97 KB / Downloads: 201)
@prog nice replay, what a great time : ) , i didn't even think to use tech mech to purchase items for me, that's a real time saver. Hopefully more members will try, if nothing else then to show their approach.
here my first try^^ i think i didnt that bad^^ but there is a lot potential if i compare it to progs time^^

edit: my time was about 13min 30 sec

Attached Files
.w3g   1st try.w3g (Size: 133.62 KB / Downloads: 149)
lol 8.67.

I got 8:33 on 8.65. :lol:
http://www.filefront.com/15751041/833.w3g

I just played 8.67f.
I got 7:55 thereabouts. I'll post when someone beats 8:33. haha
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.
jonjon Wrote:lol 8.67.

I just played 8.67f.

This forum support attachmentsTongue

but i cant watch your replay, missing map (BTanks865.w3x) even though i've owning every offical versionConfusedhock:
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
eSVau Wrote:
jonjon Wrote:lol 8.67.

I just played 8.67f.

This forum support attachmentsTongue

but i cant watch your replay, missing map (BTanks865.w3x) even though i've owning every offical versionConfusedhock:

here you go.Smile

[attachment=0]

Attached Files
.w3x   BTanks865.w3x (Size: 635.49 KB / Downloads: 153)
Bring back old Death Magic.
---
Beating rookies makes you a regular.
Beating regulars makes you a pro.
Beating pros makes you an authority.
Quote:i placed it in folder "maps/downloads" if that makes a difference.
There's the issue, my folder is called just "download" without plural s - i wonder if you are using mac osConfusedhock:

Nice money makingConfusedhock:
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
jonjon Wrote:I just played 8.67f.

post it, even tho it's not faster than 7:39 ;P

(btw it is so much easier with your strat^^)

Attached Files
.w3g   739.w3g (Size: 71.34 KB / Downloads: 188)
Improve your tries with this: use random to have plus 450 gold at start. Chance = 1 - (5/6)^n [n = number of games in a row] to get your favorite tank.
RaptorXI Wrote:Chance = 1 - (5/6)^n [n = number of games in a row] to get your favorite tank right at start.

The chance is constant and wont change with number of games - every game is independent from another.
Did you maybe not recognize that I wrote games in a row?
Because if you want to use the random function, you have to start games way more often until you can really begin to start a good try. And then the probability sinks every game to have bad luck by chosing random.
RaptorXI Wrote:Did you maybe not recognize that I wrote games in a row?
Because if you want to use the random function, you have to start games way more often until you can really begin to start a good try. And then the probability sinks every game to have bad luck by chosing random.

So, if you toss a coin a few hundred times and always toss tails the probability to heads will be biased?
No, but the probability (to receive tails every time) strives for 0 the more you toss.
I did it in 8 miuntes, 32 seconds with Medivac which is the best tank.
Version of Frostthron 1.24d, version of Battletanks 8.67f.

Attached Files
.w3x   BTanks867f.w3x (Size: 694.97 KB / Downloads: 142)
.w3g   FT1.24d,Vers8.67f,8min32s.w3g (Size: 84.95 KB / Downloads: 141)
RaptorXI Wrote:No, but the probability (to receive tails every time) strives for 0 the more you toss.

The probability is always the same for one experiment. Maybe you should lookup some stochastic basicsWink.

Or do you want to tell us that the random in the current game depends on your previous games?

The games are independent and thus the probability is always the same.
I know about stochastic basics and even beyond, but you (esv/velocity) and me have different cases in mind.
Diskussion beendet.