Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
guard's treants
Well i think the Guard's cannon (his tank cannon) should be replaced with treant upgreads becouse in mid and late game it's almost useless.For example:

1st lvl : gives +1 treant so it spowns 3 treants now
2nd lvl : gives 1 more treat so it spowns 4 treants now
3rd lvl : gives treants 10 armor
4th lvl : gives treants more HP
5th lvl : gives treants more dmg

this is just an example so if you don't like it don't make it tragedy from it pls

and a nother thing what do you think for making the rooted guard like cp (can teleport to it)
I would like more towers in BT - http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2210
VuDu Wrote:Well i think the Guard's cannon (his tank cannon) should be replaced with treant upgreads becouse in mid and late game it's almost useless.For example:

1st lvl : gives +1 treant so it spowns 3 treants now
2nd lvl : gives 1 more treat so it spowns 4 treants now
3rd lvl : gives treants 10 armor
4th lvl : gives treants more HP
5th lvl : gives treants more dmg

this is just an example so if you don't like it don't make it tragedy from it pls

and a nother thing what do you think for making the rooted guard like cp (can teleport to it)

Almost all abilities in Btanks follow a 20%/40%/60%/80%/100% power formula
So something like this would be more fitting:
Level 1: +2 Armor, +20% HP, +20% Damage, 2 Treants Spawned
Level 2: +4 Armor, +40% HP, +40% Damage, 2 Treants Spawned
Level 3: +6 Armor, +60% HP, +60% Damage, 3 Treants Spawned
Level 4: +8 Armor, +80% HP, +80% Damage, 3 Treants Spawned
Level 5: +10 Armor, +100% HP, +100% Damage, 4 Treants Spawned

The CP feature (allowing teleport) might be a bit imbalanced, but an ability that affects creep stength would but nice... But I don't play the Guard enough to know a good balance for it.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
hm... +1Smile
No Support via PM!!
I like the idea of replacing its tank cannon, and as it is a special tank we can justify it not having the conventional cannon(like exploder for instance).
Don't trenants already get a bonus from creep upgrades?
(I hardly ever play the Guard)
The armour upgrade on top of the hp upgrade seems excessive. Why not just get bonus hp
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Well they doesen't have armour eaven with armour upgreads it's just 0 i know that becouse i play with it for the last 2 weaksWink
I would like more towers in BT - http://forum.btanks.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2210
Quote:Almost all abilities in Btanks follow a 20%/40%/60%/80%/100% power formula
So something like this would be more fitting:
Level 1: +2 Armor, +20% HP, +20% Damage, 2 Treants Spawned

well i like this oneSmile
Quote:Level 1: +2 Armor, +20% HP, +20% Damage, 2 Treants Spawned
This makes treants more than 10x stronger than now...
(2x^2x^2x^133%)
Trolololo
Quote:This makes treants more than 10x stronger than now...

Well in mid and late game treants are easy to kill and it's hard to kill with them . This is one of the most inportant things in the guard(i think) becouse when you're rooed you have less chance to kill anyone so you must kill with treants.
VuDu Wrote:Well they doesen't have armour eaven with armour upgreads it's just 0 i know that becouse i play with it for the last 2 weaksWink

Yes, but that wasn't the question.
Force Armour upgrades increase hp, not armour.

I would prefer to see trenants spawning faster, than have extra ones spawn at the same time
Into Alien Crossfire? It has been almost 10 years. Time to update your datalinks.
Try out my Comprehensive Datalinks Update. Now v1.3!
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291246
Another thing is, we can just change how much they increase with force armour and weapons upgrades to make them better
VuDu Wrote:and a nother thing what do you think for making the rooted guard like cp (can teleport to it)

This in fact was imlemented a long time ago, im all for reintroducing it. Anyone remembers why it was removed?

And i also like the idea of passively increasing the treants power, you all got nice examples for it. Its also possible to give each level a certain treant-advantage.

lvl1 +200 range (850->1050)
lvl2 faster spawning interval
lvl3 massive armor boost (increased survivability against towers+creeps, no effect vs tanks)
lvl4 increased timed life
lvl5 three treants spawning
DerSatan Wrote:
VuDu Wrote:and a nother thing what do you think for making the rooted guard like cp (can teleport to it)

This in fact was imlemented a long time ago, im all for reintroducing it. Anyone remembers why it was removed?

devteam decided that it was imba. afaik
No Support via PM!!
ok but what do the BT mappers think about this?
psycho_dmr Wrote:
DerSatan Wrote:

devteam decided that it was imba. afaik

The DevTeam didn't exist at that point. Bob was still the main mapper back then and he thought this was too strong.

The idea itself is good. But I think the Guard needs some more work, than just one skill replacement. I think his active heal and the ultimate are fine, but the root ability, his passive and maybe also the tank cannon could be reworked.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Quote:tank cannon could be reworked

well my idea was for comletely replacing it with treant upgrades
Hmm, I don't know if I agree with implementing a CP teleport for the Guard... Wouldn't implementing a CP teleport make it too difficult for the opposing team to go on the offensive? Usually a player going for a side-lane CP (or even the middle for that matter) will wait for the enemy to move away from his base/other CPs. However, if a Guard is settled in the center of the map, it'll simple for the defending team to teleport back and forth from these CPs using the Guard, making the CPs much more difficult to take by surprise.

It seems like an unnecessary addition to the game... Which might lead to a longer game overall if players use it properly.

DerSatan Wrote:lvl1 +200 range (850->1050)
lvl2 faster spawning interval
lvl3 massive armor boost (increased survivability against towers+creeps, no effect vs tanks)
lvl4 increased timed life
lvl5 three treants spawning

That would work too, but wouldn't a skill with a different passive buffs per level be more difficult to balance than gradually buffing everything over each level? I don't think I've seen any skills set up like that for that reason.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
So pls work(edit) on the guard for the new version (8.67)
IlPalazzo Wrote:Hmm, I don't know if I agree with implementing a CP teleport for the Guard... Wouldn't implementing a CP teleport make it too difficult for the opposing team to go on the offensive? Usually a player going for a side-lane CP (or even the middle for that matter) will wait for the enemy to move away from his base/other CPs. However, if a Guard is settled in the center of the map, it'll simple for the defending team to teleport back and forth from these CPs using the Guard, making the CPs much more difficult to take by surprise.

It seems like an unnecessary addition to the game... Which might lead to a longer game overall if players use it properly.

I think it has much more offensive potential than defensive, because while youre playing defensively you got a teleport point near you anyway. But it can help getting back into combat faster once you died etc.. But if more people are afraid of this we could only allow to teleport to the guard, not from.

IlPalazzo Wrote:wouldn't a skill with a different passive buffs per level be more difficult to balance than gradually buffing everything over each level? I don't think I've seen any skills set up like that for that reason.

Scouts rune carving got a jump at level 3. I doubt that its that difficult to balance. Each level should get a noticable but not superstrong upgrade, wheres the problem? Besides i fail to imagine gradually increasing the amount of spawned treants from 2 to 3 over 5 levels :oops:
DerSatan Wrote:I think it has much more offensive potential than defensive, because while youre playing defensively you got a teleport point near you anyway. But it can help getting back into combat faster once you died etc.. But if more people are afraid of this we could only allow to teleport to the guard, not from.

[...]

Scouts rune carving got a jump at level 3. I doubt that its that difficult to balance. Each level should get a noticable but not superstrong upgrade, wheres the problem? Besides i fail to imagine gradually increasing the amount of spawned treants from 2 to 3 over 5 levels :oops:

Throw it in a beta and see how it turns out?

Well, if you create a skill that gives 5 different advantages each level and you deem in underpowered or overpower, you have to re-examine the skill at each level (Is Level 1 too powerful? Is Level 2 too underpowered? Should we switch Level 3 with Level 4?). Placing it as one bulk and gradually increasing in a 20%/40%/60%/80%/100% fashion it makes it simpler to make changes because you can change the whole skill at once instead of parts of it. It's also easier for newer players to grasp which skills are more useful rather than looking at each individual skill as 5 different upgrades... Either way works I suppose, but just looking at the game I thought that was the general logic behind it.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tank Cannon Guard DerSatan 33 12,680 2010-05-04, 00:53:56
Last Post: AGGInator