Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show tanks lvl in multiboard?
Hey there.

How about tracking each player's level and place it in the multiboard? Perhaps there is already an existing shorter way to check everyone's level other than running for everyone on the map? I am not a big fan of extra-details mutliboards myself, but I feel like adding that extra feature would compliment the gameplay. If we're worried about the length of the multiboard, it could as well be a -level command. I'd like to have developpers opinion on that as I know there is still other updates coming.

Yours, Aero
totally useless, just click on your enemys tanks.....

in mid that are 3 klicks, and on lane 1
Thx for your opinion Behinderung.

As I was thinking about it, I realised that not everyone might feel the need to constantly check everyone's level (like I do). From that perspective, hum... It kinda gets annoying to have a ''larger'' multiboard with ''useless'' infos. However, I still maintain the idea of a -level or -checktanks command. If you see no use to it, then you skip that thought and you're fine fundamentally. Other than that, you have the tool at hand. Really, it's up to whether Paladon and Velocity2k (hope I spelled your names correctly nowTongue) feel like spending time and energy into adding an additionnal feature.

PS: about the makers. Sincere congratulations. It takes so much energy to trigger a ''professionnal'' map, and the fact that you guys did in VJass and Jass compliments the effort even more. Your work clearly deserves the popularity it has gained Smile

PS2: You might want to change the « gold is extracted from gold mines » and « Wood is obtained by harvesting trees » (L'or provient des mines d'or) (Les arbres produisent le bois) when dragging your mouse over the gold/wood icons on top. This is such a tiny mistake, but yet it looks kinda careless to have the default tooltips :wink:
do you play with opend multiboard?

i always have it closed, just at start to see what everyone choose...

so it would be hard work for me to open and close it
instead fo clicking tank
(I don't want to make this public thread a duo chat, so furthermore, for personnal stuff PM me)

No, I rarely open the mutliboard. It feels crucial to me whenever I know I'll soon have to teleport to other lines, to know exactly what kind of enemy I'll have to oppose. You can't just teleport around or engage somebody if you don't know what he's up to. For exemple, some people tend to buy early troop commanders, and it makes a HUGE difference whether I'll rush defending the cp or if I'll tell everyone to cptp at the same time. Some people tend to shop for a early lvl 4 demolisher, and other tons of possibilities. Unfortunatly, ppl tend to play a bit blindly, and in that field of thought, I think adding a -checktanks command would vastly contribute in keeping everyone aware of whats going on and not just shell their gameplay according to their line activity.

If this idea flourishes into makers mind, -checktanks command could display enemies's infos like : « Player.XYZ (Demolisher) level 4 tank worth of 4300 gold ».
Or it could just be a -levels command that will display enemies's level to the player.
In the end, I think nobody will stop playing because of that. Beside, the map has no fog. This is overall an idea, a suggestion.

Respect, Aero
You have -stats x (x is player number) command if I don't recall wrong which does what you are seeking for seing enemy tank value.
Hm, I already considered adding another info to the multiboard, a level info might not hurt to have. I don't know if it's only the case with my big screen resolution, but at the moment there is a lot of free space in the multiboard, so it's still possible to add stuff, without overloading it.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
In my point of view it is already too big ^^
Prog Wrote:In my point of view it is already too big ^^
Is also my opinion. I have NEVER the Multiboard open (just in moments, where I am dead) because it uses too much space. The more I can see of the game, the better it is.
[attachment=0]
That's what the multiboard looks like for me. My point is, that it's possible to add more information, without making it bigger.

Btw, has anyone ever noticed, that "Pla yer" is not written together? It been like this for ages now and no one ever mentioned this ;)

Ger-Dyers-Eve Wrote:Is also my opinion. I have NEVER the Multiboard open (just in moments, where I am dead) because it uses too much space. The more I can see of the game, the better it is.
If that's really the case, it shouldn't bother you, even if it got bigger, since you are only using it when you are dead anyway. I guess, even if the board would be 33% smaller (which would be possible I think), you wouldn't let it stay open all the time, right?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Exodus Wrote:
Ger-Dyers-Eve Wrote:Is also my opinion. I have NEVER the Multiboard open (just in moments, where I am dead) because it uses too much space. The more I can see of the game, the better it is.
If that's really the case, it shouldn't bother you, even if it got bigger, since you are only using it when you are dead anyway. I guess, even if the board would be 33% smaller (which would be possible I think), you wouldn't let it stay open all the time, right?
I would give it a try at least. I am open for any changes (except the regeneration-changes at the cp in case of invulnerable right now, but this is just a bug :mrgreen: ), also on the UI.
"I guess, even if the board would be 33% smaller (which would be possible I think), you wouldn't let it stay open all the time, right?"

nah, its extremly bad, because you cant click on it to move^^
I have to agree with you guys. Obviously, when people open the board, it's never for too long, because everyone wants that upper corner space to be able to click-move. Somehow, the space doesn't really matter. I'd give +1 for having the levels in the board.

If we're concerned about the space, I've seen plenty mutliboard having the Deaths and Kills colomns abreviated to 1.5% screen width. I'm pretty sure the actual amount is around 4% and there is so much space between thos colomns that they could easily be squizzed to add more.

Exodus: sorry for not including you in my mappers credits where I only mentionned Velocity2K and Paladon, and this goes on for all partners by your side. :/
and speaking about small tooltips mistakes that were there for ages, make sure you change the default text for ''gold is extracted from gold mines'' and wood to something more appropriate like: gold is obtained as reward for killing creeps, tanks and buildings, or whatever fits well.
for the window:
i would pefer a small bar at the top of the screen where the dead players are shown normally.

all players would be in a single frame and if someone dies his frame changes to another color.

this wouldn't take a "feeled" great space and fit to the screen perfectly.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Same here. With 1024x768 resolution the multiboard is more than wide enough. Also the "Play er" bug happens when your resolution is quite large, maybe 1200x++ in width. I never seen it since that's my limit resolution.

I don't see any reason to add anything more since kill/deaths are enough imo. Also displays when they are dead and player who has left. I'm not against to add something on the tab generally. If you add creep kills in (xxxx) you get a much better feel how the other player creeps compared to you since kills doesn't count for creeping. Imo adding creep kills is more useful than adding tank levels. Hopefully without significantly increasing the width of multiboard it's wide enough already.

I like to see creep kill counter as it's the most important missing info which could be useful to know. The gold gained from creeping is quite high. I don't find knowing the tank level as important enough since you can very easily check your enemy tanks level by just clicking on it.
TKF Wrote:
I like to see creep kill counter as it's the most important missing info which could be useful to know. The gold gained from creeping is quite high. I don't find knowing the tank level as important enough since you can very easily check your enemy tanks level by just clicking on it.

-stats and -income are your friendsWink
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
eSVau Wrote:-stats and -income are your friendsWink

that's not the best solution because it shows only one player..
needs too much time for my purposes..
i like my idea with the bar at top.. wouldn't annoy there and would show all needed stats without impairments.

i can create a pic if neededSmile
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Well I feel like I want to monitor the enemy creep kills at the same time to keep an overlook over their development. Also this would also show how good tinker creeps compared to other tanks in middle. You can get the info by typing -stats but it's easier to see creepkills directly on the multiboard. I'm not interested on seeing their level as it's much easier to click than writing.

But otherwise I want the multiboard as cramped as possible. I think the width of deaths can be reduced by 0.5%, while the player should be put alone on second row and not split up as it's noticable on higher resolutions. If that's fixed I think it can be squished by 0.2% or something. I'm not sure about the names as some players and very long force names goes beyong the tab on 800x600 resultion easily. I must have that resolution on my crappy laptop and on such resolution the tab doesn't show of very long player and force names completely. I'm not sure if you can shrink the name row at all for the sake of players with really lowest resolutions.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Tanks BENNIE.FM 5 7,392 2015-06-07, 15:11:56
Last Post: AeroniumX
  Creating some new tanks BENNIE.FM 4 6,319 2015-04-14, 11:37:20
Last Post: 91846
  Battle Tanks Open Source - v8.63 Exodus 0 4,292 2014-04-21, 12:25:17
Last Post: Exodus
  Incentive ideas to buy better tanks in game ckibibi 13 11,385 2014-01-30, 21:46:30
Last Post: griffin1987
  show dmg% from each tank after a kill instead of just assists unpredictable_m 0 1,926 2012-06-15, 04:44:29
Last Post: unpredictable_m