Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random reward
I already know there is a good reward for picking random mostly due to guaranteed tp or getting some weapons that usually wouldn't be available.

I was thinking how about introducing something like a 20 sec unavailability for picking tanks at start of the game to encourage random but also give a greater reward for players who pick random.

Also discourages simple starts that still can tp and easily recover like scout bombard or basic (Medivac and anti grav basic magic.

I cant see giving more gold a valid option for random.
Also somehow dont allow a person in pilot to generate gold to avoid a quick tp after 20 seconds .
Cat power < needs to be implemented into btSmile
Accounts are : , Imba_Kitten, DJ.FM,BENNIE.FM
I don't see any problem with actual system. Random gives as you say a good reward. Players who pick tanks (usually get 3k value tank) have to run over the map and lose gold/xp to reach the battlefield. This makes the difference, and imo it's enough. I usually pick tank when I play vs a good opponent team, some times it's good to pick, some times not. Random isn't an obligation and it would be sad if it became this way. + there's just a few players who can actually play good every tank...
I see there are still heaps of good starts with out randoming medivac and antigrav can still tp with the purchase of a weapon so can scout
It's the same with heli basic mech. Same with light tank. Only raider and demo (1900) doesn't give this possibility. And shredder too. Smile
i like the way it is
where is your idea coming from? ^^
Over use of basis magic raptor must be screwing with my headBig Grin.
Also the low risk and strong starts associated with picking basic and still teleporting zzz.
you can ask to up the cost of basic magic.
Indeed most of the games it is a basic magic festivalTongue.

As for random maybe you can ask for a tank which can only be "picked" by randomWink
Well i don't think thats the best option because currently getting rid of basic magic gets rid of classic starts light basic light tank but also it doesn't give many options for demo,distributor and raider unless there was an introduction of a new weapon costing 1000 at 950 range or something.
Well I find laning vs 2 basic fast hull scout harder then laning vs 2 basic light
If its about overuse of Basic Magic I already suggested some weapon updates.

theres enough place for one or 2 more weapons with around 1k costs with around 1k range with a different type... projectiles, switchable ground/air, 2 (low) upgrade stages, one (higher) upgrade stage.. and so on... i already created a thread about this some month ago.

that was a bit offtopic but nevermind.
The random thing is totally ok but if theres a good idea im EVERYTIME up for changes and something new! More benefit for players "taking a risk" at the start by choosing a random tank is never a bad idea.

Sidenote:
Nothing is killing games more then no updates - even if its just 1 or 2 new weapons which can get integrated and deleted pretty fast will maybe get some old players back for some games or creates at least new strategies!

Yes its a bit of whine from my side, becouse most of the suggestions done are just commented with "its ok like it is", "we dont need that", "please keep it like it is!" and later complaining the game is getting boring and onesided or player quitting BT becouse of that. Dodgy

Ok while typing the last reply also thought about some additionally rewards for picking a random tank - here are some ideas:

- The Tank is 10% faster for the first 2 mins OR
- First kill grants additinally 50% gold first assist 75% OR
- You get a single Maintenance (hope thats correct) or Recharge for free OR
- You start with Tank Level 2 OR
- You get a special low DPS (like 20?) weapon which is not buyable at stores

and sooo onSmile
I think 150 gold is enough.
All your suggestions, even if it's good thinking, would imbalance the game too much. Again, random is a choice, not an obligation. 150 gold reward is good for taking a "risk", anything more would be : get an early advantage or get fucked up before game start.

About a new weapon ~1k gold I agree, but here is a thing : if you make 1k weapon lower range than basic it would be too hard to play and more range would be too much.
How about just give basic higher damage and lower it's range by 49? Or almost 29, you got the idea. Just to get a better balance between start weapons range : 49 range difference is very low, but with slow speed tanks (at start) it makes a fucking huge difference most of the time.
i like the idea of a free single maintenance, its up to you to use or sell it ^^ ?????

(2014-03-27, 20:58:33)Max Wrote: I think 150 gold is enough.
All your suggestions, even if it's good thinking, would imbalance the game too much.

I dont see why an extra maintenance or 50% more gold for first kill is sooooooo imbalanced.Confused and the values of my suggestions are not strict. thats balancing stuff.
Well my idea is just that any item you can get that your opponent can't, for the simple reason he didn't random and you did, is imbalanced.
If you get a maintenance and the it's up to you to use it or sell it, then just give +200 gold instead of 150. Maintenance for example : 150 gold cost, 8 creeps at the begining, + 150 gold from random : 300 gold : ~15 creeps : you have 40 sec advantage (2 waves) on your opponent and the game still didn't start. Ofc it's just one of your idea, I won't take all of them, I think you get my point.

Again : random is a choice, a reward isn't even an obligation. But there it is. I just do think that 1 reward is enough.
Is not like some of the starting tanks are far better then the others anyway so random carry little to no risk, basicly free money.
Sure there's no starting tank way better than others, but still every player have some advantage with tanks, and disadvantage with others. You can fight me with scout, light tank, medivac, I'll own you, but fight me with demo or antigrav I'll feed you like hell. There's some kind of risk for most of players. Ofc I don't talk about skilled guys who are strong with every tank of the game, but about common players.
(2014-03-28, 11:17:17)Flygplan Wrote: Is not like some of the starting tanks are far better then the others anyway so random carry little to no risk, basicly free money.

good pointSmile

(2014-03-28, 13:57:30)Max Wrote: Sure there's no starting tank way better than others, but still every player have some advantage with tanks, and disadvantage with others. You can fight me with scout, light tank, medivac, I'll own you, but fight me with demo or antigrav I'll feed you like hell. There's some kind of risk for most of players. Ofc I don't talk about skilled guys who are strong with every tank of the game, but about common players.

yep
1 reward for random tanks is already enough
you really don't want to hand out more goodies to the top players as they will make better use of them than average / new players

i'd rather see 1-2 new weapons like gozo suggested
& buff items like area boost / kinetic shield / emergency repair - i haven't seen anybody using any of these items in the last ... hmm ... 100 ranked games?
(2014-03-28, 15:01:13)stibi- Wrote: i'd rather see 1-2 new weapons like gozo suggested
& buff items like area boost / kinetic shield / emergency repair - i haven't seen anybody using any of these items in the last ... hmm ... 100 ranked games?

You do not pay attention to my play?Confused
But i agree those support items are kinda unused
Marvin Wrote:The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million years, they were the worst too. The third ten million years I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline
(2014-03-28, 15:15:22)eSVau Wrote: You do not pay attention to my play?Confused

thanks to the most recent league bot update i'll be able to stalk you 24/7 Blush
(on every single account of yours!)
(2014-03-28, 13:57:30)Max Wrote: Sure there's no starting tank way better than others, but still every player have some advantage with tanks, and disadvantage with others. You can fight me with scout, light tank, medivac, I'll own you, but fight me with demo or antigrav I'll feed you like hell. There's some kind of risk for most of players. Ofc I don't talk about skilled guys who are strong with every tank of the game, but about common players.

Well you don't have to lane with the tanks you don't feel your good with.

I try to mid with demo, I find it far better at mid with its skill set then at lane plus its a slow starter to.

Well the best item I could think of for random right now is an anti creep weapon, prehaps with short range to make it both have usefull damage and make it somewhat of a risk to use.

So you get slight better farming abillity but no gold instant so you probably get your random gold over time.

This item sells for 0 gold and can not be purchased at junkyard to take away the option to sell it for gold.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random stat BENNIE.FM 3 3,770 2013-09-04, 01:37:34
Last Post: BENNIE.FM
  Random tinker Izumi 3 3,717 2012-04-09, 00:53:58
Last Post: LoveComesAgain
  All random? Random Tanks? AeroniumX 2 3,758 2012-03-05, 12:12:42
Last Post: LIoOoOoIL
  RANDOM HOT KEY BENNIE.FM 6 5,209 2010-10-10, 13:53:48
Last Post: olivercamel
  Random Events simply3 12 7,627 2010-04-04, 18:46:37
Last Post: simply3