Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titan's Shutdown
I'm not a fan of the Titan but if you want something that accelerates seiging then just give the Titan the seige pack aura or a skill that mimics it. It sounds crappy that a 25k tank has an ability that could be easily replaced with a 2500 item... and still... it's an additional inventory slot that could remain open for packs and frost lasers etc... I would be happy with an ability that lets me do double damage on buildings.
kittyonmyfoot Wrote:I'm not a fan of the Titan but if you want something that accelerates seiging then just give the Titan the seige pack aura or a skill that mimics it. It sounds crappy that a 25k tank has an ability that could be easily replaced with a 2500 item... and still... it's an additional inventory slot that could remain open for packs and frost lasers etc... I would be happy with an ability that lets me do double damage on buildings.
Siege Pack aura only increases damage of normal attacks to buildings. It does not increase damage dealt by weapons(magic damage). Trying to make an item(or a skill) that reduces magical resistance will be crazy imba if it would affect all units. And I don't know if it is even possible to affect only buildings by that. As I understand, scripting here is not accepted 'cause it surely would make game critically lag.

Suggestions?
And Thou shalt trust... The Seer.
Що, блядь, навчився читати українською?
Гнойный буйволизм, товарищи, - это ГБ!
Vomitus Wrote:
kittyonmyfoot Wrote:I'm not a fan of the Titan but if you want something that accelerates seiging then just give the Titan the seige pack aura or a skill that mimics it. It sounds crappy that a 25k tank has an ability that could be easily replaced with a 2500 item... and still... it's an additional inventory slot that could remain open for packs and frost lasers etc... I would be happy with an ability that lets me do double damage on buildings.
Siege Pack aura only increases damage of normal attacks to buildings. It does not increase damage dealt by weapons(magic damage). Trying to make an item(or a skill) that reduces magical resistance will be crazy imba if it would affect all units. And I don't know if it is even possible to affect only buildings by that. As I understand, scripting here is not accepted 'cause it surely would make game critically lag.

Suggestions?
U sure... last I checked it reduced armor to fortified. that would affect all attacks
kittyonmyfoot Wrote:U sure... last I checked it reduced armor to fortified. that would affect all attacks
Nor type of armor neither its value affect actual damage taken from magic-class damage. It only affects magic type of 'normal' attack like if creep for ex had an attack type 'Magic' with that blue icon on it.
This was said not long ago by Exodus, as I remember, but I don't remember where or when exactly.
I'll make this as simple as possible.

Spell damage: no reduction from any armor class whatsoever. This INCLUDES armor rating! Includes every weapons of players and skills( AKA spells).
Siege damage: Guard spawns and mortar teams. Extra damage to fortified armor.
Normal damage: Banshee spawns (ghost tanks). Extra damage against medium, lower damage against fortified armor.
Magic damage: reduced damage against fortified, 200% against heavy armor (this includes players). Only the aura creeps have it (troop command center)
Piercing damage: Bonus against ligth armor, reduced against medium and fortified.
Chaos damage: 100% to all armor types. Is reduced by armor rating.

Fortified armor: Most buildings.
Medium armor: Commander creeps (they have chaos attacks too) AKA the flamethrowers guys.
Heavy armor: All player tanks and a lot of creeps too.
Ligth armor: Most flying creeps.

"Physical" damage, which is affected by armor type, armor rating and defensive skills (like Heavy tank passive skill) is everything BUT spell damage.

I havent seen "unarmored" armor type in the game. Wasn't paying attention to it though...

Litterally, that means no amount of armor tweaking skills, auras and whatnot will affect damage output made by players. Notable exceptions, all the skills that clearly states that target takes X% more damage by spells (example: demon tank "W" skill), or less (like the trader "W" skill, which absorbs magic damage). Likewise, auras that upgrades attack damage and speed will NOT affect damage of player weapons and skills, because they do not affect spells.

"Weapons" in Btanks are based off on a single spell (Phoenix fire), and therefore are not influenced by any and all buffs and debuffs in the game, unless it clearly states it affects MAGIC damage. As there is no mechanics in W3 that modifies spell delays (except levels, AFAIK), weapons are thus immune to outside influence.

More info on this can be gained through Battle.net strategy compendiums.
oic... so i need the mortar team from the seige pack to do all that delicious damage. >.<
I think this would make it interesting: An ability that, when fired on a tank attaches a 'leech' of a sort. It could, maybe do some minor damage over time or slow him down, but that's minor. When this 'leech' or 'parasite' thing-infested tank gets near a building, either the building takes damage, or the building explodes.. something of that nature. Temporary, of course, but I think it's a rather flexible skill. The titan can use it on someone to deter them staying near a factory, or activate it on someone near a factory specifically to do damage to it.
@Centreri: Interesting proposition indeed. I'd say it should:
a) make infected tank more vulnerable to weapons(20-50%)
b) auto-explode when tank gets near building causing 3k(5lvl, +200% to buildings) dmg in a small radius(building healing radius:) ).
Vomitus Wrote:b) auto-explode when tank gets near building causing 3k(5lvl, +200% to buildings) dmg in a small radius(building healing radius:) ).
may be you can do it as a multiplier of their gold value so noobs won't do as much damage and pros would do more.
Ok guys, you now had some time to come up with some ideas and now I'd like you to focus on an abitiy you want to have in the map.

So now is the time to concentrate on the given suggestions and choose the one, which you think is the best. Its still possible to post something new, but this also has to have an endWink

So, post the suggestion you like the most, maybe with some modifiactions, so we can decide on an ability.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Titan has only one damaging ability vs air. This abilty must balance it vs. Sky Fortress.
Trolololo
horselance Wrote:Titan has only one damaging ability vs air. This abilty must balance it vs. Sky Fortress.
I agree, perhaps suggest an ability replacment that also affects air.
So, what about Centreri's suggestion with my corrections?
Additional info: this 'curse' must be held for 30 seconds, and explosion must not be activated for first 3 seconds. So if someone stays near building he will have time to get out to avoid building destruction(or to explode near a bunker that is less vulnerable).
Cooldown must be 40 seconds.

This skill can hit air of course, more than that - his mass damage skill will cause 1.5 times more damage(7500) - it is half of SF life(without hull).

Note: when such skill is targeting a Tank that has damage reduction this must be applied AFTER damage reduction.
Example:
Earth Robot has 30% DR. And Titan casts -50% DR on him.
After reduction: 70% damage received. After lowering resist: 70 + 70*50% = 105. 105% damage received.
Another example: ER has 30%DR, Titan casts -30% DR.
After reduction: 70% damage received. After lowering resist: 70 + 70*30% = 91% damage received.
Vote for:

Aura which damages Building
would be funny for such a much HP tank with invulnerablitiy.
And you can concentrate on the fight and mustn´t use the ability. Because at this late game phase you have to portal, and use up too 3 ohter active skills, still much to do.

Passive skill which damages buildings pls, 3 actives skill are enough
Captain-Iglu wo bist du^^
So something against structures? More micromanagement? Here's my suggestion...

[attachment=0]Inferno Bomb (W)

Fires a large fireball of napalm on target area. It burns the ground for 5 seconds, then minor flames for 10 seconds (Flames do 50% against structures). Main explosion and fire AOE 400. The point of the idea was, it has high flames so it also hit air (to increase the titans ability to fight air). Cast range 1200?

lv1: 750 explosion damage, 300 dmg pr sec major, 75 dmg pr sec minor
lv2: 1500 explosion damage, 600 dmg pr sec major, 150 dmg pr sec minor
lv3: 2250 explosion damage, 900 dmg pr sec major, 225 dmg pr sec minor
lv4: 3000 explosion damage, 1200 dmg pr sec major, 300 dmg pr sec minor
lv5: 3750 explosion damage, 1500 dmg pr sec major, 375 dmg pr sec minor

If something stand in the flames for 15 sec + explosion, they suffer 3000 dmg pr level of the skill. Can be effectively combined with hailfire to make the enemy ground tank to be stunned in the flames for long time.

Attached Files Image(s)

its a nice idea, but only 50% damage against buildings... i thought we want to replace shutdown with a game ending (building-destroying) spell...
Here is an abilty from a RPG map i work on.

Firestorm: Summons a fire storm on a target location which deals damage over time to units in it and slowing them.

Level 1: Deals 150 damage per second and slows for 15%
Level 2: Deals 300 damage per second and slows for 30%
Level 3: Deals 450 damage per second and slows for 45%
Level 4: Deals 600 damage per second and slows for 60%
Level 5: Deals 750 damage per second and slows for 75%

AoE: 500, Lasts 8 seconds, Units in Firestorm will take extra damage from Devil Explosion (20%)
Abilty dont need channeling and have 1 sec. casting time.

Its original is duststorm so i used some animation but wont fit for this of course, you can choose a good animation.
Trolololo
I actually like the siege mode Idea...

I think 1 interesting concept would be:
Siege Mode
Titan cannot move. (1.5 second to unsiege)
New Cannon added when in siege mode that has 1,500 range.
Targets Buildings only
Does X damage + Y damage per level.
Titan may not use other abilities when in siege mode (that alone is big enough of a disavantage).

That cannon's damage should be high enough to take out a level 25 armored laser tower in about 15 - 25 secondes at level 5. Since the hits will spread over all buildings within 1,500 range it should be balanced... having 3 titans in siege mode by your base means it flies into dust in no time.
But siege mode isn't possible due to lack of animations.
'SIEGE MODE' doesn't need a huge animation as much as a siege tank or anything. Just having a doom style aura around the tank with the new cannon firing would be enough... just something to distinct it from normal mode. If not possible, oh well... I'd love to see bombers (small planes similar to the flying drones)...

Bombing squad!! only question is: can you increase the range these actually attack at? Would be nice to have invincible bombers hitting buildings... Also, I believe it would be fairly cool with the titan...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long games - Supercell ; Titan Max 2 4,011 2014-03-28, 16:58:19
Last Post: Max
  HP Upgrades to beat Titan Wars Teo_live 26 23,342 2012-09-06, 16:55:43
Last Post: Teo_live
  2 Hour Titan Wars Boobies 16 13,137 2011-07-08, 12:48:27
Last Post: Smartie
  boring titan wars? mooneye 9 5,735 2009-10-24, 00:55:27
Last Post: mooneye
  Titan vs Skyfortress has no stun Gammagulp 13 6,674 2008-08-27, 22:57:34
Last Post: TKF