Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scout: balancing
The new balanced scout in 8.50

I think the 50 HP and weaker towers (i really dont like bulding time^^)make the scout much weaker for weapons with range 1000 or less, 2 basic magic for example.
But with long range he is still very fast and creeps much. Still to strong with long range. Maybe more slower or tank weapon nerf, or HP regeneration lower.
Captain-Iglu wo bist du^^
New scout tower needs an armor upgrade. It must have a 20 armor instead of 10. Because creeps just destroy it instantly.
Trolololo
I think we're losing sight of the problem here. Scout tank + long range = imba. When the scout tank came out, I was really excited, so many new strategies! The fact we are weakining the scout tank takes away its effectiveness in all strategies, and in my opinion, scout and long range was still a tiny bit imbalanced in .50, along with the fact that other strategies now suck. I think reducing effectiveness of long range is the better solution, along with partially rewinding the scouts abilities and stats.
So far, I don't think that Scout is that imba anymore. I have had a couple of games, always against one or two long-range Scouts, either in mid, or against one of them (also with Fireball Cannon or two Basic Magics on the lane, and it wasn't that hard to keep up with them anymore. I believe that Goblin Shredder now works fairly well against Scout.
Yeah, but once they have a gold hull and rocket hail, they can stay far enough away (until your lvl 23 and you have maxed the ulti), to easily kill you.
italyrools Wrote:Yeah, but once they have a gold hull and rocket hail, they can stay far enough away (until your lvl 23 and you have maxed the ulti), to easily kill you.

11,000 Gold means that the enemy likely has the ability to purchase a Demon Tank- in no way is that easy to take down with Rocket Hail + Gold Hull + Scout... Unless they decide to afk in the center for a half minute.

Long ranged is not overpowered.
Starcraft II
PandaBearGuy.614
Pleas back to main topic, imbalanced scout, scout is no tank for the late game. He is strong in the early game, but against heavy sky demon tanks he has no chance.

I played today 2-3 only pro games. I played on the lane first two games easy kills and easy creeping, k maybe the enemy skill was bit lower then mines. I was imba after short time
But in third game, against a strong player (depp^^) even with huge delay i was able to outceep my enemy and had stats 1:2 when i got skytank.
Still to strong with long range. K you need more skill becuase of weaker towers and less HP, but you can always stay in a range more than 1100.
if you dont believe me, play lane against me, maybe you can show me that i am wrongWink
Captain-Iglu wo bist du^^
Maybe ^^

(But maybe you are just better than your enemy, and maybe with demolisher woulde play 6:1 till sky tank Big Grin )
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
Carcharoth2 Wrote:Pleas back to main topic, imbalanced scout, scout is no tank for the late game. He is strong in the early game, but against heavy sky demon tanks he has no chance.

I played today 2-3 only pro games. I played on the lane first two games easy kills and easy creeping, k maybe the enemy skill was bit lower then mines. I was imba after short time
But in third game, against a strong player (depp^^) even with huge delay i was able to outceep my enemy and had stats 1:2 when i got skytank.
Still to strong with long range. K you need more skill becuase of weaker towers and less HP, but you can always stay in a range more than 1100.
if you dont believe me, play lane against me, maybe you can show me that i am wrongWink

Basically i think that it's too early to judge if the nerf was enough or not. On side lanes there is the possibility of countering with antigrav as well, which might be a way to deal with it (I don't know what deep was playing against you, with light tank it's definitly very difficult, with other tanks it might be easier, but as i said we need more experience with 8.50).
First of all, I would just like to say that anyone who claims to only play with Pros is lying. I am the only player I know of who does not have a real job, organizes a BT clan and plays all day long, and gets paid to do so through endorsements of actual companies. So stop making false claims...

(I hope you detected the faint hint of sarcasm, 'Pros' don't exist... this is a freaking WC3 custom map and it's not even mentioned in a Bass Hunter song - try again)

Secondly, I agree w/ qewqew (or w/e his name is) about the general imba issues of the 8.4* scout and the need for general armor requirements. The scout still needs the bounty issue fixed, the tower imo is still too good for creeping, and bc the gun is 1300 and creep only, it is too good at farming (thought the long cooldown should defintely stay). I would also like to take him up on the offer to test scout strategies, so fido1, sign me up for that game too =). (I don't think 2 basic magics and a hull is the golden ticket).

Thirdly, to address some of the posts about how to easily counter scouts, I'm going to have to disagree. If you are playing a game w/ 3 scouts mid who have 950+ range weapons, it is VERY hard to do anything to them. If you are the demolisher, you maight get lucky and pick some off if you get to level 4-6 before they get a hull (though they will undoubtidly level faster than you bc they do more damage). If you have a shredder or grav tank, in most cases it won't matter because the scouts will creep better than you, and therefore their creeps will be on the advance. It's very hard to assassinate anyone when you have 3 ranged tanks in a swarm of middle lane of creep spawns. IMO, the best you can do is match that strategy until you upgrade to a better tank or an exploder who can deal 5,600 and teleport more than 2800.
Scout is balanced... Most peeps go long range and that makes it look imba cuz u cant get close, but I garantee u this, if the player makes one mistake and runs off little too late ==> stun with rocket & death follows.

Got troubles with scouts? Get a heli and eat some meat... Their speed rlly makes it for a scout very hard, and forces it to camp which greatly reduces it farm capabilities.
well most of the last posts are from the end of July. What means since the tower gets weaker he is quite balancedSmile. Some people are afraid of the strong regeneration, but if that gets weaker too I am afraid light tank will be way stronger than scout :mrgreen:
Random Player
- noob, nobody, medium, pro - we will see what happens ^^
I think the tower could be stronger (faster building) and the regen weaker
Scouts are fine the way they are now...

Today, i bought heli with basic and went for second, with rocket lvl 2, the guy didnt stand a chance, i killed him 26 times in 10 mins.

So far for our "imba" scout...
This thread should be locked. Scout is perfectly balanced.
I agree, Scout's balanced now, but no need to close the thread, something new might come up ;-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tank Mana/Energy Balancing gozo1985 0 2,630 2014-04-25, 02:35:56
Last Post: gozo1985
  Distributor balancing gozo1985 2 2,910 2013-09-06, 01:08:36
Last Post: RaptorXI
  nice balancing elo system Crag_Hack 9 8,278 2012-08-29, 20:32:37
Last Post: Althend
  Why scout have low hp? AeroniumX 10 7,490 2012-04-07, 20:35:10
Last Post: progg
  Balancing teleport costs RikonVan 13 8,782 2011-11-29, 00:17:42
Last Post: progg