Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugreport until 8.15
Minor BUG :!:

The force zeppelins has a difference. The Dark/Light force zeppelins has unarmored, while reinforcement zeppelins has normal armor.

Also 2 troops get stucked for some reason in front of dark force base. This happens every combat
MAJOR BUG (can finish game in two minutes)

WatchConfusedhock:

EDIT (Bob666): Link removed... and could you please describe what you did to win the game?! what if everyone posted replays, i would first have to find the right version, then watch a replay of 30 minutes or something, well, thats different in this case.... its already fixed... (as i read the name)... i dont watch replays at all!
EDIT (Bob666): Description removed... i already said the bug is fixed, i know it, and to not let others know the bug, i deleted the replay....

EDIT: Also it was unneccessary to delete the link to the replay. And kind of insulting to me too. You are the map maker. If you would like people to post bugs so that you can make your map better, it's probably not wise to just ignore them or assume you know what theyre talking about. As i've posted replays in the past (old forums) and never received a complaint, i thought it would be ok to do so again. Apparently not. If you can't take the time to watch a 3 minute replay, then perhaps i won't take the 10 minutes to make one, upload, and post it. The replay will load the correct map and all you have to do is look at the version number in the scoreboard.

Well i won't be posting any replays in the future. But i will continue to post bugs. I'd just like to not be ignored. There are still bugs around from old versions. Example is bug i posted for 8.12 in this thread. Still around. We're 8.15 now.
Isit possible to use control point teleporter into enemy base?
Just re-reporting the "speed bug" since Bob666 thinks it's not one:

From http://btanks.de/board/viewtopic.php?t=348
Bob666 Wrote:
pretense Wrote:well why hasnt anything been done about it

its like exodus or bob666 want to have cheats in it.

i think we have different opinions about what a bug is... thats no bug, not really...
HOW in the world is that NOT a bug?

Here's the cold hard facts. Red means it is BUGGED

Helicopter
DEF: 280
US: 355
TS: 430
SKL: 430
SKLUS: 430
SKLTS: 430

Air Ship
DEF: 300
US: 375
TS: 450
SKL: 450
SKLUS: 450
SKLTS: 450

Sky Tank
SKL: 450
SKLUS: 450

Goblin Shredder
SKL: 375
SKLUS: 375

Goblin Tank
SKLUS: 375

• LEGEND:
  • DEF = Default tank speed when you buy it. No ability learned.
  • US = Default tank speed + Upgrade Speed item
  • TS = Default tank speed + Turbo Speed item
  • SKL = Learn full 'speed skill' ability + No items
  • SKLUS = Learn full 'speed skill' ability + Upgrade Speed item
  • SKLTS = Learn full 'speed skill' ability + Turbo Speed item

All speed skills and speed items say "does not stack". It is clear from the statistics, that in air units it does not stack. But in ground tanks, it DOES stack, ONLY if it is Turbo Speed and not Upgrade Speed.

YES THIS IS A BUG. It contradicts the tooltips. And it makes it unfair for air units because they can't cheat in the same way.

I reported this bug in 8.12 in this thread. Yet another example where i am igored and forced to go 'all-out' go get my point across...
well.. anyway.. air can fly over the map, as ground u will still have problems catching them, so its finde, isn't it? ^^
Not yet totally dead, you can find the Team and possibly new and old Players on our new Discord Server. Join by this Instant Invite: https://discord.gg/FbbGbHj
But its kinda weird that this only happens with one of those items ...
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Saiyuki Wrote:well.. anyway.. air can fly over the map, as ground u will still have problems catching them, so its finde, isn't it? ^^
You can still get goblin tank or shredder and buy turbo speed item without learning gobling-turbo ability. This will give you 450 speed (max) without using the bug.

If you learn goblin turbo in those tanks and buy turbo speed item, you will get the damage reduction bonus also. But it says it's not meant to stack in this case.

If it's intentional for it to stack, then why not change the tooltip and remove the "does not stack". Also if this is the case, it doesn't make sense for only 'turbo speed' to work and 'upgrade speed' to do nothing

Goblin Tank
SKLUS: 375 <---
hmm sorry i dont get the bug... when two things dont stack, its just normal that the better thing counts. thats exactly what happens here. nothing stacks, no bugs. if you skill the upgraded speed for a goblin vehicle and buy a turbo speed, wouldnt it be bugged if you only got +75 speed instead of the +150 that the turbo speed grants? it would be bugged or stacking if you got +225 speed, but you dont. please just think about it before you post stuff like that.
yep, right
What happens now is:

#1 The tooltips are contradicted. As i said if it's an intentional stack, then CHANGE THE TOOLTIPS TO REFLECT THAT FACT.

#2 People who actually read tooltips before buying items, won't know that it DOES stack.

#3 UPGRADE SPEED HAS NO EFFECT.

#4 If learn speed skill, then buying upgrade speed HAS NO EFFECT ITS USELESS WASTE OF MONEY. WHO THEN, SEEING NO SPEED BONUS, WILL UPGRADE IT TO TURBO SPEED? NO ONE!!!

#5 Why should the goblin tank be so fast? It does alot of close range damage why make it hunt people so easily?

#6 Why give it all the bonuses? It's alot better if you give people the choice - "a bit of speed and damage reduction" (learn speed skill) OR "full speed BUT no damage reduction". Where is the goblin's weakness? Should it get all the bonuses? Full speed, damage reduce, insane close range damage. Makes it too much of a killer tank.

Doesn't matter what you think... The tooltips, and the way the thing stacks, is inconsistent. Because when you upgrade your skill ability you get a max speed of 375 which is normal. So you only need 75 more speed to reach max map speed (450). But buying Upgrade Speed (75 speed) DOES NOTHING. Only the Turbo Speed (150 speed) adds 75 speed. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE. AND NO ONE WILL KNOW ABOUT IT SO IT WONT BE USED.
Well, as Satan said, the tooltip is not wrong. A fixed speed bonus won't stack (a %-bonus on the other hand would stack), the only thing thats not mentioned is, that the higher speed bonus takes effect. Apart from that, its neither a bug nor a wrong tooltip.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
keep cool, dogg1...

base speed + goblin turbo adds 75 speed
base speed + upgraded speed adds 150 speed

but it does not stack, right? so wc3 takes the better one, upgraded speed...
thats base speed + 150, or if you see it like that, goblin turbo + 75
Bob666 Wrote:keep cool, dogg1...

base speed + goblin turbo adds 75 speed

Does the damage reduction still happen though? That's one of my gripes.

Base speed is 300.
Gob turbo skill is 75 speed + damage reduction
Upgrade speed item is 75
Turbo speed item is 150.

Base + gob turbo = 300+75 = 375
Base + upgrade speed = 300+75 = 375
Base + turbo speed = 300+150 = 450
Base + gob turbo + upgrade speed = 300+75+75 = 375!!!! (not 450)
Base + gob turbo + turbo speed = 300+75+150 = 450. (funny, no? do you still get damage reduce in this case?)

This is the problem. Why must you buy 150 speed, to get 75 extra. This is the case ONLY with this tank. And how are people meant to know this? ESPECIALLY when the tooltip is labeled "does not stack" as well as the speed items.

It doesn't matter about the inner workings of the map and how wc chooses things. That can be reprogrammed. The issue is that the tooltips and the items don't make sense.

How about writing in the tooltip that the skill "ONLY STACKS WITH TURBO SPEED AND NOT UPGRADE SPEED"? Thats a quick and DIRTY fix (and not a fix at all, if the damage reduce doesnt stack).

You can also allow upgrade speed to stack, thus not requiring you to upgraee it to Turbo Speed (not good, makes tank too powerful too easily).

The best would be to simply make it ignore the speed items, if the gob turbo skill is learnt. Can't you do this? Isn't it as simple as how the trader can't buy power packs? (gob SHOULD b able to buy, as long as he doesnt learn gob turbo).
Exodus Wrote:Well, as Satan said, the tooltip is not wrong. A fixed speed bonus won't stack (a %-bonus on the other hand would stack), the only thing thats not mentioned is, that the higher speed bonus takes effect. Apart from that, its neither a bug nor a wrong tooltip.

OK so.... obviously the gob turbo has a 'fixed speed bonus' which prevents the upgrade speed from stacking but not the turbo speed. Because the turbo speed is higher, it overrides the gob turbo (and it's damage reduction?) is this right?

If this is the case, then people also won't know that by buying their speed item, that their damage reduction will be cancelled. Again, no way for an average player to know this. Unless you change something.

Can you program like a 'priority' or something, can you make the map choose which item to actually 'use', if you are carrying both? I'm thinking of a sword from enfo's team survival. Life steal sword would only stack with the -10 armour reducing sword, but not with the -20 armour reducing one. They both did the same thing (-armour). But obviously the mapmaker chose which one stacks and which doesnt.
the damage reduction is never removed when buying another speed item
DOGG1 Wrote:If this is the case, then people also won't know that by buying their speed item, that their damage reduction will be cancelled. Again, no way for an average player to know this. Unless you change something.

this is not really surprising because the damage reduction IS NOT CANCELLED.

i dont know where you got your supreme information, anyway please check it out before you report these "bugs"

thank you

/edit

same minute, same content Smile
Buying basic speed item for shredder and goblin tank has no benefit which have goblin turbo skill. You have to upgrade it for reaching top speed. Similar tank will then have same speed as goblin tank with same item, then the goblin turbo doesn't provide much turbo, eh?

Maybe add additional info on hints: Combining speed skills and speed bonus item won't help; These does not stack and only the best bonus will apply.
DerSatan Wrote:i dont know where you got your supreme information, anyway please check it out before you report these "bugs"

blah blah blah
Learn to read genius

DOGG1 Wrote:Does the damage reduction still happen though?

DOGG1 Wrote:Because the turbo speed is higher, it overrides the gob turbo (and it's damage reduction?) is this right?

If this is the case...
Bob666 Wrote:the damage reduction is never removed when buying another speed item
I mean only in this particular case:

Bob666 Wrote:base speed + goblin turbo adds 75 speed

You say it chooses the upgrade speed because it's "better". You mean bigger value (150)? Then does that item override the gob turbo? It overrides the speed right? But does it completely remove all effects of gob turbo ie damage reduction?