Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give up with 2 players difference
I'd suggest that if a team has 2 players less they may give up without penalty. Also the 2 missing players would get negative points then (otherwise you could just leave a game you'd loose and tell the rest of the team to give up afterwards).

How about it?

When there's 2 players difference the game just becomes way too unbalanced.
With 1 player it's already kinda imbalanced - depending on how good that player was either for the team with more, or the team with less players (though, normally the team with more players wins)

You could also add that this only applies after 5 minutes with 2 players less and after typing -giveup you will get a message if it applies or not.

What do you think?

Getting used to the Sand everywhere. At least it brings us map updates.
Yes but in team where are 5 players is always someone who dont want giveup...
They can always use advantage of more players and try to takce CP... Actually i dont why they should want to giveup.
Suchý listí prdel vždy očistí.
The war of Gods started long before on their own planet.
http://www.ektoplazm.com/
(2011-08-24, 13:32:14)seruv-lese12let Wrote: Yes but in team where are 5 players is always someone who dont want giveup...
They can always use advantage of more players and try to takce CP... Actually i dont why they should want to giveup.

Me neither - at least for the team with more players. But with 2 players less you actually have no chance anymore if you don't already have titans while the other team still plays helisBig Grin
(2011-08-24, 22:27:27)griffin1987 Wrote: But with 2 players less you actually have no chance anymore if you don't already have titans while the other team still plays helisBig Grin
Nonsense...
Watch replay i added to this post if u dont believe.
And im sure there are many games like we played with Daminator3.
Ok we are both skilled players, so we had advantage, cause noobs left.
Anyway its good on this game that there are many situations - like playing 3v5, 2v4 etc. enjoy it Wink

Attached Files
.w3g   LastReplay.w3g (Size: 1.28 MB / Downloads: 210)
3v5 is loose for the 3team in 90% situations. only way to win having only 2 team mates is if all are decent players with good teamplay wich is rare situation.
From what I've seen the team with the 2 player difference would lose regardless of whether or not the 2 players stayed or left in the first place. Most of the time 3v5 matches happen when "feeders" or afkers are kicked by their own team. There is the rare occasion when a good player drop's or leaves for personal reasons; however, the 3v5 situation is 99% of the time self-inflicted by the team of 3. This means they would just lose simply because the feeder/afker is on their team due to the "balancing" at the beginning regardless of whether they kick them or not. Adding an incentive to create 3v5 situations in which losing would yield no penalty would just lead to more unjust kicks. If I were in that situation I would simply try to make all of my games 3v5 since I have on occasion won those games and losing would not affect my rank at all see how broken that is?
There is another proof, that u can really play 3v5.

Attached Files
.w3g   LastReplay.w3g (Size: 1.99 MB / Downloads: 185)
Prog is right, 3v5 the 3 lose almost all the time.

For the 3 to win they need to have the 2 leavers before 5 mins AND they need to be skilled team players.

- Rob
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.
I would like you to show replay in which we won 2v4 with a very good self-discipline vs few skilled players and one noob i didnt believe we will win. Leavergold has really huge influence on many bt league games EnjoySmile !

Attached Files
.w3g   baltic.w3g (Size: 1.95 MB / Downloads: 203)
it was like 3-2 blue plays like he would be not there just creeping wont help us get cps at the end he ask me for armor for titan i did for him and he buy infernal just waste my gold
Don't worry, don't cry, take ecstasy and flyExclamation
teams were horrible just 1 player difference but according to balance this was unbelieveable to win amazing teamplay wonSmile impossible is nothing

Attached Files
.w3g   pros down.w3g (Size: 1.54 MB / Downloads: 210)
(2011-12-24, 13:58:01)El_Polacco Wrote: teams were horrible just 1 player difference but according to balance this was unbelieveable to win amazing teamplay wonSmile impossible is nothing

its called leavergold...
new babySmile http://league.btanks.net/game.php?gameid=26402 shame on this guysBig Grin but they had 1 pro

Attached Files
.w3g   2v5.w3g (Size: 1.42 MB / Downloads: 196)
Here u can see another replay in which grey rebuyed tanks at votekick and in half time of game pink he had just thunder and 3x bombarding rockets until he dced done armor upgrades which was useless for us in this time of game cause my mates needed cash for tanks. Is it bannable?
In spite of bad situation and playing 3v5 unfortunately we won them. Good teamplay and leavergold can sometimes beat everything

Attached Files
.w3g   nartak and clear96.w3g (Size: 1.92 MB / Downloads: 181)
Then people will kick 1 or 2 feeders to save their score. That is stupid but more importantly less stupid than actually caring about your battle tanks score in the first place.
So much games could be won by playing 3vs5, just depending on team play... Giveup command should be deleted from btanks. An example of a game we played 4vs5 till the begining (ok only one player difference) and because 0 team play (playing with modests players, even with lot more kills and tanks... :O) we are loosing, lost 3 cp, 5 fac, one player wants to giveup. Finally 2 players went afk we finished 3vs4 and won because other team had worse team play at the more important moment of the game. And i would remind you the game (but already did) were El_Polacco won when he played 2vs5. The more important in bt isn't about playing 5vs5 or 4vs4, it's about team play. Imo.

Attached Files
.w3g   Game 27461.w3g (Size: 2.9 MB / Downloads: 189)
(2012-03-13, 09:33:44)Max Wrote: So much games could be won by playing 3vs5, just depending on team play... Giveup command should be deleted from btanks. An example of a game we played 4vs5 till the begining (ok only one player difference) and because 0 team play (playing with modests players, even with lot more kills and tanks... :O) we are loosing, lost 3 cp, 5 fac, one player wants to giveup. Finally 2 players went afk we finished 3vs4 and won because other team had worse team play at the more important moment of the game. And i would remind you the game (but already did) were El_Polacco won when he played 2vs5. The more important in bt isn't about playing 5vs5 or 4vs4, it's about team play. Imo.

Teamplay and skill. It's (rather) easy to make comebacks in normal pub games, but if you're 4vs5 in a private (clan) game due to disconnect, you normally end the game or someone leaves to balance it out again.

Funny how long after the initial post I still get replies ^^
And I also suggested removing the -giveup option altogether, but there are just way too many people who only play a game till the end if they think they'll win (which, imho, makes them bad losers, but for everyone their own ... )

Edit: Just so you don't think I'm contradicting myself: The suggestion about getting a draw from giving up 3vs5 or 2vs4 was with the current situation in ranked games in mind, where too often people you don't know leave for unknown reason or disconnect, and then (most of the time, not always - I know that myself) you loose the game due to some factor you can't really control and which not depends on your skill.

Some other suggestion just now came to my mind: You could take the total played gametime of both teams into account when calculating lost / won points, so that if there are 2 people dropping, and the rest of the team still finishes the game 3vs5, they loose less points and are able to win more. How about that? That way, if they would instantly give up afterwards, they would just lose normally with all the point decrease as it is right now, but they would be motivated to finish the game, to lose less points or maybe win more.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Training by Elite Players sherl0ck 1 3,199 2014-06-21, 10:58:39
Last Post: RaptorXI
  Players ruining games psycodiver 3 3,208 2013-12-24, 04:41:25
Last Post: gozo1985
  Give up on Tinker in League toyboatt 38 33,199 2012-04-07, 10:46:32
Last Post: EarthR
  Kicking qualified players from Qualify-Bot applecheese 6 5,302 2012-04-04, 12:25:20
Last Post: applecheese
  Players should never be unkickable griffin1987 6 4,969 2011-05-17, 00:21:53
Last Post: griffin1987