Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream Team Semi final
GEN_Schwarzkopf Wrote:Prohunter said it best.
whatelse..?!! everyone out of your team is just trashtalking... bla bla bla. like me.. haha..
im sick of you!

you're the one and perfect.. bla bla.. nothing but you.. the world is turning around you.. bla bla.. BLA
so sick of this.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Aggi :wink:
Gustave Le Bon "... Die Einseitigkeit und Überschwänglichkeit der Gefühle der Massen bewahren sie vor Zweifel und Ungewissheit. Den Frauen gleich gehen sie sofort bis zum Äußersten. ...".
I ask "what is fairness?", you answer "this is an example of something unfair". But that is not was I was asking for, I wanted to know what "fairness" is! It's not equality you claimed, but what is it then?
GEN_Schwarzkopf Wrote:Round 5 was scheduled unfairly: Only 1 team had to play 3 games, ALL other teams only played 1 game. It is not fair for 1 team to have 3 games and all other teams to have 1 game. It doesn't matter what team it is, it is unfair scheduling to them and they should have a right to reschedule at least 1 of the games.

So, in the future if you schedule it this way, be sure to provide some flexibility for any team that has to play more games in the same weekend than other teams. Learn from this.

I think I finally got what you complained. You are saying it is wrong to let a team (any team) to play 3 games in a weekend. But not only saying it is wrong to let Dream Team to play 3 games in a weekend.

I have to say I misunderstood your point at the beginning of this post (maybe my english not good enough). It is also partly because you sent me the msg saying the time I made was "bloody confusing", and saying the btt rule is not good. Those sound to me more like to deny completely the work/effort I and other btt-staff made for BTT. Then I got angry and said some emotional words. But glad that I apologized in time.

Indeed, the Dream Team was forced to play 3 game in a weekend. Multiple reasons led to this result:
(1) DT had 2 dc in previous round, so 1 game was delayed. Otherwise you got only 2 game in the weekend.
(2) I scheduled DT to do 3 games in a weekend.
(3) DT give feedback too late.

For (1) I think we cannot blame anyone, because no one wanted and no one can control the dc. What i can say is bad luck.

For (2), it is my reason (you may call it my fault) to schedule 3 games for 1 team. But on my defense, I didn't do this on purpose especially against DT. Because:

(a) I didn't realize 3 games are too much for a team when make the schedule. (cuz i normally play more than 3+ league game in a weekend). But now I agree it is different when in the case of organizing a whole team for high competition games. 3 games are a little hard to accomplish when people have normal life.
(b) I wanted to finish the BTT faster, because the later it finishes, the more time I and other BTT-staff will spend. And some other players also wanted it fast.
© The schedule is not the "bias/prejudice/discrimination" only for DT. Simply because, if Next-Gen wins, they could've have 3 games too. And I have no reason to have "bias/prejudice/discrimination" for any team. If I really hate DT, I could've found an execuse to stop you from registration already.

For (3), what I can say is, if you tell me 3 games are too much before the 1st game, I could think about it and maybe change the schedule already from there. I tried my best to inform DT 38 hours before the 1st game. And the msg was clear that you will have 3 games. (I don't accept you saying the game time was confusing.) Maybe I should give more than 38 hours for your team (this is what we can imporve in the next BTT), but honestly, your team should share the responsibility that you didn't give me the feedback fast enough.

So, your point is taken that the BTT organizer should avoid the possibility that any team can have too much games (>= 3) in the same weekend, (preferrablely 1 game only). This is what we can imporve in the next BTT (if there will be next one).

Your point about the BTT organizer should provide more flexibility for a team is also taken. In fact, we already gave like 38 hours flexibility to discuss the re-scheduling. But there is still room to imporve the flexibility, I agree.

About the rmk, I will try to contact Essi and suggest Old Sluts team to have a rmk with DT. I can try to help to make it happen, e.g. if Old sluts don't have enough players, I can play too.

But unfortunately, I still have to say that no one can force the rmk to happen, because the rmk is agaisnt the BTT rules. If we ignore the rules to force the rmk, it is not fair for the other teams. You can say the BTT rules are not good enough, which I agreed before and will think about to imporve it in the future, but what done is done. So now it is still Essi and Old Sluts who decide whether or not a rmk can happen. I sent message to Essi already, but didn't hear the result from him yet. Will announce the result later.

PS1: I think we shouldn't delete Agginator's post. His word is a bit emotional. But everyone has right to speak. You cannot shut up someone because you don't want to listen to him in a forum. (btw, I am also called a person "with problem of personality").

PS2: If you don't want to answer more about Inde's the "fairness" question, I think the forum admin can close this thread.
i said what the most think.
i've done it all my life. the most hate me for this but i don't care 'bout.
my opinion is my opinion. how you all handle it isn't my work.

@gen: don't pm me, everyone should know everything to make their own opinion 'bout this discussion.

i'm out.
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

StarCraft II: Aggi, Charcode: 110
steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002344056
League of Legends: Agginator
Dear OliverCamel,

I think we finally gotten to understand the situation properly. I appreciate that you have listened. I'm glad we sorted this out and I'll let to put this to rest.

Dear Agginator,

I have nothing against you, never did. It just seemed rude and obnoxious that so many misinformed people posted their opinion when they didn't understand the issue. They wonder why I get upset when people don't understand the problem and I get upset and express what happened in negative terms. What happened to us, and a few other teams was negative and could have been avoided with a little more patience and flexibility.

The point of the tournament is to have fun and bring the community together, not drive people away never to come back. The perception of unfairness and uncourteous has the effect of damaging and dividing the battle tanks community and promotes stereotypes and bad relationships.

You think I was trashtalking when I was not, I was trying to clarify a problem and it was difficult to do so for such a mixed audience around the world who don't necessarily know english. It's not easy.

When my voice met so many ucaring callous remarks the debate did degrade to personal attacks, so please don't fuel that fire. You will notice the quote of me saying "Prohunter said it best" was immediately removed.

You will also notice that OliverCamel, Gummyman and others also removed any comments they made that might have been unnecessarily inflammatory. I'd appreciate it if you removed your post as it serves no purpose to but to demonstrate that you dont' understand the issue while OliverCamel does. Look at your post and look at his. Do you see the difference here?

We're all supposed to be friends.

- Rob
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.
Prog Wrote:I ask "what is fairness?", you answer "this is an example of something unfair". But that is not was I was asking for, I wanted to know what "fairness" is! It's not equality you claimed, but what is it then?

I did answer this, I provided an example of fairness:

GEN_Schwarzkopf Wrote:Fair and reasonable for everyone would be to arrange it so every team only had 1 game per weekend, as it is reasonable to expect teams to find a good time to play 1 game per weekend.

I don't want to spend any more time discussing semantics.
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.
Until today, I still did not get positive confirmation from Old Sluts team for about the rmk. So I guess they are not really willing to do it. And therefore it is better not to wait anymore, and let the BTT2010 ends.

Sorry that Dream Team was forced to do 3 games in 1 weekend. It was a bit unfair. If there will be next BTT and I am still there, we will try to avoid this situation happen again.

Congrat that Dream Team got 3rd rank in the BTT.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BTT Final olivercamel 17 13,974 2010-10-02, 21:02:06
Last Post: Althend
  Welcome to the 15th Team [RAF]PvPGN Orthodox 1 3,467 2010-08-26, 11:54:42
Last Post: hsy1
  Looking for a team or a member? olivercamel 14 11,075 2010-08-22, 23:52:52
Last Post: olivercamel
  Welcome to the 14th team "Dream Team" olivercamel 1 2,044 2010-08-22, 16:46:47
  Welcome to the 13th team "KOREA #2" olivercamel 1 1,950 2010-08-22, 16:45:32