Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BTT-Round3
Prog Wrote:I don't understand why Gen_Schwarzkopf got speed before any weapons with hunter, it just seems unreasonable to me. One could easily argue that the other players will get the creepkills instead and the less weapons of him are no problem, but that is false. The point is this: If you play 2v2+ situations and you are very unbalanced in weapons (i.e. one player got most weapons the other nearly non) the opponents will focus their single target spells on the player with the more weapons to kill him as fast as possible. When they succeed doing so the damage output becomes so low, that the other, low-equipment-tank is no threat any more and will most likely get killed or has to retreat without getting any bounty. It's basicly like a normal focus fire micro situation in any rts. So when playing a strategy which creates item imbalances in one team, you need to gain something to (over)compensate the later disadvantage of getting focus fired. But I don't see any sufficient advantage in getting the early speed.

PS: Not gonna write my thoughts on every situation/player of the game, would be just way too much so I only comment on the points allready brought up by others.

The speed advantage is very useful in an offensive situation, as well as to take full advantage of any mistakes the enemy team makes, such as in previous games. Sake-AA played a tight game so it was of little use, and it was the wrong choice for defending a base seige.

You're right, my lack of weapons and armor made me combat ineffective, especially due to the enemy hunter, who deserves credit for keeping me from successful counter attack. He did a good job.

- Rob
Former Chieftain of Clan toaf on US EAST  *Retired*

Just playing for the fun of it now.
hsy1 Wrote:Congrats on IntRacial but one cant help from watching this game that both teams played defensive for the first 45 minutes just farming without any effort to capture/push cps that it became almost boring to watch at the start. IntRacial seem happy to farm and keep their kill count advantage dragging the game longer then what it really should have been. I understand what gummy means by us (BTCvsBesh game) was less like clanlike and more pubby but when one team clearly has a kill count advantage, it seem tedious to drag the game out instead of just finishing the game off. Nice defensive from BTFG and well played. Comments pls.

Watched the game yesterday and I'm not so sure I agree. When they started pushing around the 45th minute they died a fair few times trying. Also when you're in a comfortable lead there's no real need to push it further since you can just farm and wait for the opposite team to make a misstake and take the full advantage from that.

If you're already ahead you'll most likely farm more effecient making the lead even bigger so its also usually a good idea to wait until you've got 1 or more 14k+ tanks since its likely you'll get it before the other team. They used this fact to cap the right lane at great effect. Only thing they might have used more was when one of the guys failed getting his new tank around the 1h mark as discussed in the game.
SC2: Equiem (Charcode 990), whisper me if you wish to practise some 1vs1 or grab some achievements

Repeat while playing: "There is no such thing as luck in Btanks" - Now watch yourself improve tenfold