Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acid Cannon
Acid Canon is crap.

Althend says it so it is.
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
(2012-09-11, 20:27:11)Althend Wrote: Acid Canon is crap.

Althend says it so it is.

...........come play alth and talkBig Grin

Btw acid cannon is as all weapon a bit "troll" but a weapon.

BEST REGARDS
Btw. Acid Cannon is for Mid-Lategame. Everyone knows that rangeweapons are useless in lategame because everyone got teleporter. I think the balance between Goldcost and Dmg is good.
Why is this thread still going lol >.> ahhh well im bored and I have to set some records straight so ima break my promise.

@Earthr: I don't claim to be an "expert" nor do I want to ever be one (well not at Battletanks at least). Though I do claim to thoroughly research most of my topics before I post, something UnifiedDoom clearly hasn't shown much of as yet. As for your suggestion about playing in a team all worse then me that is quite unrealistic thanks to the team equilizer. Not to mention Acid Cannon is a support weapon, why choose a support weapon if you don't have a team to support? As for your paranoia/suspicion of me, I really couldn't care less. Just like when UnifiedDoom demanding replays, I just don't care enough about the topic or either one of you to be bothered so feel free to believe whatever you want (not like it makes a difference, even if I did reveal myself and/or sent replays you are both too biased to analyze it without saying "blahblah your team did everything").
But for the record I have 3 accounts and I have made this known on many occasions. 2 of which are publicly known Teo_live, UrbanFlare. Teo_live is my face-social inactive account. Urban is used by several people, so elo for both is at best not a reliable means to benchmark me. If you really are desperate to benchmark me, in battle tanks termanology consider me to be a high T3 or low T4 player according to elo. On an uninteresting side note I think elo is often very misleading and can be both overated and underated but that is an argument for another day.

(2012-09-11, 22:21:46)Perfektionist Wrote: Btw. Acid Cannon is for Mid-Lategame. Everyone knows that rangeweapons are useless in lategame because everyone got teleporter. I think the balance between Goldcost and Dmg is good.
There is no late game long range weapon so it is N/A. Also people get teleporter way before late game usually.

Anyway I decided to post here because it seems the situation has changed thanks to beta. The new tank Golliath with his inbuilt speed boost and terrain advantage makes Acid-Cannon quite useless. You lose all tactical and supportive advantages Acid Cannon provides. I don't think I will be able to play Acid Cannon without feeding if Goliath comes into league.........
(2012-09-12, 19:55:06)Teo_live Wrote: @Earthr: I don't claim to be an "expert" nor do I want to ever be one (well not at Battletanks at least).

(2012-09-12, 19:55:06)Teo_live Wrote: As one of the few Ranked players using Acid Cannon at least every second game

I'm pretty sure "expert" is defined as someone with experience... good job contradicting yourself, again.

(2012-09-12, 19:55:06)Teo_live Wrote: Though I do claim to thoroughly research most of my topics before I post, something UnifiedDoom clearly hasn't shown much of as yet.

I've played many games into tier 4, and I think I know enough about how those battles work to figure out what's good and what's not. Yes I admit I've never used acid cannon seriously in this phase of the game; however, I have played many games with air tank (excluding sky fortress) allies and allies with acid cannon during T4, and those people have always had very limitted usefulness to the overall strength of the team (most of the time they actually hinder the team by being easy kills for the enemy, worth a lot of money due to their high amount of weapons with relatively low hp).

(2012-09-12, 19:55:06)Teo_live Wrote: Anyway I decided to post here because it seems the situation has changed thanks to beta. The new tank Golliath with his inbuilt speed boost and terrain advantage makes Acid-Cannon quite useless. You lose all tactical and supportive advantages Acid Cannon provides. I don't think I will be able to play Acid Cannon without feeding if Goliath comes into league.........

and who was it that said...

(2012-09-12, 19:55:06)Teo_live Wrote: This gets shot down straight away as Acid Cannon is a poor choice for Soloing purposes. It is a support weapon, not a rambo weapon and as such you should never be too far from an ally. To be bait you don't have to stick your neck so far out that any random Sky Fortress can easily dust you. To be honest... I personally find just buying Acid Cannon is generally enough to be classified as "bait", people tend to suicide like crazy trying kill the Acid-bob.

Goliath would only be able to threaten a solo player with his mobility. But you don't go "solo" anyway (or so you say) so it shouldn't be a problem. By your own logic in the post about goliath, sky fortress would've already made acid cannon a terrible choice.

Goliath actually has a 1300 HOMING super powerful tank cannon so I think you really don't know what you're talking about. If anything Goliath might well be the first tank capable of using acid cannon effectively. I suppose that would actually mean you would have to switch tanks though (gee what a concept).
I usually don't butt into discussions like this (since this is not about Acid Cannon anymore, but rather a personal thing ...), but I don't want false information to be spread around. The tank cannon of the Goliath is, as it is explicitly stated in the tooltip, non-homing.

While I'm here I might as well answer to the original post. I guess it comes to no suprise to anyone, that I'm not going to remove the Acid Cannon. You don't like the playstyle of the Acid Cannon, I get that. But removing something, because players tend to use it in a inefficent way would lead to a pretty bland game.
This post has been brought to you by Sand - it's everywhere, get used to it.
Power to the people !!!
(2012-09-13, 13:06:23)cRo_best Wrote: Power to the people !!!

punk
(2012-09-13, 15:21:40)stibi- Wrote:
(2012-09-13, 13:06:23)cRo_best Wrote: Power to the people !!!

punk

in ur face !!

Plz make acid more cheaper so i can finish game faster Big Grin
(2012-09-13, 08:47:37)Exodus Wrote: I usually don't butt into discussions like this (since this is not about Acid Cannon anymore, but rather a personal thing ...), but I don't want false information to be spread around. The tank cannon of the Goliath is, as it is explicitly stated in the tooltip, non-homing.

While I'm here I might as well answer to the original post. I guess it comes to no suprise to anyone, that I'm not going to remove the Acid Cannon. You don't like the playstyle of the Acid Cannon, I get that. But removing something, because players tend to use it in a inefficent way would lead to a pretty bland game.
the problem isnt the item but the ppl that are using it.
Usually when you have 12k you either buy frosty or save for bigger tank so you can be useful to team and like i said earlier the timing for that is 40 min + . Since only less experienced players are buying the weapon they do harm the team(they take most creeps due to damage/range and they have the least hp in team ). So one suggestion that i might add is making the weapon cost more(15-20k) with additional damage ofc. that way whoever wants to use it wont harm the team at important timings in game.

@teo_live: i couldnt care less who are you or which accounts you use i really dont.
My point is that although elo might have it flaws its generally right (meaning in the long run you will always be around same elo) which represents players skill. Also i checked both of your accounts elos(the ones that you mentioned)
teo_live elo 1356 : you havent used this account in a while (although within 3 months since it exists). Seriously getting that low at elo means that your team always loses. And see who is the common player in those teams "surprise its you". That means that the very low elo player is doing something wrong and needs to change it so he gets better (my personal opinion you can argue about it but the prof is there)
I dont care what kind of skill you have but when you argue with players who clearly know how the game works i dont think you are in any position to argue to that extend.
Quote: Though I do claim to thoroughly research most of my topics before I post
If what you write here is true then if you spend more time playing and less researching you might become a good player and also
Here is a topic for you to research so you can argue about it with me later "FInd a way to win games or at least have some win strikes when your elo is above 1500"

about urbanflare accounts well i wont talk about them much since you say its a shared account but just a reference
at 1 realm it is inactive and has an elo 1447 (again really low elo)
and at another realm but this one is active its at 1484 again low elo.
Again all i see from the accounts you are using is that all your games you always have way better players as your teamates and for like 90% of the games (i am being generous here) you are considered to be 1 of the 2 worst players in team.

Quote: As for your suggestion about playing in a team all worse then me that is quite unrealistic thanks to the team equilizer. Not to mention Acid Cannon is a support weapon, why choose a support weapon if you don't have a team to support?
its quite unrealistic because your team loses most of the time dont blame it on team equilizer blame it on your skill level (my personal opinion from my own experience, even when i was less skilled i never fell that down at elo and with time i became better because I RESEARCHED THE GAME AND GOT SOME ADVICES FROM OTHER PLAYERS )
i know there are support items and tanks but a support weapon Huh
i dont know what you have been smoking but how is acid cannon a support weapon? it supports team at exactly what? i really must be stupid because i cant find a single way in which that weapon supports the team.
It supports the opposite team.

Anyway, All weapons can be used with efficacity but some does better than other. Nearly all the time saving for weapons is bad idea, since acida canon costs an arm, it is even worse.

You mesure the level of an item by comparing to the other option available. In that case, most other options are better.

Ofc you can troll and compensate by your own skill (tinker long range double teleport or architect lr ) but it will never reach the level of a optimized build.

Stop comparing your elo like "who has the biggest dick", this is ridiculous. The Btanks community is small, when you are good, everybody knows it and you become naturally famous.

If you want to be better, loves me!

(and there are enough tips provided in the forum to help u. If you know and understand them, you can get easily 1600+ elo.)
I am so good that I don't even need to type -rc because I never die !
^ I lolled. Yeah elo is quite easy to get, not really sure why this thread has been converted into an elo bragger. I dunno about +1600 being "easy"... but +1550 is no dramas.

Anyway Exodus is 100% right here, those who don't like Acid Cannon don't have to use it. This entire thread was one person having a knee-jerk overreaction to some noob failing with an acid cannon, it was quite stupid and selfish to make a suggestion to remove an item based over this.

(2012-09-13, 17:05:41)EarthR Wrote: teo_live elo 1356: you havent used this account in a while (although within 3 months since it exists). Seriously getting that low at elo means that your team always loses.
Earthr are you just playing-dumb?
I clearly said Teo_live is a social inactive account. In simple to understand terms it means I don't personally use Teo_live account to play battletanks at all. Now which part of that statement do you not understand Undecided

(2012-09-13, 17:05:41)EarthR Wrote: @teo_live: i couldnt care less who are you or which accounts you use i really dont.
Then why be "suspicious" to who I am? And why would you search for the ELO of an account I don't use?

....you say you don't care about me, but you have done enough investigating of me to write my autobiography @__@.
(2012-09-13, 08:47:37)Exodus Wrote: ...but I don't want false information to be spread around. The tank cannon of the Goliath is, as it is explicitly stated in the tooltip, non-homing.

This is the tooltip from the description: "Fires non-homing shots at random targets in 900 range. Deals splash damage. If 'Take Aim' is active, the Heavy Tank Cannon fires at this target, with 1300 range."

You mentioned non-homing in the first sentence yes, however I think it's pretty easy to mistake the underlined portion with a homing side effect, especially considering the nature of Take Aim.

Actually when you say homing, does this mean the shot hits the ground where the tank is standing rather than hitting a moving target like every other weapon in the game?
(2012-09-12, 19:55:06)Teo_live Wrote: Anyway I decided to post here because it seems the situation has changed thanks to beta. The new tank Golliath with his inbuilt speed boost and terrain advantage makes Acid-Cannon quite useless. You lose all tactical and supportive advantages Acid Cannon provides. I don't think I will be able to play Acid Cannon without feeding if Goliath comes into league.........

range is useless if someone got teleporter! thats why you should change from longrange too midrange and shortrange in midgame. after 40 min everyone got speedboost and after 50 min everyone got teleporter.

acid cannon is a weapon that you can buy at 40-60 min. = the acid cannon is only a suppoter cannon. you can buy this weapon too dmg the enemy on longer distance and if he comes in midrange you can kill him whit you mainweapons.

only acidcannons is a stupid combination because of teleporters
(2012-09-13, 22:29:57)Teo_live Wrote: ^ I lolled. Yeah elo is quite easy to get, not really sure why this thread has been converted into an elo bragger. I dunno about +1600 being "easy"... but +1550 is no dramas.

Anyway Exodus is 100% right here, those who don't like Acid Cannon don't have to use it. This entire thread was one person having a knee-jerk overreaction to some noob failing with an acid cannon, it was quite stupid and selfish to make a suggestion to remove an item based over this.

(2012-09-13, 17:05:41)EarthR Wrote: teo_live elo 1356: you havent used this account in a while (although within 3 months since it exists). Seriously getting that low at elo means that your team always loses.
Earthr are you just playing-dumb?
I clearly said Teo_live is a social inactive account. In simple to understand terms it means I don't personally use Teo_live account to play battletanks at all. Now which part of that statement do you not understand Undecided

(2012-09-13, 17:05:41)EarthR Wrote: @teo_live: i couldnt care less who are you or which accounts you use i really dont.
Then why be "suspicious" to who I am? And why would you search for the ELO of an account I don't use?

....you say you don't care about me, but you have done enough investigating of me to write my autobiography @__@.
i simply researched an elo of the accounts you claim to holdTongue to see what kind of skill level you have and to my surprise it was even worse than i anticipated. You may claim you dont use that account but that one is yours or was and was used at least within last 3 months.Tongue
YOu were too frightened to reveal your real accounts so i just used the ones to mentioned to make a point about how bad you play. Let me rephrase it not frightened but more like you dont have an account worth mentioningTongue .

BTW Althend i never wrote what my elo isTongue. I just simply used his elos to make a pointTongue and having an elo below 1450 is just sad :/ .
I got the highest elo so I am always right and i think acid cannons are awesome!!!!

srsly, that kind of attitude destroys every discussion.
(2012-09-14, 13:13:50)Prog Wrote: I got the highest elo so I am always right and i think acid cannons are awesome!!!!

srsly, that kind of attitude destroys every discussion.
See how the discussion is getting toward the wrong end when you misunderstand what i typeTongue .
I used the elo ranking to just say that having an elo around 1360 doesnt makes you an expert on anything.

And Prog there is a huge difference between you and him, you are on opposite margins. Meaning you know what you are doing he doesntTongue. See the differenceTongue
The point is: If the arguments are sound, the elo does not matter at all. If the arguments are not sound, the elo does not matter either. So why talk about elo and not about the arguments?
(2012-09-14, 14:10:34)Prog Wrote: The point is: If the arguments are sound, the elo does not matter at all. If the arguments are not sound, the elo does not matter either. So why talk about elo and not about the arguments?

(2012-08-02, 13:00:51)Teo_live Wrote: The post is just too biased and seems to based on a few bad experiences. Acid cannon is a great weapon when used properly. Sure one person might suck with an acid cannon, but that does not mean everyone does. Also I noticed many "acid-haters" tend to blame their loss on the acid user instead of themselves. I also notice some of the clan-trolls that plague ranked games tend to be acid-haters... anyone considering buying an acid cannon should brace themselves for nasty flame and pointless kick/ban attempts.
i hope this answers your question prog.Tongue
(2012-09-13, 21:52:02)Althend Wrote: If you want to be better, loves me!

(and there are enough tips provided in the forum to help u. If you know and understand them, you can get easily 1600+ elo.)[/color]

I love u but i still a NOOB. LIER !!!!

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Balance of Tank Cannon Muardin 2 2,053 2009-10-25, 22:39:11
Last Post: GooglyBoogly
  Ability [Tank cannon] underpowered Doomhammer112 24 12,814 2009-06-21, 13:30:09
Last Post: Prog
  tank cannon is later too weak Dinah 13 6,430 2008-05-27, 10:40:49
Last Post: JpOO